DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dialkia198

Too lazy to put something new here
RE: The Questions and Answers Thread (All generations, excluding 5th)

Chariblaze said:
Not sure about easiest, going to give you my way:

Somewhat weaken it immediately, down to low orange, I suppose, and then start throwing Ultra Balls. After about 10 of them, bring in the Timer Balls, and try to maintain its health in that range.

Thanks, I'll try it out if the battle lasts that long.. Hopefully it will.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member

Tip: A Pokemon around LV55 (or in the low to mid 50s) that uses a non-STAB Ice Beam will get Rayquaza down to the red in one shot. I used Swampert or Kyogre, but that might not be possible for you. Suffice it to say that, if you have Ice Beam, you'll severely dent Rayquaza's HP.

Swampert's probably the best option because he's quite tankish.

Dialkia198

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Tip: A Pokemon around LV55 (or in the low to mid 50s) that uses a non-STAB Ice Beam will get Rayquaza down to the red in one shot. I used Swampert or Kyogre, but that might not be possible for you. Suffice it to say that, if you have Ice Beam, you'll severely dent Rayquaza's HP.

Swampert's probably the best option because he's quite tankish.
Unfortunately, I chose Blaziken, so Swampert's a no. I actually just have my Gyarados use Blizzard. It hits most of the time and never KOs unless it crits. And Kyogre would OHKO, even with just Ice Beam, because the only one I have access to is level 70.

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

I'm sure this has been asked and asked and answered, but I fear for the life of my beloved Ruby game. It's "internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played, however clock based events will no longer occur." Will the game continue to work for a long time or will it go dead in a short amount of time. I don't mind the message at all, I can deal with that, I just want to know if the game will be playable for much longer. It'd kill me if it died soon.

^In reply to the comment/question above:
When I played the game and tried to catch Rayquaza, I used a Pokemon that was a slightly lower level than the target Pokemon, and used its strongest moves to get Rayquaza's HP down to middle to low orange. I then brought out my strongest Pokemon, or one that I knew could take a hit because it had high HP, just to make the battle last longer. Then I used stat-reducing moves to keep from lowering Rayquaza's HP. I also tried paralyzing it or using what ever non-physical moves my high-HP Pokemon had. After that I start throwing Dusk and Ultra Balls at it and just hoping for the best. Later on in the battle you can switch to Timer Balls. It sounds quite noobish in reality, but I was about nine years old when I figured out this system so I didn't really know what I was doing, but I do know it worked, in fact, I still do it today.

DNA

Advanced Member

I'm sure this has been asked and asked and answered, but I fear for the life of my beloved Ruby game. It's "internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played, however clock based events will no longer occur." Will the game continue to work for a long time or will it go dead in a short amount of time. I don't mind the message at all, I can deal with that, I just want to know if the game will be playable for much longer. It'd kill me if it died soon.
The game will continue to work. Like the message says, the internal battery will only affect the clock - and nothing else. You will still be able to play your game as normal, for the most part.

Mew2000

Pokemon Trainer

where do we go for wifi battles with previous generations

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

You still use the Master Wifi thread in Fifth Generation.

RogueChomp

Team DBT

Is there any possible way to catch Mew and/or Deoxys in any of the games, fire red through HG/SS, without Action replay/cheats or events?

DNA

Advanced Member

RogueChomp said:
Is there any possible way to catch Mew and/or Deoxys in any of the games, fire red through HG/SS, without Action replay/cheats or events?
FRLGE: Deoxys can be obtained via the Aurora Ticket event.
Emerald: Mew can be obtained via the Old Sea Map event.

So the answer is no.

RogueChomp

Team DBT

D:> That ain't right..... :p That makes completing the pokedex 100 steps harder XD

DNA

Advanced Member

RogueChomp said:
D:> That ain't right.... :p That makes completing the pokedex 100 steps harder XD
For completing the National Pokedex, it doesn't count event-exclusive legendaries for your trainer card.

RogueChomp

Team DBT

>:[= Too bad. :p
Then wouldn't it be impossible to finish the Pokedex without events?

DNA

Advanced Member

If you wanted to get all the Pokemon species (including events), then yes, it'd be impossible without events or trading.

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner

Only Zubat can be found in this cave, but it is possible for the Altering Cave's wild Pokémon to be altered by using Mystery Gift at a Wonder Spot hosted by Nintendo. Despite this, no country has ever held an event to make use of this hidden feature.
- Bulbapedia Altering Cave article

Does anyone know why no country hosted something like this or was it just Nintendo trying to market Colosseum by 'Mystery Gifting' Pokemon that are in that game?

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...

Delta said:
- Bulbapedia Altering Cave article

Does anyone know why no country hosted something like this or was it just Nintendo trying to market Colosseum by 'Mystery Gifting' Pokemon that are in that game?

I think it just proved too unnecessary. The optimal locations would have been retail stores, which would require too much training for this, specialty stores like Pokemon Center or Nintendo World, which would have actually worked well, or stuff like Pokemon Rocks America or Journey Across America, which were busy giving out event items and 30 favorite Pokemon. Since they were kinda meant to market Colosseum by giving Pokemon that are normally unobtainable, it would have worked out. But with Emerald on the horizon 8 months from FRLG, I guess it just never did. So no, I don't think anyone really knows, but there are my ideas.

The Yoshi

Wumbo

I'm currently deciding whether I should get Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, because I haven't played either of them, and a GC RPG seems fun. Could I have some opinions from people who have played the full game and let me know which one is the better one to get? The Pokemon available in the game isn't really a judging factor, but if you prefer one over the other because of the Pokemon, then please let me know.

Dialkia198

The Yoshi said:
I'm currently deciding whether I should get Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, because I haven't played either of them, and a GC RPG seems fun. Could I have some opinions from people who have played the full game and let me know which one is the better one to get? The Pokemon available in the game isn't really a judging factor, but if you prefer one over the other because of the Pokemon, then please let me know.
Both of them are awesome games. However, XD is has a bit more to do in-game and more available Pokemon, so you would be slightly more likely to get your money's worth. Colosseum, on the other hand, is somewhat harder, so beating the game may seem more rewarding. Also, XD is a sequel to Colosseum, so you might not understand some of the plot without having played Colosseum first. Either way though, I recommend both of them, so it's really your choice.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

How do I fix my broken Platinum case? It is broken at the part where it opens and closes where the binding is. You know the part where the tab connects to the cover and when it opens all the way it is supposed to hold the top part together? Not the tab part that holds it closed but the part where the bind connects to the cover part of the case. I can't put tape on the bind because of the plastic cover that holds the paper insert in the case. I can't show a pic at all because I don't know how to get the pics off my phone if I did take a picture. Is there a way to remove the cover without damaging the plastic or the paper cover for the case? Thanks XD. I have had it for about 3 years so finally it just broke the other day. Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: Anyone know how to fix the broken case XD or know how to remove the case plastic without damaging it to make the case easy to fix with tape? Thanks XD.:)

The Yoshi

Wumbo

Is there any way I can get the Aurora Ticket and Mystic Ticket for my FR/LG game? I know it's near impossible to get, but is there any way to get it? (I don't mind if it's an Action Replay Code either)

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...

The Yoshi said:
Is there any way I can get the Aurora Ticket and Mystic Ticket for my FR/LG game? I know it's near impossible to get, but is there any way to get it? (I don't mind if it's an Action Replay Code either)

AR/Game Shark is the only way. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.