SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Hope we get Bonsly and Mantyke too. Mantyke hasn't gotten a card in 12 years (and only one English card ever).

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
We have baby Zoroark, baby Buzzwole, baby Sceptile, baby Charizard....
We also have baby Cleffa and baby Tyrogue from the previous Japanese set...

And now we have baby Munchlax!

THIS IS THE ERA OF BABIES!!!!!
We should get Pichu this set too.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
All these new Pokemon... Are not new Pokemon. Giratina is a non GX kartana. Hoopa is weavile but worse... By a lot. Munchlax is a bad oranguru. It's like copying your homework from last year and making it worse.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
The first Munchlax card since the DP era. I'm so pleased that they're currently being treated as stand-alone Pokémon (but only because they have no Weakness, no Resistance, but even better, no Retreat Cost), though I personally would release a Trainer card that would allow Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mine Jr., Happiny, Munchlax and Mantyke to evolve into Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan/Hitmontop, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Marill, Wobbuffet, Roselia, Chimecho, Sudowoodo, Mr. Mime, Chansey, Snorlax and Mantine, respectively.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I mean honestly they could as damn easily have the condition to allow them to evolve into basic mons, there's plenty of text box left for the condition given how they only have one "attack". This is just outright laziness on TPCi part.

Also for the people that think that this can be used by a stall deck, stall decks specifically go out of their way benching vulnerable mons for more than one turn other than Oddish, why? Because Guzma is an ever present threat, and a Guzma + Tag Bolt Gx play means something important on your end is getting killed, probably the Vileplume plus Munchlax.

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Here is the unblurred image of Drifblim.
DrifblimGGEnd15.jpg

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
The blurred pictures was such a weird move, why didn't they just reveal the Raichu Tag Team first since they did shortly afterward anyway? lol

ICEdaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Good to have babies back. They just need some support to have any remote chance of playability. At least the HGSS ones had occasional playability as minor attackers (Tyrogue)/stall (when asleep) or actually as reasonable starters (Cleffa).

It was fun in a tournament back in the day to ask your opponent to please not attack my active Cleffa. "You wouldn't attack a baby, would you?" Never worked, though...

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
Hoopa can ohko a dawn wings for 1 energy
munchlax is a must have in stall decks
and Giratina is another e hammer.
Finally the meta gets more meta

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Man, it would be so cool if they released Baby Pokemon support so that they can become a deck on their own. #BabyToolbox

Ex: A stadium that gives them all the Tails-you-miss ability, a Tool card that grants them an OP attack, etc.

Last edited:

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
I really like Hoopa as a way to tech against Giratina LOT. In order for a Malamar player to stream Giratinas, they would need at least 2 Malamars which means Hoopa is doing (10 + 20 + 20 + 20) x 2 = 140 for knock out. And you’re resistant to psychic too. Say you’re playing a Fighting deck in standard but you have no good options for Giratina. This Hoopa may be one of the best Giratina answers in our format.