XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

RE: What is the dumbest thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I have two really stupid things.The first one,I killed Ho-oh on SoulSilver using my Mewtwo.I didn't save before then.The last time I saved was before getting my Mewtwo.I didn't want to restart because my Mewtwo took,like,5 Ultra Balls to catch.The second one was really stupid.I was training my Lampet on White,and in a double battle found two Dousion.One was shiny.I had Lampet kill the first one,then have my Movie14 Victini hit the spot where the non shiny was with V-create.I forgot that it switches to the living target.Then I had a freak attack when I found it again in the same patch of grass,same gender and everything two years later.

RE: What is the dumbest thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

For the past couple of hours, I have been hunting for shiny horde Pokémon on Route 16.
Just now, I encoutered a shiny Murkrow!! But I completely forgot that in X/Y, the move Struggle Bug has been changed to attack all enemies around the attacker. :(
This has been the first time that I have knocked out a shiny Pokémon. Hopefully I'll find another one, but for now, I'm going to go eat a ton of food to fill my depression. :p

EDIT: Shortly after, I encountered a shiny Foongus and caught it! Minutes after that, another shiny Murkrow in which I caught this time! My depression is now over. :p

I can now (non)proudly say that I've run away from 2 shinies on one day, a shiny Wingull & a shiny Cubchoo, both in hordes... :(
Luckily though I have caught 3 others (Stunky, Yanma & Slowpoke), and I already had both shiny Cubchoo and shiny Wingull :D

One time I was playing Crystal on emulator and I had frameskip on for fast leveling. Ran into a shiny Hoothoot. Killed by accident cuz frameskip responded to my button mashing too quick. Well I couldn't transfer him anyway... still still wanted him though.

Posting 2 stuff.

Pokémon Red: I used my Master Ball on a Diglett because I ran out of the few balls I had.

Pokémon Red was the first game that I own that had a manual save feature, so I was a little clueless about it and ended up defeating (not catching) Mewtwo, Zapdos and Moltres. I honestly had no idea you could save the game before battling the legendaries and if it fainted you could try again.

Worst thing ever done in a Pokémon game oh I got it.

FireRed just started and on route 3 training charmander and like 15 battles in I encounter a green mankey I knew about shinnies from emerald and was about to catch it when it flees I don't know what made it flee it was burned but I have never heard of a shiny mankey fleeing tho. I see it later after the game ends and what do I do use a lvl 5 charmander that I breaded scrapes it critical hit and cries.

I ended up getting two boxes full of Eevee eggs without realising that only Ditto can be used to help male Eevees pass Anticipation down to their offspring.

And it looks like I'm gonna be stuck with these eggs for many hours now.

A classic but still a very regrettable mistake I'm sure we've all done...shut off the game without saving...ugh

Also I killed a shiny Ditto in the Friend Safari :(

CF1994 said:
I ended up getting two boxes full of Eevee eggs without realising that only Ditto can be used to help male Eevees pass Anticipation down to their offspring.

Actually I think both parents can pass it on regularly as well in generation 6. If you breed a male Eevee with its hidden ability with a female Eevee without it, it can still pass it on. I did hear females are more likely to pass it on, however.

Drohn said:
CF1994 said:

Actually I think both parents can pass it on regularly as well in generation 6. If you breed a male Eevee with its hidden ability with a female Eevee without it, it can still pass it on. I did hear females are more likely to pass it on, however.

Actually, no. Males can only pass down with Ditto, percentage ratios:

Female W/HA + Ditto or Compatible Male: 60% of offspring will inherit HA.
Male W/HA + Ditto only: 20% of offspring will inherit HA.

Happy breeding

Back