Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

I want to get back into the game after about a year break, what deck will be good post rising fist. I'm thinking something that can abuse mew two will be good, just need to find out what else...

So my local store is selling the plasmid blast? (Genesect) elite trainer box for £30 which for here is great value. Just wondering if it's worth it though. Is the set good? Or I can just put an extra £5 towards an XY box

daviduk2000 said:
So my local store is selling the plasmid blast? (Genesect) elite trainer box for £30 which for here is great value. Just wondering if it's worth it though. Is the set good? Or I can just put an extra £5 towards an XY box

Plasma Blast is a very good set, and the Elite Trainer Box comes with some really nice stuff, so I'd say go ahead and get it if you want to.

daviduk2000 said:

If you go online they are about 50$ without shipping. So you are basically buying it without the shipping. Plasma Plast is most likely going to stay in this format for a while, and also a very good set. It also comes with a lot of really nice goodies like a deck box, sleeves, Dice, and a players guide.

XY will stay in the format longer, and has a good amount of trainers and pokemon that are fairly good.

daviduk2000 said:

I am no fan of the elite trainer boxes. I only recommend them if
- you play and need the contents or
- you love the Pokémon on the box or
- you are a collector and want to collect all the boxes.

Thinking about buying a booster case, but not sure if I should preorder a Furious Fists case or get a Flashfire one before the price goes above retail. Also, is it worth getting booster cases? What are the chances I break even if I sell all the extras?

PTCGO what to buy?

hey guys i have 600 coins just sitting in my account, what PTCGO booster pack do you guys recommend i spend it on?

thanks!

600 coins or $6.00? If it is $6.00 buy a pack of the oldest set of cards you can find. The older you can find the better XD because old sets are now very hard to find XD.:)

xxashxx said:
600 coins or $6.00? If it is $6.00 buy a pack of the oldest set of cards you can find. The older you can find the better XD because old sets are now very hard to find XD.:)

He was talking about PTCGO

Oh ok. That was why I asked. Thanks XD.:)

What cards are expected to go up with the new extended format? I'm looking to potentially pick a bunch of that stuff up before it goes up. I figure anything from older decks like Eels, but I didn't play much back when those older sets were legal so my knowledge of what was good is somewhat limited.

Price is no real issue, but let's keep it below 100 dollars.

If you go to Pokemon.com and click on the TCG logo on the top right it should say somewhere what decks are eligible for competition. If that does not work just as your friend google LOLz.:)

I'm trying to talk myself into buying a Supreme Victors booster box...I can't find any on eBay and the only site that seems to have one is Collectors Cache, but its $170 and I've never used them before...

EDIT: I just found the same box from Blowout Cards for $155 - anyone have opinions on which site to buy from? I was going to get them off the Blowout Cards' eBay, but the listing ended. Whichever one I buy, I'll buy some other thing (loose packs, etc)

EDIT 2: Annnd I just saw the Blowout cards doesn't ship internationally...looks like either pay a bit more from Collectors Cache or wait and see if Blowout Cards relists them on eBay

Collectors Cache is fine. I have used them for years with no problems.

Have you guys tried Amazon? They might have those in stock for less XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Have you guys tried Amazon? They might have those in stock for less XD.:)

Price: $159.99 + $12.99 shipping
Only 2 left in stock.
Ships from and sold by Collector's Cache.
2 new from $159.99

That is the cheapest on Amazon. You might as buy directly from Collector's Cache and earn points.

Ouch. Never-mind then. Sorry XD. How about TOYSRUS? If not there that is my last try on older cards XD.:(

xxashxx said:
Ouch. Never-mind then. Sorry XD. How about TOYSRUS? If not there that is my last try on older cards XD.:(

Do they ship international?

I was hoping Dave and Adams Card world had some in stock - I've used them once before - the shipping was very expensive but from the time of ordering, I had my package in my hands in 3 days. From American to Australia in 2 days where things normally take 2 or 3 weeks, thats pretty good. If i do end up talking myself into it, I'll probably get it from Collectors Cache unless DAcardworld has it in stock by the time I get my Furious Fists boxes

EDIT: Does anyone know roughly what the international shipping rates are for collectors cache? I don't really want to buy a $160 box by itself and then get a huge shipping charge (thats why if I'm going to buy online, I wait and buy a few things together so the shipping doesn't seem too steep)

omahanime said:
xxashxx said:

Do they ship international?

Not sure. I know TOYRUS is in U.S. and Canada. May have to check out their website for their policy and see if they can.:)

Back