SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
Are the A rarity cards alternates this time? (I'm kind of getting antsy for reprints)

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Flawed logic; this actually makes stall a lot better.
It really doesn't

Stall's main strategy is to win by deck out usually by letting their opponent draw their entire deck into their hand. Playing a card that would shuffle your opponent's hand back into the deck is opposite of what stall wants

Not only that but still decks are very susceptible to hand disruption as they rely on slowing building up their hand of resources to be able to react to their opponents' deck (and do so with slow cards like Lusamine and Steven's Resolve). As it is Let Loose Marshadow is already the bane of stall decks so having another popular hand disruption card in the meta would bed even more bad news

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Well, the Gen 5ers got their wish.
Unfeazant looks interesting.
Haxorus looks STELLAR. If you can get past the Stage 2 liability (quite an easy task with A9T), for 3 energy, a Choice Band, and Devoured Field, you’re hitting 160. Another Energy yields 200 damage. This is a weird card, but I’m sure it’ll turn out okay. On a 1 prize, too...
As always, the League Promo reprints look tip-top.

jinjitsu

Aspiring Trainer
Unfezant has a fun synergy with the triple Colorless energy. Because the Energy is shuffled back into the deck it doesn't get discarded and can be reused. So 90 damage for a single attachment with disruption on a stage 2? Still not good but maybe some weird stall deck makes it work.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, quite a few Gen 5 Pokémon made it to this set. I'm now suspicious that maybe a Gen 5 set was going to be made, but they cancelled it and spread the cards around in other sets. Though we've yet to see the Gen 5 starters.

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
Was gonna say what if people use Unfezant with triple boost energy to ruin setup and keeping the energy as its shuffled in

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
The first atk on Latias is an ERROR in printing. Because doing damage to the selective target doesn't usually printed the number on it. It leads people to confusion. I am referring to the 20x on the card. Compare like Alolan Exeggutor GX which does dmg to the bench for each energy.... same thing as Latias but applicable to itself. Same thing as Tapu Fini-GX. Spread atks don't put the dmg on the card.

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
This is a set where missing pairs are found. Escavalier without Accelgor and Latias without Latios.
  • Karrablast/Escavalier - Nah. The huge caviat in the 1st atk makes it a huge caviat to victory. 2/2-3
  • Magmar/Magmortar - We have stuff like Welder to make Fire decks better. This one doesn't caught my interest. Meh. 3/3
  • Heatran-GX - A one-of in some Fire decks. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure - Yes. This could cheat evolutions because we have Dusk Stone, many uses will took the use of it. 2/3/3-4
  • Raichu & Alolan Raichu TTGX - 5 Geodudes. It's awesome.
  • Pikachu/Alolan Raichu - Not fine to stack energy on a 110 HP Pokemon. 3/3-4
  • Stunfisk - low base dmg, not lovin it. Using different enrgy, lovin it. 90 min for F is ok. Not impressed much. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Tornadus/Thundurus - most good atks uses C energy, good. Tornadus doing 80 and spread 20 for CCC is good nuts but still you don't hit for weakness and weak to Electropower sucks. Thundurus doing 70 for DCE is good because we have Electropower capping to 220 is good. Its alright. 3-4/3-4
  • Cubone/Alolan Marowak - You have no control on what dmg you can do with stuff like Hiker and Frosty Axe. 3/3
  • Drifloon/Drifblim - Nice option for TTGX decks especially these have high RC. 3/3-4
  • Munna/Musharna - another 2-turn stuff which annoys me a lot. What if you'll stay asleep on the next turn. Even if you use switch out using Escape Rope, the effect will be nullified. Unless we have ways to prevent sleep. 3/2
  • Giratina - Not as good as Kartana but a good option. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Gible/Gabite/Garchomp - Use stuff like Black Belt, Fighting Dojo, and some like Mismagius and FBL Gible and Gabite, you can do 260 for one energy. 2/2/5
  • Riolu/Lucario - I love that the ability stacks but are you dedicate space for it? 3/3-4
  • Meloetta - We can do better. 3 Geodudes
  • Meditite/Medicham - Mismagius and Black Belt can do 120 for one F nrg, that was before Diancie and Dojo pushes to 210 and KO Zoroark (ignore the weakness). 3/3-4
  • Z10 - Zygarde decks arise. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Hoopa - weaker than Weavile. Weavile do up to 300 this up to 130, meh! 3 Geodudes
  • Mawile-GX - I will protest if we won't get Sableye-GX in the nxt set. Anyways, this card is unimpressive. 3 Geodudes
  • Giratina & Garchomp TTGX - Even with Black Belt, the GX atk is hard to feed the extra effect because F nrg is hard to accelerate nowadays. 4 Geodudes
  • Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus - MORE UNOVA!!! The ability and Zinnia can do 210 dmg min. Although Zinnia needs a sacced Vulpix to activate which is sucks. Haxorus can be grabbed with Lance, same condition as Zinnia. That was before damage modifier activates. 3/3/4
  • Latias - Snipe a stacked Lele for just 1 nrg. TBH, few people stack their energy on a Tapu Lele. This also good on TTGX because it needs more energy to use their GX atk. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Kangaskhan - I only see this card work is a Porygon-Z deck that plays 7 TTGX. Other than that, eh?! 3-4 Geodudes
  • Bidoof/Bibarel - Amnesia for TBE is good. Not hitting for weakness, bad. 3-3
  • Munchlax - Stall some love. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Pidove/Tranquill/Unfezant - the trashness of the card is same as the trashness of the particular Pokemon. 2/2/2
  • Tag Switch - good to preserve nrg on the field. 4 Geodudes
  • Giant Furnace - a must in Fire decks and good Welder combo. 5 Geodudes
  • Reset Stamp - one-sided N. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Black Belt - nice! 4 Geodudes
  • Grimsley - perfect for manipulating KOs just like ROS Absol does. Still no Liepard tho. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Coach Trainer - perfect for TTGX decks if they want pure draw. 4 Geodudes
  • TR cards - Don't expect them to be reprinted in the set proper.
Not to mention Magmortar without Electivire and Alolan Raichu without Raichu.

Kind of disappointed at just one baby Pokémon, but at least it's one that's been forgotten for a while.

Interesting fact: while Munchlax only had four English cards, he had 12 Japanese releases, mainly as promotional cards. Even more interesting, many of these promotional cards were released during the EX series, even though Munchlax is a Gen 4 Pokémon.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
TR. Its T-something Rare right? True Rare? Team Rare? Transparent Rare? It's Transparent Rare isn't it? Anyways, if the escape Rope and Nest Ball won't be released as alternate art reprints over here; then we might not lose them in the next rotation. Which i believe will be Ultra Prism and on for Standard. And Might be BW Boundaries Crossed and up for Expanded; which i highly doubt it won't be. It's just there's not a lot of people i know who use a lot of the cards in BW Below Boundaries crossed. Except for Zoroark, Sableye, Dark Patch and Super Rod. In my honest and humble opinion, i don't think expanded format would change that much if the rotation does become Boundaries Crossed and up for expanded. Anyways, i can see potential for some of these cards.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
They changed Haxorus' Energy types!! It used to be Metal-Fighting, now it's been converted to Metal-Fire.

I wonder why they're intent on changing so many Dragons' Energy types -- they changed Dragonite's too.

(Side note: is it embarrassing I have TCG Energy type combos for all the Dragon Pokemon memorized...)

CheEmmanuel

Aspiring Trainer
Reset stamp is the new staple for disruption decks, N only for opponent and it’s an item so doesn’t disrupt your hand or use your supporter card! Puts a lot of emphasis on the draw support Pokemon, so this will be great in Glaceon decks to frustrate Zoroak GX. Great card and great options with it, late game changer

ICEdaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
It was out of rotation for quite a few years. It was printed first in Base Set (1999) and didn't reappear until Heart Gold Soul Silver (2010). But has been around pretty much ever since.

It's been 20 years, has DCE ever not been in a rotation?

boyishgoodlooks

Aspiring Trainer
I think Giratina Garchomp tagteam isgoing to be strong. I think people are focusing too much on the extra effect of the gx attack. Discarding one of you opponents Pokemon is pretty good, and swing for 240 is pretty good too. Viridian forest makes is pretty easy to find a fighting energy and accelerate with Malamar.