Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
drcigg said:
Not real sure. We just enjoy opening the packs it's not about the money. I want him to open packs and pick out cards that he wants to play with. He doesn't play in tournament's or anything like that.

You may want to look at http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-tcg-one-full-featured-online-pokemon-tcg-simulator-ex-hidden-legends-set-live

PokeDan23

Pokemon Fan Since 1999
Gold Reshiram and Zekrom

Hello all,

I know it's probably too early to tell exactly what the ratio is for the Gold Reshirams and Zekroms (I heard 1 in every 2 cases, 1 in every 2 boxes, etc.), but I was wondering what everyone's experiences were at their Prereleases. I went to one today and 2 Gold Reshirams were pulled; one from the initial round of 6 packs and 1 from the final round of 2 packs. I also opened 2 booster boxes of the set today and I got a Gold Zekrom in both boxes!

How many of these Gold cards did anyone else see/pull?

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I managed to get my booster box with great difficulty and pulled as follows:

Zekrom ex
Reshiram ex
Black kyurem ex
Mewtwo ex
Chandelure ex
Keldeo ex

2x Meloetta ex FA
2x Meloetta ex
2x Emolga FA
Reshiram FA
Shaymin EX FA
Mew ex FA

17 Holos

I was expecting 2 of each for all but one Radiant Collection "UR" but I fell two short. Odd cause the prerelease boxes that were opened in my city had that pattern.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
HOLY COW 17 HOLOS AND ALL THOSE EX'S?! I NEED TO BUY ME SOME BOXES!!!

Ahem... calmed down aside... that is amazing. So tired of the whole 1 in 3 packs for a worthless holo and you end up with like... 8-12 holos with 24 rares... This is even better than dare I say... EX Battle Boost. But the quality is not as good of course.

I don't know if this is off topic or if this contributes to the thread but...

I didn't have enough money to buy a box. So I ended up going to my comic shop to buy 10 packs from their opened booster box. They only had 18 left. No idea who got what from those 18 or what was left the remaining 8 but from the 10 that I got from the front...

Zekrom holo and Zekrom EX in ONE pack. It wasn't reverse holo either.
Reshiram EX
GOLD Reshiram Full Art!
Moltres holo and Reshiram EX in one pack.
Cobalion holo
Emolga full art

That's 6 packs. 6 of 10 to be good, that's crazy. Unless the bad stuff happens to be in the rest of the packs... *ahem* I will return once again when I have ordered my two boxes but it definitely seems like the pull rates are excellent.

Pookapotamus

Aspiring Trainer
I just opened my box of LT and got quite a bit:

1 Excadrill EX
1 Darkrai EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 White Kyurem EX
1 Kyurem EX
1 Lugia EX

As for RC:

2 Reshiram FA
2 Emolga FA
2 Mew EX FA
2 Meloetta EX FA
1 Meloetta EX
1 Shaymin EX

18 Holos

I'm pretty happy with my pulls except for Lugia and Kyurem as I don't need them on a player or collector standpoint. Also, no Golden Card :(

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
The amount of ultra rares in a box is insane with Legendary Treasures!

Here's what I pulled:

1 Reshiram EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Zekrom EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Chandelure EX
1 Lugia EX
2 Meloetta EX RC
2 Shaymin EX FA RC
1 Reshiram FA RC
2 Emolga FA RC
2 Mew EX FA RC
2 Meloetta EX FA RC

21 Holos

Aaaaaand... Golden Zekrom! :D

I pulled the complete RC set with my box, too. I think I'll buy another box, haha

callmekyle11

Aspiring Trainer
Opened a box of Legendary Treasures

Darkrai EX
Keldeo EX
Reshiram EX
Excadrill EX
Black Kyurem EX

Meloetta EX RC
FA Meloetta EX RC x2
FA Emolga RC x2
FA Mew Ex RC x2
FA Shaymin EX RC x2
FA Reshiram RC

and Gold Zekrom ^_^

Got 2 full sets of the RC(minus the second reshiram FA and meloetta reg art) as well as all of the common/uncommons.
barely any reverse holos, under 10 i think, either way was the most fun ive had with a box yet :D

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten doubles of a holo or reverse holo from Legendary Treasures? I find it odd that my box had zero doubles in the holos and reverse holos. (Note I mean of one specific rarity. I did, for instance, get both holo and reverse Terrakion, but only 1 of each.) Radiant Collection doesn't count.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
RiverShock said:
Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten doubles of a holo or reverse holo from Legendary Treasures? I find it odd that my box had zero doubles in the holos and reverse holos. (Note I mean of one specific rarity. I did, for instance, get both holo and reverse Terrakion, but only 1 of each.) Radiant Collection doesn't count.

I can't speak for Legendary Treasures, but of the Booster Boxes I *have* bought (Triumphant through Plasma Blast, I believe), I don't ever recall getting doubles of a holo or reverse holo.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Really? I'm pretty sure it was possible in previous sets. Maybe it just became more apparent because holos are more common in Legendary Treasures. *shrug* Don't know what to think currently.

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
I got a bunch of doubles of the non-holo rares but none of the holo or revs. It's happened a couple of times before to me though in previous sets.

fezwhy

Aspiring Trainer
In one box I pulled
mew ex X2
Meleotta ex X2 (both radient cards)
Shaymin ex X2
Luigi ex
Darkrai ec
Excadrill ex
Zekrom ex X2
Keldeo ex
Kyrem ex
Reshiram ex
Victini ex

I am only missing 18 cards from completing a whole set. Minus all the rh I need yet.

Does anyone know how many FA are in this set and which ones?

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
There's five FAs and they're all part of Radiant Collection. Shaymin, Reshiram, Meloetta, Mew and Emolga.

Legendary Treasures's pulls are insane. I got NINETEEN (19) holos and 6 EX cards from the main set, and completed Radiant Collection with extra Full Arts of <3 Meloetta <3 and Reshiram.

fezwhy

Aspiring Trainer
I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my first box. Now I know I don't need a 3rd box.
Oh ok so there are 7 total FA cards. My 2nd box arrives tomorrow, hopefully I can get a few more to complete this set. Although with all the duplicates I can trade for them too.

Zitro

Aspiring Trainer
I just opened two Boxes of Legendary Treasures.

Box 1:
2x Reshiram FA
2x Emolga FA
2x Mew EX FA
2x Maloeta EX FA
1x Maloeta EX
2x Shaymin EX FA
1x Reshiram EX
1x Zekrom EX
1x Chandelure EX
1x Victini EX
1x Lugia EX
1x White Kyurem EX
1x Gold Zekrom

Box 2:
2x Reshiram FA
2x Emolga FA
2x Mew EX FA
2x Maloeta EX FA
1x Maloeta EX
2x Shaymin EX FA
1x Reshiram EX
1x Zekrom EX
1x Chandelure EX
1x Victini EX
1x Darkrai EX
1x Black Kyurem EX

So almost mirror boxes. Pretty funny.

fezwhy

Aspiring Trainer
Are any of the older booster boxes like dragons exalted and boundaries crossed, plasma freeze worth buying? Or am I better off buying cards off ebay. I'm mostly interested in the full arts from all the sets. I thought I read somewhere that the drop rate for FA in booster boxes was 2 per box.

proddy

Aspiring Trainer
fezwhy said:
Are any of the older booster boxes like dragons exalted and boundaries crossed, plasma freeze worth buying? Or am I better off buying cards off ebay. I'm mostly interested in the full arts from all the sets. I thought I read somewhere that the drop rate for FA in booster boxes was 2 per box.

If you're after specific cards, buying them individually is cheaper.

If you just want to open packs, then go for a sealed box. It's not always 2 FAs, could be more or less. Or none at all.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
I bought a box of legendary treasures and heres what I pulled
1- Reshiram EX
1- Excadrill EX
1- Victini EX
1- Mewtwo EX
1- Darkrai EX
1- White Kyurem EX
1- Kyurem EX
2- Shaymin EX Full Art
2- Emolga Full Art