XY The Dumbest Thing You Did in Pokémon Games?

RE: What is the dumbest/ most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I was multi-tasking. Super Rodding for Dratini/Dragonair in the Safair Zone in LeafGreen while watching something on TV. I was really just listening to the cries of the pokemon and only looking down once in a while. Heard the cry of a Seaking, hit "run", looked down and saw that it was shiny >.<

RE: What is the dumbest/ most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

During my first play through of Black the first Darumaka I saw ended up being shiny. Caught it. After I beat the game I wanted to restart, but completely forgot I had a shiny Darumaka in my box.

When I had Yellow it took me about a month to defeat Brock. (I was 5)

I reseted my Pokémon Platinum with the box full of Event Pokémon, Legendaries, Ubers, and my Snorlax from HeartGold

Well, when i started playing Diamond, the Starly on the first battle (after we choose our starter) was shiny...

Back in Pokémon Emerald, i used to think that the Escape Rope was for catching Pokémon...

Re: What is the dumbest/ most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

While playing Pokémon Red as a kid, I was at the Power Plant and I thought I was stuck there because the Pokémon that knew surf had fainted. Almost reset the game but realised just before. xD Lucky escape!

Diamond was my first game (Don't laugh, I got interested later than most!!!), I didn't really understand what the master ball was and how you only got it once...so I wasted it on a snover :(

Using Slash with my lvl 98 Blaziken on Latias (I was trying to catch it lol).
Bumping into the same trainer 5 times with only 1 Pokemon (was breeding).
Clicking wrong button on a gym leader match costing me the loose.

I put some of my Pokémon in the Daycare in Sapphire to make them stronger. I then spent all my money on medicine at the Pokémart. I used all my items and lost against Wattson. I was itemless and broke and I couldn't afford to pay the ransom to the Daycare lady :'(

Playing my Pokémon Blue for about two years, and not figuring out that I needed the Tea to proceed in the game. I was five years old, and barely knew English.

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

I ran into a Shiny Ponyta in Silver version and had to make it faint because I didn't have any kind of PokeBalls in my bag. Always keep those handy, folks.

I eventually lost my Silver version when I was in middle school. Probably the Pokemon game I had worked the hardest on. I did end up getting Crystal, but it wasn't quite the same without a lot of my Pokemon I had traded from RBY.

RE: What is the dumbest / most mindless thing that you have done in a Pokémon game (VG) that you really regret doing?

When I was little, I would go to school after my brother. One day he let me play his Sapphire so that I could help him find Latios (or was it Latias). Well I did and right before he got on his bus I asked him if he wanted me to catch it. He said yeah, but make sure that it is a boy. This is when the mistakes come in. I had no idea that Latios and Latias ran. Also, I didn't know how to tell if it was a boy. My brother told me if the arrow was pointing down then it was a girl. Me and my 7-ish year old self assumed that the arrow he was talking about was the one in the bottom right of the text box. So I assumed it was a girl and tried to fight it. And as I stated before it ran. And it was a shiny. And it took days to find.

That's all I got for now but I'll be back later because I dun goofed plenty of times.

Actually haven't made all too many serious mistakes in any Pokémon games, oddly enough. I'm usually pretty derp when it comes to video games, so this is kind of surprising.

I guess the worst thing that happened to me... When I was going through my storage stuff, I found my old GB colour and with my copy of Yellow inside. I turned it on, mostly because I wanted to see what younger me had nicknamed my Pokémon; I had very few memories of playing the game. Then I saw that the game was saved right at the very beginning; I hadn't even gotten my starter. At some point I must have decided to restart the game, but got bored before I even got far enough to visit Professor Oak. *sigh*

Back in the original red/blue days I not only took advantage of Missingno but thought the Pelican game-hacking accessories were just tons of fun. I used them to just give myself whatever pokemon I felt like with whatever ridiculous moves, like a Kakuna with transform and a ditto with the attributes of a Muk.

Fun at the time, but the data became a complete mess and it never even occurred to me that it would be totally cheating if I played against someone else. I thought as long as I kept their stats within reason, it was just innocent "personalization."

Never did play against anyone else, though.

Tried to damage a Mewtwo when I had a Master Ball in my bag. Got a critical hit and killed it. The horrible part was that it was a shiny Mewtwo.....

Hegafire0 said:
Tried to damage a Mewtwo when I had a Master Ball in my bag. Got a critical hit and killed it. The horrible part was that it was a shiny Mewtwo....

I would legit cry. No joke.

Let's see... I restarted Platinum with a shiny Magcargo in it. I restarted White with a Munna with Pokérus in it. :(

Pokerus isn't THAT hard to find.

SheNinja said:
Pokerus isn't THAT hard to find.

Online sure, since you can spread it to anyone, but just finding it? It's way harder to find than a shiny.

Dumbest thing I ever did was I forgot to charge my DS while I was playing Pokemon Ruby. I didn't want to use my Master Ball on Groudon, and I forgot to buy a lot of balls, so I had to use 10 Great and Ultra balls, 1 repeater ball, and 1 Timer ball to catch Groudon. I caught him on my last pokeball, and while I was walking out my DS died. Needless to say I flipped out.

I also deleted my first pokemon ruby game that almost completed the art gallery and made to to 120 battles or so in the battle tower. Still have that Blaziken though thankfully.

AdamLambert said:
Hegafire0 said:
Tried to damage a Mewtwo when I had a Master Ball in my bag. Got a critical hit and killed it. The horrible part was that it was a shiny Mewtwo....

I would legit cry. No joke.

Let's see... I restarted Platinum with a shiny Magcargo in it. I restarted White with a Munna with Pokérus in it. :(

I did cry. It was horrible.

Pokerus isn't more rare than Shininess lol

SheNinja said:
Pokerus isn't more rare than Shininess lol

"Pokérus has a 3 in 65,536 chance of being generated on a Pokémon, either wild or bred. Through battling or capturing this wild Pokémon, players could get this helpful virus onto their own Pokémon, and subsequently spread it around. Due to the overwhelmingly low chance of encountering the virus (about 1/3 of the chance to encounter a Shiny Pokémon), and the fact that most would not even recognize a Pokémon with the virus and may flee from it, many players would never have a Pokémon with the virus."
Thx Bulbapedia

I've found several shinies in my lifetime and only contracted PokeRus on my own once. d:

I faced an Accelgor/Vileplume deck, and it was top 2 at either a Cities or a Battle Roads. She had sent out her Vileplume due to it's 120 hp, and I had a Mewtwo with three energy and one prize left. I had remarked beforehand that I could OHKO anything on her field, including the Psychic weak Vileplume, but because she was rushing me, literally the next turn, I forgot about the weakness and tried (and failed) Klinklang's Gear Grind. I lost an entire tournament because of my dumb misplay.

tableflip.gif

Back