SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Mar 5, 2019.

1. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

Oh, now I feel incredibly stupid.

ShaQuL likes this.

2. AshCo I gotta spruce this place up for the GAAAEEEEMS
    AshCo

Hope we get Bonsly and Mantyke too. Mantyke hasn't gotten a card in 12 years (and only one English card ever).

OVERGRO likes this.
  3. Blob55 Aspiring Trainer
    Blob55

We should get Pichu this set too.

4. Alex Sableye Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
    Alex Sableye

I know right

5. Pokenerd Aspiring Trainer
    Pokenerd

All these new Pokemon... Are not new Pokemon. Giratina is a non GX kartana. Hoopa is weavile but worse... By a lot. Munchlax is a bad oranguru. It's like copying your homework from last year and making it worse.

ICEdaddy likes this.
  6. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

The first Munchlax card since the DP era. I'm so pleased that they're currently being treated as stand-alone Pokémon (but only because they have no Weakness, no Resistance, but even better, no Retreat Cost), though I personally would release a Trainer card that would allow Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mine Jr., Happiny, Munchlax and Mantyke to evolve into Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan/Hitmontop, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Marill, Wobbuffet, Roselia, Chimecho, Sudowoodo, Mr. Mime, Chansey, Snorlax and Mantine, respectively.

7. Jj13isawesome Loves PokeBeach
    Jj13isawesome

Are they realeasing this set in English

ScrawnyMeowth1 likes this.
  8. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Probably gets combined with Miracle Twin and Sky Legend for our August set.

9. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

I mean honestly they could as damn easily have the condition to allow them to evolve into basic mons, there's plenty of text box left for the condition given how they only have one "attack". This is just outright laziness on TPCi part.

Also for the people that think that this can be used by a stall deck, stall decks specifically go out of their way benching vulnerable mons for more than one turn other than Oddish, why? Because Guzma is an ever present threat, and a Guzma + Tag Bolt Gx play means something important on your end is getting killed, probably the Vileplume plus Munchlax.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  10. ScrawnyMeowth1 The Maker of Pokemon Lists
    ScrawnyMeowth1

All the cards from this set will be released in our as-of-yet unnamed August set.

11. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Here is the unblurred image of Drifblim.
    [​IMG]

12. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

The blurred pictures was such a weird move, why didn't they just reveal the Raichu Tag Team first since they did shortly afterward anyway? lol

13. NoaWithoutaH i don't like bananas
    NoaWithoutaH

I give this boi a fat ehhh

14. ICEdaddy Aspiring Trainer
    ICEdaddy

Advanced Member Member

Good to have babies back. They just need some support to have any remote chance of playability. At least the HGSS ones had occasional playability as minor attackers (Tyrogue)/stall (when asleep) or actually as reasonable starters (Cleffa).

It was fun in a tournament back in the day to ask your opponent to please not attack my active Cleffa. "You wouldn't attack a baby, would you?" Never worked, though...

bbb888 likes this.
  15. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

This should have been a non-GX Mawile card

Wechselbalg likes this.
  16. Blinkehyo Aspiring Trainer
    Blinkehyo

Hoopa can ohko a dawn wings for 1 energy
    munchlax is a must have in stall decks
    and Giratina is another e hammer.
    Finally the meta gets more meta

17. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

Man, it would be so cool if they released Baby Pokemon support so that they can become a deck on their own. #BabyToolbox

Ex: A stadium that gives them all the Tails-you-miss ability, a Tool card that grants them an OP attack, etc.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  18. Wechselbalg Mr. Ros
    Wechselbalg

Yeah, as a non-GX, Mawile would actually be pretty decent, both as a tech for its ability and as an attacker.

19. JumpluffTCG Aspiring Trainer
    JumpluffTCG

Advanced Member Member

I really like Hoopa as a way to tech against Giratina LOT. In order for a Malamar player to stream Giratinas, they would need at least 2 Malamars which means Hoopa is doing (10 + 20 + 20 + 20) x 2 = 140 for knock out. And you’re resistant to psychic too. Say you’re playing a Fighting deck in standard but you have no good options for Giratina. This Hoopa may be one of the best Giratina answers in our format.

20. Joldilocks Aspiring Trainer
    Joldilocks

News Staff Member

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?