Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Is it just me, or is Villager looking really broken? That projectile grab basically wins against anything but closerangers, and his attacks look really good too.

Some Loser said:
I think the Wii Fit trainer and Samus are the only two who have had their final smashes revealed (not sure if Flame Blast was Mega Man's final smash). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Flame Blast was his Down Smash. Not a Special nor his Final Smash.

Puff-Sun said:
Is it just me, or is Villager looking really broken? That projectile grab basically wins against anything but closerangers, and his attacks look really good too.

Doesn't seem any more "broken" than Game and Watch's bucket or anyone with a reflective shield.

Omg Villager. <333

And I like the Wii Fit Trainer lol.

I guess I will get the 3DS version, my first SSB game.

Puff-Sun said:
I don't wanna call Mayor broken. It seems similar to G&W's Down B in the sense that it doesn't actually do anything until you take in something. Characters with Reflectors like Fox have to time it to hit their foe with the projectile in that fashion, but it can also be used as an actual attack.
Kind of balances itself out, really.

I just wonder how the cutting-down-a-tree attack is going to work...if it stays in place, it seems like, combined with the projectile grab, a way to say "Yeah, you're not coming over here".

FTNO6F9.jpg

Better Wii Fit trainer than a Mii, lol.

Personally, I think that was a really bold gimmicky decision, but I must say I'm very excited to see how it turns out.

Now we play the character guessing game.

I just hope Sonic, Mewtwo (and Lucario) reappear as playable characters, (and maybe Gardevoir too as a newcomer, she still has a shot to make the roster, basically anyone could be in or out at this moment, all we do is wait and see).

Rusty Sticks said:

I lol'd hard.

Mega Man was super obvious in my opinion. I will definitely main villager when this comes out, and wii fit trainer too just to piss people off.

I remember when melee came out and I irritated everyone with Mr G&W, and then in Brawl with Olimar...Now it's going to be Villager using lol moves and people dying of embarrassment from being KO'd by ridiculous Wii Fit Trainer (whose lack of emotion + thumbs up also made me lol).

BTW, is it just me or is Wii Fit Trainer's double jump ridiculously large?

I also really hope they fix the online system for Smash Bros, Brawl's online was a widespread disaster.

Villager is my day one main, so I don't really care too much about characters.

Okay yes I do. Not in terms of who I want IN, but how I want them to BE. If Sonic gets back in I want him to actually have some speed in his moves. If Snake is he better be toned down in power -- Same for Meta Knight. Diddy Kong needs to be less annoying... And Luigi/Falco could still use some more differentiation between Mario/Fox... Just off the top of my head.

Honestly, I don't think the character list needs too much more. It's just not plausible to balance a 50+ Character roster; though I'm not competitive, things like Meta Knight are pretty obviously broken. That may not have been the case if the roster was just a bit smaller and more focused.

Let's see, we had 35 characters in Brawl...and they had over 4 years to mull things over for the next Smash Bros (As usual Sakurai spouts nonsense, anybody remember when he vowed not to touch another Smash Bros game? Yeah that didn't work out).

I would assume this next installment would have at least 48 characters or else it will be pretty bland. I mean what can they add? We know we will get an adventure mode, cross platforming, etc...but without new characters and stages it's just masturbation (seinfeld ref haha)

I don't want to be THAT guy but I'd still really love to see Geno in Smash Bros. Even as an assist trophy, or even Mallow - I wish that SMRPG would get some representation; it didn't get any music, stages, stickers, or trophies in Brawl which I find pretty ridiculous considering it's popularity and that it had a VC release.

Mega Man.

My body is so ready.

I'm loving the 3DS version's graphics a lot. I just hope that with Namco involved, we don't end up with a tragically balanced game, tripping, and bad online like we did with Brawl.

f4gXUc2.jpg

Too bad Mega Man's suit doesn't change color like in the NES games whenever he changes through weapons he got from Dr. Wily's robots. This at least makes up for U.S. box art Mega Man as a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken due to Keiji Inafune's departure from Capcom.

Card Slinger J said:
This at least makes up for U.S. box art Mega Man as a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken due to Keiji Inafune's departure from Capcom.
"Makes up for"? I actually thought that was quite a hilarious move.

SotS said:
though I'm not competitive, things like Meta Knight are pretty obviously broken

I would like to point out that thanks to the 3DS and Wii U, games can be patched and updated whenever Nintendo needs to.

Case in point: the infamous game breaker in Skyward Sword. If you encountered said issue, you would have to send your game file/entire Wii to Nintendo to fix (for free at least).

Thanks to the internet being used a lot in these two game systems, games can periodically be updated to fix any game breaking bugs or mechanics.

As time goes on I'm getting more and more scared that the games will be called Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Hopefully it's not, it deserves a better name than that, but it'll be a good game regardless. But if that's the name, it really is a lack of any kind of creativity.

if you ask me, these 2 versions should be named something like...

Super Smash Bros. Revolution and Super Smash Bros. Uprising

Idk. Revolution for it being the first portable version, and Uprising for it being on something people said would fail horribly.

Also, I hope they have 2 cameo characters per non-Nintendo series games. I'd love to be able to have Sonic and Tails or something... Another thing i'd love to see is some customization for some characters.

Examples: Choose what armor Samus appears in, what Pokemon of a certain selection Pokemon Trainer uses (since all characters are coming over), what suit Mario is in, and what design Sonic is in (SA2, Riders, etc)
Kinda like what they did with Wario.

So help me god, if Professor Layton isn't a playable character, I will personally throw Sakurai into the deepest darkest trench and doom him to a life of endless suffering. Or write Nintendo an angry email. Probably the latter.

Silly twist! Professor Layton isn't recognized enough to be in the game!
Regardless, I'm wondering why Sakuri said that a lot of people were requesting WFT to be in the game. Like, out of all the people you can pick, and you the most unexpected. WHY?!?

Haunted Water said:
Regardless, I'm wondering why Sakuri said that a lot of people were requesting WFT to be in the game. Like, out of all the people you can pick, and you the most unexpected. WHY?!?

Advertising new Wii Fit U.

Also, compare this to Marth and Ness. Ness was in the original SSB, and a large number of players had no idea who he was. Him being in all games since is positive feedback, enough for fans to convince Nintendo to bring the Earthbound series back to 'MURICA.

Same situation with Marth. Marth and Roy were unheard of before Melee. Massive reception to the two (especially Marth) convinced Nintendo to reintroduce the Fire Emblem series to those outside of Japan. Obviously with the newest addition to the series, the plan seems to have worked out.

Back