DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Questions and Answers Thread (All generations, excluding 5th)

Okay then! This will save me a bit of unnecessary work. Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but it seems as good as any.

If I were to use an AR to catch Pokemon like Arceus, Jirachi, Deoxys, Celebi and other event dudes, but didn't glitch them to affect their IVs, or stats in any way, would they be considered illegal for competetive play?

If you catch them in a location that they cannot be caught in they are illegal and if caught in the location that the event gave acsess to they should be legal (depends on where and the judges), so pokemon like Mew and Celebi are very hard to get a legal version via hacking. Please correct me if wrong.

The hack check flag will go off for any small reason, and that includes the location wherein the Pokemon was acquired.

By the way, event-exclusive legendaries are not permitted for use in Pokemon competitions anyway, for any reason.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
The hack check flag will go off for any small reason, and that includes the location wherein the Pokemon was acquired.

By the way, event-exclusive legendaries are not permitted for use in Pokemon competitions anyway, for any reason.

Whoops I was using Smogon tiers. My mistake.

And, my friend is a complete dope and he said that you can get a Dialga Egg in HGSS, I told him not and said that you can only get it with the Arceus event (and all that stuff), and it instantley hatches with no steps, and the egg cannot be veiwed, I told him lookat an event list (BP or Serebii) and he said the game proves it and I said hacks. How can I teach him that he is wrong and it is a hack?

Only way I can think of is to actually show him that you can't get the pokemon in an egg.

Blui129 said:
Whoops I was using Smogon tiers. My mistake.

And, my friend is a complete dope and he said that you can get a Dialga Egg in HGSS, I told him not and said that you can only get it with the Arceus event (and all that stuff), and it instantley hatches with no steps, and the egg cannot be veiwed, I told him lookat an event list (BP or Serebii) and he said the game proves it and I said hacks. How can I teach him that he is wrong and it is a hack?

Show him the actual Arceus event yourself...?

Technically it is a Dialga Egg but you only view it in the cutscene; as far as data goes, there is no egg at all - you're just given the level 1 Dialga (or your choice of dragon) right off.

Either your friend is probably just gullible, or you didn't explain what you meant very well.

Thanks DNA! I really appreciate it, he now realises that he was wrong and gave me a Bold UT Chansey with Seismic Toss.

In HG/SS does the code for Buena's password stay activated after you have listened in after you save and turn it off? I know once you listen in it stays active until you can talk to Buena. I am wondering because if it stay's active after I save and turn it off then I can talk to her if I am running late on the event which I have had to do if I come within 60 seconds of the code running out since it says active 1 hour at a time every 3 hours. I usually do it during the 2 PM hour but I have had to activate the code at 2:59 PM before and when it switched to 3 PM I was still able to do it because I activated the code before the time changed to 3 PM. I am wondering if you save and then turn it off does the code stay active even though you saved the game after it was activated? Thanks XD.:)

I think the answer is yes. I'd have to test that myself to be sure, but I'm fairly positive the answer is yes.

I tried it to day and it works. I never knew until now though. Thanks man.:)

What is a good level to have your team at before you fight the Elite Four in Yellow? 50? 55? maybe even higher?
Obviously, the higher the better, but what level should I be at to have the challenge be reasonably acceptable?

(My team is currently in the high-40s and I already know a good place to grind. Also don't ask me about the Mew glitch for Missingno. in Yellow. It doesn't work for me.)

What is a good level to have your team at before you fight the Elite Four in Yellow? 50? 55? maybe even higher?
Obviously, the higher the better, but what level should I be at to have the challenge be reasonably acceptable?

(My team is currently in the high-40s and I already know a good place to grind. Also don't ask me about the Mew glitch for Missingno. in Yellow. It doesn't work for me.)

I'd say 50, maybe have a couple higher. The only difficult ones in my opinion are gary and Loriel, or however you spell it.

I'd say around 53-56.

I'll try for 53, since my Jolteon learns Thunder at 52, although 50 is passable. Thanks guys!

Right now I'm playing platinum. My main guys are:

Torterra-Lv. 67-
Giga Drain
Razor Leaf
EQ
Crunch

Lucario-Lv. 51-
Extreme Speed
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere

I can't beat the elite four. What is the quickest way I can get good guys to beat them? (Without AR)

Expand your team horizons.

Aaron is Bug. You'll probably want some Fire, Flying, and Rock type moves to get rid of the guy. A Staraptor with Aerial Ace can easily clean up.
Bertha is Ground. Torterra could probably handle her but it doesn't hurt to have some Water-type backup.
Flint is Fire. Get the Water-type and go to town. Might I recommend Floatzel?
Lucian is Psychic. All his team is weak to either Ghost or Dark, save for Bronzong who's only weak to Fire. The key here is to kill him quick before he kills you.
And lastly Cynthia uses every type. Come prepared with several different avenues of attack.

As far as building up EXP? Try out the Vs Seeker. Before the E4 my routes of choice are the one just west of Sunyshore and the one just south of Hearthome (in front of the mansion).

Is it possible to trade with people that aren't in the same area as you without using GTS?

Like a set-up trade with a specific person. Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back