XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

Update, Shiny Boldore has shone for me. IT wasn't shuckle, but it's still a shiny. Unfortuantely, Synchronize has failed again to pass down the nature, as it was mild. I'm either getting incredibly unlucky here since it's only 'worked' once or Synchronize must not work on shinies for some reason. I'm not one to believe in extreme odds after something like this, either.

Someone told me that there was a rumour if you have perfect 6 IVs in one pokemon and breed it with another that has 5 (and the masuda method applying to one of them) you cannot actually breed for a shiny Pokemon. Is this true?

I highly doubt it. GF would not go out of their way to do something that stupid and that would make a ton of players mad.

My post yesterday was deleted, probably because I did not clarify the methods of reaching them etc.

As you all know I Soft Resetted for a Shiny Froakie. Now, this further allows me to believe that the shiny ratio in the game is 1/1000 for it took exactly 1,040 Soft Resets before I came to my shiny froakie. Later on I decided to test this theory by using the Masuda Method and hatching myself a shiny. Since the new speculated ratio is 1/1000 that means Masuda would cut that further down 5 times to 1/200 Eggs, as everyone seems to be sharing the same view in these new ratios. 325 eggs later I had a shiny Honedge. Further testing with a Pokemon I desired, gastly. Used Masuda and it took 25 eggs. I had tried to hatch around 300 eggs of Klefki before aiding a friend with his safari to tell him what he contained, which was a shiny Corsola. Now, I have no clue if the Masuda Method and hatching could increase the overall potential for finding a shiny Pokemon or if it the idea that Friend Safari Pokemon are easier to find shiny, but there was the Corsola.

These methods have lead me to believe that it is highly possible that the ratio is in fact 1/1000. Then we have another factor come into play. After extensive research I've found out certain Pokemon seem to have a static ratio for shiny than others, Klefki being one of these. I'm testing the theory out to the max by Masuda Methoding Klefki, which so far has reached over 650 eggs and no shiny. If my research proves conclusive then it should take me another 400 eggs to have a shiny Klefki. I'll let you all know the results once they have arrived.

Are shinies more common in the friend safari? I'm pretty disappointed you can't use the pokeradar in there.

They seem to be far easier to find in the Friend Safari.

EDIT: After 696 Eggs a Shiny Klefki has emerged. While Masuda Method in XY is speculated to be 1/200, and the data I have researched on Klefki before, this is pretty close to what I have envisioned. I honestly want to test one more shiny that seems to pop up very rarely, but with my brain fried from constant breeding for days, I'll have to leave that up to later.

I read somewhere on Gamefaqs that it was confirmed that the Masuda Method is now like 600ish... I read that off my smart phone so don't have the link to provide...

But I'm going to take back my statement of tipping for hatching eggs...

It was a mere coincidence that when I tipped Phil the Photo guy that the 36th egg that hatched immediately after the tip turned out to be shiny.

Since this was so easy I wanted to try the blue flower version. I'm at 350+ eggs and tipped over 30,000$.

...although due to IV breeding I have switched up multiple parents as opposed to the beginning when it was just the Japanese Ditto and a normal Flabebe.

This has gone through...

Ditto JPN #1, Ditto JPN #2, Marill #1 JPN, Marill #2 JPN, Pikachu JPN, Breloom JPN and finally the last dad with decent IVs, Korean Pichu which evolved into a Pikachu (cause Pichu isn't in the Fairy egg group).

It took that many Dads to pass down the right IVs...

Now it took... 6 Flabebe's till I finally had the outstanding mom with 5 perfect IVs.

That's 13 parents that had to swap around. (That is one messed up family tree). I've filled up around 12 boxes by now so that's about 360 eggs... 0 shiny.

I'm getting so bored of this but got this far and don't really want to stop until I hit about 1,200... then I'll give up.

Has anyone had sucess with 5 IVs to turn up shiny? So far it's just a regular Friend Safari Ditto from JPN that people have been using and just took the IVs for what it is, but I'm starting to think that because of the IVs getting passed down my chances for a shiny is slim.

Or I'm just unlucky and the IV's getting passed down have nothing to do with the Masuda Method and shiny %.

MrSquarepants said:
Or I'm just unlucky and the IV's getting passed down have nothing to do with the Masuda Method and shiny %.
I am pretty sure this is the case. They don't seem to be related as far as I can tell.

Were shinies supposed to be easier found in hordes? 'Cause I think I read/heard it someplace before, but the only shinies I've found so far were three through chain fishing (Relicanth, Poliwhirl and Remoraid) and six through the Friend Safari (Piloswine, Dedenne, Aipom, Magmar, Braixen and Panpour)

steffenka said:
Were shinies supposed to be easier found in hordes? 'Cause I think I read/heard it someplace before, but the only shinies I've found so far were three through chain fishing (Relicanth, Poliwhirl and Remoraid) and six through the Friend Safari (Piloswine, Dedenne, Aipom, Magmar, Braixen and Panpour)
The only reason shinies seem easier to find in hoards is that you get 5 chances at a shiny each time rather than 1

Umm MetalPharoah... if the chance to find a shiny is for example 1:1000, it will not mean that it will take you about 1000 eggs to find a shiny at all. You could just as well find the first shiny from your first or your millionth egg. It rather means that if you hatch a near unlimited amount of eggs, and then divide this near unlimited amout of eggs with the amount of shinies you have hatched, it will be about one shiny for 1000 eggs. (You can NEVER say "it should take me about 300 more eggs to find a shiny". Ever.) When we are talking about a single case like yours (or a few cases), the amount of eggs it took you is uninteresting. A single case will literally tell us nothing. At all.

And there is no way I believe that different Pokémon have different shiny rates.

Just to add to the speculation...it's very possible that the shiny charm is still a reward for completing the national pokedex, since no one has been able to complete the national dex because Pokemon Bank is not out. When it does come out, and people are able to complete the national dex, do you all think there's a possibility of the return of the shiny charm? Food for thought.

1382360951709.png

Can anyone shed light on this? Does this mean they are not locked?

Here is a in battle image

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 47

Tatertot said:
Just to add to the speculation...it's very possible that the shiny charm is still a reward for completing the national pokedex, since no one has been able to complete the national dex because Pokemon Bank is not out. When it does come out, and people are able to complete the national dex, do you all think there's a possibility of the return of the shiny charm? Food for thought.
With the radar, fish chaining and the overall increased chances, there is no need for the Shiny Charm. The hacker probably would have found it by now. To me it felt like a B2W2 exclusive to begin with, anyway.

EpicIce2012 said:

I've seen the images before (it was a few weeks ago I believe), and so far they're the only images that suggest Yveltal/Xerneas have a chance of being shiny as well. (Excluding that very Photoshopped-looking red Xerneas image.) However, with those being the only images going around and with so many people playing the games, I find it hard to believe no one else has managed to reset for a shiny Yveltal / Xerneas. There are definitely people trying, but from what I've seen no one else has been able to do it. Perhaps I've missed something, though.
---

@The possibility of Shiny Charm returning - I agree with Teal. With the new, easier methods to find shiny Pokémon (I was able to catch six shiny Pokémon in the span of a few hours with Chain Fishing alone), I doubt they'd bring back something to make it even easier. Would I be upset if they brought it back? No, but it would be pretty odd for them to do so I think.

I haven't had much luck finding shinies in the wild so far, seeing as I haven't gotten access to the Friend Safari yet, but I've been tipping everyone I can (Amulet Coin works absolute wonders). Even if just for the placebo effect, I'll probably continue to do so.

SoulWind said:
MrSquarepants said:
I am pretty sure this is the case. They don't seem to be related as far as I can tell.

Good but I think for future egg hatching I'm gonna stick stick with just one one foreign parent and forget about IVs.. too much work...

after that exhaustion I messed around with Friend Safari to see if I was lucky. 4 encounters and I get a male shiny Spritzee... =_=

I then spent 5 hours on two systems trying to get a shiny Frogadier or Kirlia. Nothing. Stupid luck mechanics!

On a side note my bro's game has HORRIBLE luck with shinies. Only one encounter and that was chain fishing.

Later I tried tipping 10,000 on both games and hunted for an hour on both. Nothing. When others have gotten them in minutes after tipping.

if they are more common they certainly dont like me and they definitely hate my brother's game.

But I will admit that with higher rates this makes for no cheating devices... cause I'm guilty of several hacked shinies in Gen V. Oh how I'll miss my bits of untransferable data.

RE: Shiny Pokémon Mechanics in X / Y

after I tipped phil the photo guy I went into the friend safari and after about 10-15 pokemon i ran into a shiny Pumpkaboo, so happy. I'm still trying to figure out what tipping does but I'm 80% sure it increases the shiny rate ever so slightly

Xous said:
EpicIce2012 said:

---

@The possibility of Shiny Charm returning - I agree with Teal. With the new, easier methods to find shiny Pokémon (I was able to catch six shiny Pokémon in the span of a few hours with Chain Fishing alone), I doubt they'd bring back something to make it even easier. Would I be upset if they brought it back? No, but it would be pretty odd for them to do so I think.

Personally, having hatched over 800 Froakie eggs, only to be trolled by 2 shiny Froakie without Protean, I seriously hope the Charm returns. With no RNG abuse this time around, I need an easier way to get the few X/Y shinies I want (with IVs that are usable). Right now as we speak, my male foreign Froakie is nearing the end of its breeding cycle at Lv. 75... so now Im scrambling to get the Oval Charm just so I can pump eggs to hatch out even faster before he maxes out.

Speaking of Oval Charm though, wasnt that a B/W2 exclusive as well? Or am I mistaken? If they brought that bad boy back, I see no reason not to have the Shiny Charm too. Plus, what better reward for completing all 721 entries in the dex than to get charm that will pump out shinies faster right? Im about 400+ of the way there now, so hopefully it does make a come back or I might just never catch'em all again (this is actually my first time btw- been playing since R/B too lol).

RE: Shiny Pokémon Mechanics in X / Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReojB6nvEb0

Heres a helpful vid on getting shinys :)

Back