XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

Yeah you're probably right. Still interested in trying to tip 30k. I recently been tipping the Furfrou in the cafe cyclone. If I can't find even 1 in 600 REs this theory bears no fruit.

Yea, the theory was a bust. Tipped 30k, hunted for a shiny Binacle/Barbaracle.

45 rocks (actual Pokémon encounters, not counting item smashes or blanks) 0
908 random encounters in Friend Safari overall before shiny Barabaracle appeared. After starting up game and entering a different safari, it appeared in 8 encounters. I don't think tipping affects shiny odds but sadly no way for me to tell.

I've read that tipping people would increase your style in Lumiose City. I think this makes much more sense than it affecting your shiny encounter rate. There are no official sources for this, however, as far as I know.

Drohn said:
I've read that tipping people would increase your style in Lumiose City. I think this makes much more sense than it affecting your shiny encounter rate. There are no official sources for this, however, as far as I know.

It does, also buying items such as PokéBalls, Evo Stones ect... also talking to the girl of the press increases it. Also givin style to your Furfrou, making PR videos. I saw a photo of that in another thread.

It only helps you to:

1. Decrease by 50% the cost of Taxi Travels.
  2. Decrease the cost of the Mega Stones of the other Pokémon that you didn't choose (Bulbasaur,Charmeleon and Squirtle.)
  3. Decrease the final cost of sth when you buy them.
  4. Let you enter I think to the special clothes shopp.
I think only on these.

Back