Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

RE: Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Flys Gone 2071 said:
they might as well add Shadow but Shadow could be similar to Sonic.

That hasn't stopped them before. See also: Wolf, Falco, Luigi, Young Link, Toon Link, Lucas... Honestly, if they release only a single other Sonic character my guess would be Shadow. However, there seems like a good chance no new Sonic characters will be in the game because Nintendo would rather promote its own series than Sega's.

Dark Void said:
That hasn't stopped them before. See also: Wolf, Falco, Luigi, Young Link, Toon Link, Lucas... Honestly, if they release only a single other Sonic character my guess would be Shadow. However, there seems like a good chance no new Sonic characters will be in the game because Nintendo would rather promote its own series than Sega's.

I think it's possible that Nintendo would at least leave Sonic in this one because of their partnership, but I don't think they'll add any more.

And if they do make Shadow playable, I'd like to see them give him a different moveset taking advantage of his chaos powers (Chaos Control, Chaos Blast, Chaos Spear, etc.).

I really would like to see a revamped poke floats stage. I loved that stage on melee, and it's pretty nostalgic for me. As far as characters go, i'd really like to see zero over megaman ( sorry :p ) as well as maybe another mario villain, but one less known, like cackletta or fawful or something ( i'm a huge fanboy of the mario RPG's )

If they add a single character from a franchise, its more or less guaranteed that the character will be the franchise's mascot. The only way Zero would get into SSB4 is if he's in it with Megaman imo.

Dark Void said:
If they add a single character from a franchise, its more or less guaranteed that the character will be the franchise's mascot. The only way Zero would get into SSB4 is if he's in it with Megaman imo.
Zero got into Marvel VS Capcom 3 while MegaMan didn't. Different game with different standards for what characters get in, but same idea, no?

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can't be used as a viable argument here. Nintendo didn't really have a stake in that.

If X or Zero were put in the game in place of Rock, I'd be VERY surprised.

Haunted Water said:
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can't be used as a viable argument here. Nintendo didn't really have a stake in that.
Hence the latter part of my statement...I wasn't even trying to contribute anything to any side >_>

If a character has more moves that would be better suited to the style of game, that is definitely a legitimate argument to include one character but not the other. In Zero's case it didn't even matter because his fanbase is out of this world.

Megaman would be a great fit for SSB and I would probably main him if he were included.

Also guys, consider how rad the stage builder could be if they added it. IMAGINE.

I'm just interested in what mechanical changes they make this time around. They added tripping and removed wavedashing in the last installment; there's no telling what these maniacs do next.

ANIMAL CROSSING VILLAGER CONFIRMED
MEGA MAN CONFIRMED
2014 CONFIRMED
CROSS PLATFORM CONFIRMED

THE HYYYYYYPE

After everything in the ND. I think Megaman appearing in SSB4 is the best. <3

I literally was so happy to see we can be an Animal Crossing villager now. The new levels looked great!

MEGA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Get hype.

I like the Pokemon-y approach they took to get SSB working well on 3DS. Cool stuff.

SK39yE7.gif

Hey guys, I heard the Villager from Animal Crossing was coming to SSB. Sounds cool.

Back