XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

RE: What is the dumbest/ most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

Oh man, this is rough.
On a Diamond run through, I caught a shiny Ponyta. But I forgot to save after wards.
I was EV training an Eevee to evolve into Umbreon. The timer on my DS was set incorrectly and it evolved into Espeon. And I didn't have the patience to reset and re-battle 50+ Patrats and Basculin.
Misclicked on pokemon showdown, Bullet Seed when I meant for Mach Punch. Cost me the match. (Not sure if this counts as VG but it was competitive VG so...)
And everyone's favorite, always hitting crits on pokemon I want to catch. (Ho-oh...)
Edit: Also, I lost my White version, which contained all my events, shinies, GBA era pokemon ect. It still makes me sad. :(
And then there's the time that I used my Master Ball in FR to catch a Fearow. I still got Mewtwo in an Ultra Ball though, thanks to Snorlax and his Yawn.

RE: What is the dumbest/ most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

Restarted my HeartGold Nuzlocke (I had all my Pokemon killed) but I had _forgotten_ that I captured a Shiny Bellsprout (caught it but didn't use it for the Nuzlocke for obvious reasons). Definitely the absolute stupidest move that I made so I lost it to digital heaven (literally lol). >_>

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Restarted my HeartGold Nuzlocke (I had all my Pokemon killed) but I had _forgotten_ that I captured a Shiny Bellsprout (caught it but didn't use it for the Nuzlocke for obvious reasons). Definitely the absolute stupidest move that I made so I lost it to digital heaven (literally lol). >_>

dmaster out.

I teared up for a bit there.

I really, really regret trading away my event Mew that I waited 3 hours in line for..... And worst of all I traded it for a Cradily!

Brave Vesperia said:
I really, really regret trading away my event Mew that I waited 3 hours in line for.... And worst of all I traded it for a Cradily!

...why

As for me, I lost my copy of Diamond, which had at least 160 hours of play time on it. It contained various shinies, events, and other Pokemon I've had for years.

FML OTL

Starboard Driger said:
Brave Vesperia said:
I really, really regret trading away my event Mew that I waited 3 hours in line for.... And worst of all I traded it for a Cradily!

...why

As for me, I lost my copy of Diamond, which had at least 160 hours of play time on it. It contained various shinies, events, and other Pokemon I've had for years.

FML OTL

Because my dad's friend was living with us and his grandchildren came to visit, and the boy (I forgot his name) kept begging, and begging, and begging me to trade him my Mew. And he did this for 3 days until I caved in! (younger me was also dumber me)

Starboard Driger said:
Brave Vesperia said:

...why

FML OTL

The same happened to me except it was my Soul Silver. I had 200 hours of play time and my whole VGC team on it. I had a backup for it on my action replay, from when I had like 40 hours on it and hadn't transferred my events from my Diamond.

frezgle said:
Worst thing I've ever done? Get greedy and try to clone my first shiny, a Linoone that I raised to level 100. Ended up doing it wrong so she was gone instead. RIP, Rusty. :c

I did the same with my event Mew. I think I might have a clone of it on Diamond or something, but yeah, totally lost the original. :(

Brave Vesperia said:
Starboard Driger said:
...why

FML OTL

Because my dad's friend was living with us and his grandchildren came to visit, and the boy (I forgot his name) kept begging, and begging, and begging me to trade him my Mew. And he did this for 3 days until I caved in! (younger me was also dumber me)

Ooh, yeah, I did that with my Emerald Rayquaza. He was basically just a random kid at school who justified it by saying I still have my Sapphire Rayquaza. Yeah...

Brave Vesperia said:
The one that Toys R Us was giving away back in 2007?
I got that.
I didn't have to wait in line at all.
I just went up to the counter and hooked up my GBASP to theirs, and got it.
Then I got caught later that day in Walmart for stealing.
I was like 11. No Olive Garden with Granny that day.
On a side note, It's sitting on my White version.

You got caught at Walmart for stealing what?

Anyways, in Sapphire I loved that game so much that I played it an estimated 2000+ hours. The internal battery went dry :(:(:(

dmaster said:

dmaster out.

Exactly the same happened to me. I caught a Shiny Zubat in my SS Nuzlocke, lost and restarted the game. Completely forgot about Zubat. I realised just after I deleted the data as well :-(
I'm making sure that I trade my Shiny Graveler to HeartGold before (if I) restart Platinum.

For my dumbest thing, probably being young and foolish when I first got Platinum. I got the Master Ball, and whilst on the way to Spear Pillar, I encountered an Abomasnow. It wasn't Shiny, it didn't have a beneficial nature, or anything good.
I Master Ball'd it.
Whilst fighting Giratina, I ran out of Pokeballs. Again, me being young and foolish, I thought you needed to catch Giratina as part of the storyline - I had no idea you could just run away from it or KO it. I decided I needed to go back to the PokeMart and get more Pokeballs for it. I went all the way through Mt. Coronet again, did the Distortion World etc. I found out after I caught Giratina that it didn't need to be caught, and that I could've just KO'd or ran from it.
I was so mad with myself.

My biggest mistake was when I was 8, I sold my Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue game, with all my favorite and strong pokemon on it. o(╥﹏╥)o

Well... to name a few..

- Encountered a shiny Oddish on Silver (or Ruby I can't remember) and knocked it out thinking it was sick...
- I increased the levels of my team and spent a lot near Winona's Gym before I fell asleep, woke up and turned off the game... seconds later I remembered that I didn't save.
- Released my Vaporeon on Red... thought it was noble thing to do...
- Spent a lot of my Full Restores against Will then I was tossed around by Karen... in three diffirent runs.
- In Crystal, Suicine fainted... as well as Raikou... not Entei, I liked that one.

P.DelSlayer said:
dmaster said:

dmaster out.

Exactly the same happened to me. I caught a Shiny Zubat in my SS Nuzlocke, lost and restarted the game. Completely forgot about Zubat. I realised just after I deleted the data as well :-(
I'm making sure that I trade my Shiny Graveler to HeartGold before (if I) restart Platinum.

lol

It's funny because I've found a Shiny in two games after that one (both were future Nuzlocke attempts). Definitely didn't delete those. ;p It's not that big of a deal though. Bellsprout is able to be chained in D/P/Pt to my knowledge. Perhaps one day, I will write my wrong and chain three of them for satisfaction's sake.

dmaster out.

I've tried chaining and the Pokemon trolled me and the game glitched and it never worked. :(

I was nuzlockeing Platinum as well and I had just gotten over cycling road when I decided to put my DS to sleep and take a brake. When I picked it back up I instinctively pressed the power button forgetting it was asleep :/ The last time I had saved was after beating Roark so I lost everything after that.

For some insane sleep deprived reason I caught a Chimecho in Emerald with a Master ball.

I thought is GSC, when it asked if you wanted to save, it meant it would delete any progress you made and make a rough copy of it, so I just kept the game plugged-in the whole time. My brother once lost his Abra in Gold, so I was convinced it had to do with the in-game saving messing up.

I also used to think if you caught a shiny Pokémon and it evolved, it wouldn't be shiny anymore.

Gusto that is for TCG...

Once I caught a Cherubi and released it to give its "yummy berries" to the other wild Pokemon.
I wondered why the characters in Pokemon never got any sleep.
I thought Bianca was the character's annoying ex.

Pressed the power button, thinking I pressed the start button. (It was my first time holding a DSI..) I lost 4 hours of gameplay that day.. *Sniff*

I didn't know that Pokemon Centers healed PP points, so I kept teaching my Marshtomp random TMs, thinking that it's other moves were unusable.

Back