Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Flashfire Theme Decks

hi it's my birthday soon and i was wondering if the two new flashfire decks brilliant thunder and mystic typhoon are good for competitive battles and if they have a variety of strong and weak pokemon

thanks -wrestlinglord

RE: Flashfire Theme Decks

Theme decks aren't, and never have been very strong for competitive battle. If you mean battling them against each other (with a friend, for example), then generally they seem pretty even. They each have their little advantages and disadvantages.

RE: Flashfire Theme Decks

Auride said:
Theme decks are, and never have been very strong for competitive battle. If you mean battling them against each other (with a friend, for example), then generally they seem pretty even. They each have their little advantages and disadvantages.

thanks im a card collector mainly but i also like to battle so i was just wondering thanks again

Price Range: ~90$
What I'm looking to buy: Sealed Pokemon Booster Boxes of any language to open for my youtube channel.
Choices:

XY Rising Fist Booster Box + Mega Lucario Box (I like Japanese cards, and my printer doesn't work so I could use these as proxies.)

XY Flashfire Booster Box (Charizard EX Makes good trade material, quite a few staple trainers)

4-5 Korean Booster Boxes (Good Variety, Would make a lot of videos)

What do you guys think?

Ivysaurman said:
What I'm looking to buy: Sealed Pokemon Booster Boxes of any language to open for my youtube channel.
Choices:

XY Rising Fist Booster Box + Mega Lucario Box (I like Japanese cards, and my printer doesn't work so I could use these as proxies.)

XY Flashfire Booster Box (Charizard EX Makes good trade material, quite a few staple trainers)

What do you guys think?

Personally I would go with Korean, if it's for your channel. You can make more videos if you do more than 1 part per box.

What boxes are you planning to get?

Ivysaurman said:
Choices:

What do you guys think?

You should get more views with Flashfire.

Ivysaurman said:
Choices:

What do you guys think?

If you're doing it for views, the best way to capitalize is to upload on the days before, day of, or at most 3 days after the release of the object being opened.

He knows his stuff :), Flashfire has been out over a month so I would go with the Korean boxes. Korean cards are getting increasingly popular, but depends if you're a collector or player?

They are also enjoyable to open, and you get more bang for your buck per say. Though in the end result, majority of the cards have little monetry value.

ForeignDude said:
Ivysaurman said:
Choices:

What do you guys think?

If you're doing it for views, the best way to capitalize is to upload on the days before, day of, or at most 3 days after the release of the object being opened.

The latest release is XY Rising Fist Booster Box + Mega Lucario Box and there are many Japanese collectors. So you could get a fair number of views.

Before I give my price range and other information, it's important to know that I'm a collector. I just recently got into competitive play. So I'm really asking if I should buy some Japanese boxes to collect, and buy singles for new decks.

Price Range: $200
What I'm looking to buy: Japanese or English booster boxes.
Choices:

6-7 Rising Fist Booster Boxes(This is when buying from AmiAmi and including shipping)

2 XY Furious Fists Booster Boxes

I would go with XY Furious Fists Boxes, you can sell of trade off what you don't need for stuff you do need. The chances of you getting something good is quite high with two boxes. Though because the set isn't out, we don't know the pull rates yet.

With the Japanese most boxes have come with 1 SR/UR only a few have come without one.

[split] The Tin or Promo Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Got a message from eBay. They're giving me a $20-off coupon. Should I use it to get one of the new tins? Or, should I get a Charizard Ex box? Which is more likely to produce good pulls? Either way, getting a free tin/box is already a win, but I'd still like to get something good :D

omahanime said:
Do you collect promos?

Are you interested in the Pyroar Box?

I don't specifically try to collect promos, but I do have a few. I like the Delphox Ex card though, so if I get a tin, it'd be the Delphox tin.

Hmm yes, the Pyroar box seems interesting. I don't play, so I guess I could always trade away the holo trainer cards in it. Plus, it has two Flashfire packs, which is a plus for me.

So I've been gone a while need some help.

I just bought my first tin since the black and white base set. So yeah it's been quite a long time. So in out of the loop need a few quick pointers
So I got a Mega kangaskhan and it's all gold and 109/106
So this is obviously the super rares now what are the names given to these supers in terms of discussion purposes?. Also what is the pull rate of these gold mega cards.

Also is he any good now I can't investigate every card since I've been away there's just too many. Simply is it playable (don't have the EX yet)

And finally if I was to buy a booster box bearing in mind if have very very few legal cards now apart from my 1 tin. What would be the best box to buy. In terms of giving me the most staples and best pokemon. Maybe give me the best 2 boxes.

I thinks that's all for now oh and is mega evolution same as evolving? So I could use an Evo soda on them?

Ooh and one more thing. Can someone tell me what the best trainers are rigt now just like basically what are the staple trainers right now. Just names will do I can investigate myself unless you don't mind telli what they do.

Thanks very much and hope to get right back into this game. Missed it so much.

RE: So I've been gone a while need some help.

daviduk2000 said:
I just bought my first tin since the black and white base set. So yeah it's been quite a long time. So in out of the loop need a few quick pointers
So I got a Mega kangaskhan and it's all gold and 109/106
So this is obviously the super rares now what are the names given to these supers in terms of discussion purposes?. Also what is the pull rate of these gold mega cards.
They are called Secret Rares. :) From what I have experienced, they tend to be one every other booster box (36 packs).

daviduk2000 said:
Also is he any good now I can't investigate every card since I've been away there's just too many. Simply is it playable (don't have the EX yet)
It's being experimented with currently in Aromatisse because of its convenient Colorless attack cost, and because virtually nothing can one-shot it. So yes, it is playable.

daviduk2000 said:
And finally if I was to buy a booster box bearing in mind if have very very few legal cards now apart from my 1 tin. What would be the best box to buy. In terms of giving me the most staples and best pokemon. Maybe give me the best 2 boxes.
Hmm... This is a tough one. It all depends on what kind of deck you're looking to build, really. Plasma Blast is a pretty lackluster set other than Virizion EX and Genesect EX, but it has Ultra Ball, for example. If you're looking to make a deck, you're usually better off buying singles.

daviduk2000 said:
I thinks that's all for now oh and is mega evolution same as evolving? So I could use an Evo soda on them?
Yep, but in case you don't know, Mega Evolution ends your turn.

daviduk2000 said:
Ooh and one more thing. Can someone tell me what the best trainers are rigt now just like basically what are the staple trainers right now. Just names will do I can investigate myself unless you don't mind telli what they do.
1. Professor Sycamore/Juniper (they both do the same thing, but Sycamore is newer. Note: You can't use 4 Juniper and 4 Sycamore, or 2 Sycamore and 2 Juniper, it has to be one or the other.)
2. N
3. Ultra Ball

daviduk2000 said:
Thanks very much and hope to get right back into this game. Missed it so much.
Hope this helped!

Yes you helped a lot thanks. Just need some more insight on what booster box to buy as me and a mate are going to half one. I probably wouldn't got for plasma anyway since I really didn't like the actual plasma cards with blue borders it actually really bugs me and my collecting side.

Well if you want a chance at that Kangaskhan EX so you can use that secret rare M. Kangaskhan EX (which I envy that pull btw) then Flashfire is something you would want to invest in. Alot of the fairy stuff though is in XY. It really does depend on the deck you want to make, but I'd say most currently XY and/or Flashfire. This is also an instance where singles may not be a bad idea too. Several sites have those so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

From a collector's standpoint, Flashfire might be the way to go because of all the Charizard cards in it. Other than that though, there isn't tons of playable stuff. Like I said before, you can't really build a competitive deck using just one set. :)

Back