XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I lost a Roggenrola to a Combee in a BW2 Nuzlocke

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I made a lot of stupid mistakes when I just started playing. The most stupid ones were replacing good strong moves with status moves. I never used them after realizing they didn't do any damage, but I didn't know beforehand. I also wasn't aware of the type effectiveness, and often repeated moves that were not very effective or did not affect the foe at all. I remember thinking that it happened randomly, rather than being based on types.

xD

Its not really an "in game" thing but when I was a kid I dunked my special Pikachu and Pichu Gameboy Color down the toilet (then claimed I dropped it down there) so that my mum would buy me a Gameboy advance. I LOVED that special Gameboy :( ..

Oh and I did get my gameboy advance xD .. To this day every time I look at a toilet I have flashbacks of that special Pikachu and Pichu gameboy
(I don't have flashbacks haha but I was a silly sausage as a kid!)

As a 7 year old on Blue, I used my first Master Ball on some random wild Pokémon, not knowing about Mewtwo or the legendary birds at the time.

Well, I didn't find the Master Ball in the Magma HQ, and it seems many others had the same problem. Latios was a major bitch to catch.

I also have misplaced my Pearl, which had all the pokemon from my Ruby Version, my first and only game where I completed the regional pokedex.

I was playing my FireRed version for the first time, and had just beaten Misty, and I saved. I then played for hours and hours, and was in the middle of the gym battle against Koga when my mother grounded me, shut my Gameboy SP, and wouldn't give it back to me to save.

When I had the Action Replay when I just started my Pokemon Diamond Version, Dawn showed me how to catch a Pokemon (I already knew how to do this thought). I forgot that I set it on One Hit Knock Out and x200 experience points.
So, when she used her Piplup to use a move, it Knocked out the Bidoof! Then (the horrific moment) it gained experience points and it leveled up to level 23. It wanted to learn a new move. She 'said' yes, and when it said Piplup already has four moves, it said 'Are you sure"? And she 'said' no. The same question appeared and she kept on saying yes and no. Yes and no.. so I had to turn it off and start again - without the Action Replay.

Dragon Tamer Rhaegar said:
Well, I didn't find the Master Ball in the Magma HQ, and it seems many others had the same problem. Latios was a major bitch to catch.

I also have misplaced my Pearl, which had all the pokemon from my Ruby Version, my first and only game where I completed the regional pokedex.

I was playing my FireRed version for the first time, and had just beaten Misty, and I saved. I then played for hours and hours, and was in the middle of the gym battle against Koga when my mother grounded me, shut my Gameboy SP, and wouldn't give it back to me to save.

I once lost my Pokemon Pearl for one year. I still can't find it.

Spending hours soft resetting Ruby Version for a shiny Torchic.
Getting really tired and in the habit of soft resetting.
Get a shiny Torchic.
Accidentally soft reset because my hands were still on the buttons.

Using my Master Ball in Blue on a Poliwhirl. Nuff said.

I traded a pokemon holding a masterball to an NPC, just for the shits and giggles.

I caught a shiny Bibarel in Pearl, then deleted the save file. Then I caught a shiny Gastly and Pelipper in the same game...and deleted the file and gave the game away. I have no words.

I'm planning on hunting down all three of these shinies again...ONE DAY THEY WILL BE MINE!

It took me a while to remember...back in Blue version (when I didn't knew to speak or understand english) I had a Venusaur and, not knowing what it was, I spoke to the Daycare guy between Cerulean and Saffron and left there my Venusaur and thought that he was gone. Because I didn't know what the guy was saying and was to rash to try other options of dialogue, I simple started a new file.

On my very first run through my very first pokemon game (Gold), I got stuck in Ice Path, and decided there was no way I could get out. SO, I restarted my file. Only to realize that I probably had an Escape Rope in my bag...

I also restarted my FireRed version, only to realize later that it had the very first shiny pokemon I ever found (A blue Gastly in Lavender Town...)

Starting a new file on my Black version after my first play through and then after deleting the file I remembered I had caught a shiny Darumaka and evolved it to a Darmanitan on there and didn't transfer it to my White version. RIP awesome fire-type shiny.

Well, when I was pretty young, I encountered Groudon for the first time in my Ruby Version. I killed it by accident...

I caught Psyduck with a master ball in FireRed...

I restarted my black version that had over 300 hours to start a nuzlocke... only to quit after the fourth gym because of boredom.

I threw a Masterball at a trainer's Zangoose in Ruby. I thought it would just give the Masterball right back.. *sniff*

Plays Pokemon FireRed. Finds a green Chansey. Thinks it looks gross. Releases it.
WANTS ANOTHER SHINY CHANSEY.​

WolfNinja55 said:
Well, when I was pretty young, I encountered Groudon for the first time in my Ruby Version. I killed it by accident...

Now you know to save :D. At least I hope so...

Mine was back in the day on my Blue cart. I had an awesome file where I had caught every in game Pokemon you can get without trading, and a level 100 Pikachu, Zapdos, And Mewtwo I was really attached to that I actually trained because I didn't know about the missingno glitch.
Then I came across that danged notorious Mew under a pick up truck rumor and reset my file to obtain said Pokemon. Not only did it not get me Mew but I killed all of my beloved Pokemon for nothing. 11 year old me cried and cried after. lol

This is minor compared to some of these, but I used to have this really bad habit of using up TMs as soon as I got them just to see what the attack did. I think the dumbest one was giving Shadow Ball to Togepi in Gold. I tried it out a few times and concluded that the move itself was weak and useless, and I kept believing it was weak and useless well into the third generation.

Back