DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Questions and Answers Thread (All generations, excluding 5th)

xxashxx said:
How do I fix my broken Platinum case?

I'd recommend super glue, since theres no real other solution. Also, I'd do it fast. My friends' White Version that also broke that way ended up with the chip thing inside rusting and it not working anymore.

Best way to gain happiness in Soul Silver?

Trying to evolve the Togepi and I want a Togetic as soon as possible. Any other ways to increase happiness other than winning battles, holding soothe bell, first in party etc?

There's the Haircut Brothers in the Goldenrod Underground. The older brother ($500 cost) is better at raising it, but the younger brother ($300 cost) can still raise it. Who appears there depends on day of the week.

There's also Daisy who will massage a Pokemon between 3 and 4pm for free, but she's in Pallet Town and that comes way later.

Will the Azelf and Uxie respawn in Platinum after beating the elite four if you knock them out? If yes will they be the exact same one? (nature, IVs) Also for the Zoroark and Zoroa event to work do the Beasts and Celebi have to be brought in with the relocator or can they be traded.

Don't take these as concrete answers, but yes, I do believe they come back after beating the E4, and no, they'll be entirely different. And for the events, I believe they have to be brought in via Relocator.

Nope, regular transfer lets the event work as well.

Okey, so what if someone transfers them in using the relocator or transfer lab and trades it to another black or white game, will it work on that one?

DNA said:
There's the Haircut Brothers in the Goldenrod Underground. The older brother ($500 cost) is better at raising it, but the younger brother ($300 cost) can still raise it. Who appears there depends on day of the week.

There's also Daisy who will massage a Pokemon between 3 and 4pm for free, but she's in Pallet Town and that comes way later.

Thanks DNA, I always wondered what they were for...

Trainerhan1 said:
Okey, so what if someone transfers them in using the relocator or transfer lab and trades it to another black or white game, will it work on that one?

Yup.
Just keep in mind that that specific Pokemon can only trigger its respective event once only. This means you cannot transfer a Celebi, use it to get a Zorua of your own, and then trade it to a friend so he can unlock Zorua. (I tried this once.)

~~~~~

A question of my own.
I know that in Gen 4 Wifi Battles you can set it to auto-level both player's teams to level 50 or 100. Is there any place or feature in the Gen 4 games that allows you to auto-level to 100 any other way, be it Frontier, wirelessly, or whatever? (I have multiple DS systems and multiple games, so pulling it off will not be an obstacle.)

DNA said:
Yup.
Just keep in mind that that specific Pokemon can only trigger its respective event once only. This means you cannot transfer a Celebi, use it to get a Zorua of your own, and then trade it to a friend so he can unlock Zorua. (I tried this once.)

~~~~~

A question of my own.
I know that in Gen 4 Wifi Battles you can set it to auto-level both player's teams to level 50 or 100. Is there any place or feature in the Gen 4 games that allows you to auto-level to 100 any other way, be it Frontier, wirelessly, or whatever? (I have multiple DS systems and multiple games, so pulling it off will not be an obstacle.)

If this is to check IVs, I reccomend you use the battle tower since you are autoleveled to 50. Your IVs will be exact or 1 off.

If I wanted to be one off, I would migrate to Gen 5 and just do it that way. I am asking if there is any other way to do an auto-level-100 in Gen 4 other than Wifi, since the error margin is zero.

DNA said:
If I wanted to be one off, I would migrate to Gen 5 and just do it that way. I am asking if there is any other way to do an auto-level-100 in Gen 4 other than Wifi, since the error margin is zero.
Does the 1 point matter? If it is nature boosted, it is exact.

EDIT: use metalkid's stat calc. edit the IVs until it matches your Hidden Power. Thats how I got my Kyogre's IVs.

http://metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/Stat.aspx

Does the 1 point matter?
More than you realize.

Since I have to check the IVs of 8 separate Pokemon right now (it would have been 12 but I got lazy), I guess I'll just wait for a Wifi trade partner to log on.

SS Question:
If a Pokemon learns a HM move naturally, like a Salamence learning Fly at Level 50, is that move treat as a normal HM? Unforgettable, Usable outside of battle etc...

Yes, it is treated as a normal HM move, which kinda sucks.

Thanks, I've also got another question. SS again.

When waiting for how many days in the Safari Zone after placing some blocks, does changing the DS date help speed up the process?
Trying to get a Bagon and wondering if I can set the date to 110 days from now. a rely wanna salmnce

Thanks a bunch!

Changing the calendar date shouldn't work, as it'd be too easy. No, what might work is this: Set the clock to 23:59, go into the game, wait until it hits 00:00 or 00:01, save, and repeat until the number of days passed reached your desires number. It all depends on what it treats as a day passed, and I don't really know it.

After I finish White 2, I plan on doing another run of Soul Silver. I want to use a Tyrogue. So, here's the question: What is the earliest point at which I can get the Mt. Mortar gift Tyrogue?

It seems the only restriction is Waterfall, which you can't use until you get the last Johto badge.

Chariblaze said:
It seems the only restriction is Waterfall, which you can't use until you get the last Johto badge.

asdfghjkl;lkhd
Well, looks like I'll have to switch to Snubbull than. Thanks anyway, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back