Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

So i bought a booster box of XY. My worst box ever!

Mega Blastoise EX
Skarmory EX FA
Venusaur EX
1 Yveltal Rare and no Xerneas Rare

I've been hearing the pulls on the X&Y Boxes were pretty horrible and it had me worried. Luckily, I got a pretty damn good box.
Skarmory EX
Skarmory EX FA
Blastoise EX FA
Venusaur EX
Yveltal EX

The one thing that had me disappointed was I didn't pull any Greninjas >.<

Alrighty Booster box results!

-Emolga ex
-Mega Venusaur ex
-Skarmory ex FA
-Blastoise ex FA

8 Holos
No Aromatisse or Baby Xerneas btw.

Btw I thought my energy count was amusing. I got 4 each of Dark Psychic and Fighting. 5 Fairy, and 1 Grass. As for the other energys...didn't pull any.

Well that's my question answered I was about to ask is it normal to pull 2 FA's from a booster box as this was my 1st ever and see others have to lol I was like oh my god oh my god

I got:
Blastoise FA
Xerneas FA
2 emolga ex

And I got 11 holos in total inc. those 4

Shining Dragon said:
In this thread discuss the pull rates for boxes. If you have a question about a pull rate for a card post it here!

omahanime said:
Clarification of what is allowed:

You can
- ask how often a card occurs.
- post what you got from the opening of a box.

You can not
- post what you pulled from less than a box.
- box opening videos

For all non-English booster boxes, please use this thread. We also have a thread for Tin and Promo Box pull rates.

I hoped for a playable box, but....

Skarmory EX FA
Skarmory EX
M Blastoise EX
M Venusaur EX

9 Holos

Aromatisse
Baby Xerneas and Yveltal,
Trevenant RH

I think I got a pretty decent box. I was afraid I wouldn't pull any Greninja or Trevenant, but I got one of each! I was hoping I'd get x2 of either card, but I don't want to think too greedily... :rolleyes:

2l8ccut.jpg

1zlfwxs.jpg

2a0f0i1.jpg

Trainers:
x2 Cassius
x4 Evosoda (x1 is RH)
x4 Fairy Garden (x1 is RH)
x3 Great Ball
x3 Hard Charm
x3 Max Revive
x4 Muscle Band (x1 is RH)
x3 Professor Sycamore
x4 Professor's Letter (x1 is RH)
x4 Red Card (x1 is RH)
x2 Roller Skates
x4 Shadow Circle (x1 is RH)
x2 Shauna
x3 Super Potion
x1 Team Flare Grunt

Energy:
x3 Grass
x3 Fire
x2 Water
x2 Lightning
x1 Psychic
x5 Fairy
x3 Rainbow (x1 is RH)

The EX's, Holos, Trainers, and Energies I got from my Box were:

EX:
x1 Blastoise EX
x1 Emolga EX
x2 Yveltal EX (x1 is FA)

Holos:
x1 Aegislash
x1 Chesnaught
x1 Delphox
x1 Furfrou
x1 Gogoat
x1 Gourgeist
x1 Lapras
x1 Surpluff
x1 Vivillon (High Plains)

Trainers:
x3 Cassius
x3 Evosoda
x3 Fairy Garden
x3 Great Ball
x3 Hard Charm
x4 Max Revive
x3 Professor Sycamore
x3 Professor's Letter
x1 Red Card
x2 Roller Skates
x3 Shadow Circle
x3 Shauna
x3 Super Potion
x4 Team Flare Grunt

Energy:
x2 Water
x2 Lightning
x1 Psychic
x1 Fighting
x1 Darkness
x4 Metal
x3 Fairy
x1 Double Colorless
x1 Rainbow

Overall I think I got some great pulls.

Got my Box today
and the highlights were
Yveltal EX FA
M Venusaur EX
M Blastoise EX
Skarmory EX
Xerneas EX
2 Slurpuff
1 aromatisse
it brought my aegislash count up two 3 of each kind
Greninja Holo
Chesnaught Holo
Vivillion Holo
half of my reverse holo's were rares
and at least 3 of each trainer/special energy with reverses for each

I've never opened a box before but that seems good to me.

I've heard a lot of rumours about the pull ratios for holos being worse, like 1 in 4 or even 5. But to me it seams like the pull ratio for holos (including EX and FA) are just like normal, 1 in 3. Heck, some of you even got 13 holos in your boxes? Is it just that people are so used to legendary treasures pull rates?

That's what it seems like. I skipped over Legendary Treasures for the pure fact of most of the cards in the set were reprints and I knew the pull ratio would spoil the heck out of me.

Opened my XY box and it wasn't bad, wasn't great. I got four Ultra Rares with one full art and nine holos with one duplicate. I also got a crazy amount of reverse rare holos, six, compared to my three or four per box previously. Debating between trading/selling and keeping them since I really don't need them for my collection...

For my Ultra Rares I got:
-Mega Blastoise EX
-Emolga EX
-Xerneas EX
-Emolga EX FA

And for holos:
-Chesnaught
-Gogoat
-Talonflame
-Greninja
-Trevenant
-Gourgeist
-Slurpuff x2
-Furfrou

Combining holos and Ultra Rares that comes out to one every 2.77 packs, which I suppose is a good ratio?

Still rather disappointed I didn't get a reverse Zorua for my Zorua collection (for a common the amount of non-holo Zoruas I got was rather low actually) or Delphox, Zoroark, and Aegislash holos, nor any Yveltal EX since I get the feeling it'll be the most valuable EX in the set. Still, it was far better than the Plasma Freeze box I just opened the other day which gave me 3 normal EX (one of which I already had), no FA, and a laughable amount of holos. So far my box experience has been:

Legendary Treasures: Awesome!
Plasma Blast: Great! (got two FA in it and I think two or three normal EX and a good amount of holos)
XY: Okay/Goodish
Plasma Freeze (both boxes I've opened): Terrible

Does anyone know the approximate pull rate of a Mega-EX? To me they seem to be almost as rare as the BW shiny pokemon.

Apparently they're the same *ex rarity as regular EXes. That would also match how they were in the Japanese release. People have gotten multiple M EXes in one box, so there's no way they're as rare as Shinies.

Okay, so the Megas are in the same proportion as EXs are to packs, but no even near-definite proportion of them packaged in booster boxes, because at my PR, with about 10 boxes, only 2 Megas were pulled overall. What should be done in other sets, or even later prints of this one is to level out the probabilities so as not to be entirely off-proportion, like the boxes for Dragons Exalted.

Yeah, there used to be set pulls in booster boxes but they changed that somewhere around the beginning of the Plasma sets, IIRC. You can get super lucky with some boxes and super unlucky with others; it's just the risk of the draw.

Bad box for me :(

M Venusaur EX(which i actually pulled earlier in the week =/)
Skarmory EX
Yveltal EX
Blastoise EX FA(favorite card in the set, so this kind of made up for it)

7 holos
a bunch of reverse rares
all energies except metal

callmekyle11 said:
Bad box for me :(

M Venusaur EX(which i actually pulled earlier in the week =/)
Skarmory EX
Yveltal EX
Blastoise EX FA(favorite card in the set, so this kind of made up for it)

7 holos
a bunch of reverse rares
all energies except metal

depending on holos, this isn't a bad box at all with 4 EX's and one of them being FA.

I got:

Venuasur EX
Venusaur EX FA
Skarmory EX FA
Yveltal EX
7 holos (good ones: Delphox, Aromatise, Slurpuff)

A bit sad that I only got 11 holos/EXes :/ But my main hope was to get at least 3 EXes that was not Emolga and I guess 2 full arts are pretty nice. Its just that I pulled a Yveltal EX from 4 loose packs before the box, and I had already pre-ordered a Venusaur EX FA from Ebay xD

Back