XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

I can't chain on the 2DS or regular 3DS, I easily miss the decoy patches and they are very very aggravating. If you're in a flower patch it's not too hard but in regular grass it's really easy to miss...

MrSquarepants said:
I can't chain on the 2DS or regular 3DS, I easily miss the decoy patches and they are very very aggravating. If you're in a flower patch it's not too hard but in regular grass it's really easy to miss...

D*mn
But, flower patch is easier?? Thank, I'll try it first :3.

lovandra said:
All this discussion make me want to shiny hunt myself.

Any advice where to start for newbie? I started hunt last night and I can't differ the shaking at all.... All look same -.-. Best chain only 10.

Also, how slow/fast usually u can you get shiny using Matsuda Method? My Rotom×Ditto give me eggs every 15 minutes *I think I break them*, but after 2 boxes, still no shiny.

Thank you for anyone mind to answering. I usually just play following the story line, but story line here kinda short and I'm still excited while waiting for pokebank/celebi :3.

Masuda can be sucky. Trying to get a shiny venipede, never got it and hatched 2000 eggs in BW2 maybe it will be better in XY but it's bad. Also if you want a specific nature don't shiny hunt because it is near impossible unless you RNG.

Btw has anyone cracked the RNG for XY

Re: RE: Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

Off topic but related.

Make me curious, what happened if I do breeding with both pokemon hold destiny knot?

If I use Matsuda Method while both parent hold destiny knot, it will be easier for the child to be perfect IV shiny?

Well, I don't care about IV and nature since I'm never be competitive player, just curious.

Nothing is truly hack-proof. While it is possible they may crack it sometime in the future, that doesn't guarantee that it will be worth it or easy to implement *remembers the insane frame advancement of FR/LG*

A tip for all chainers, watch them decoy patches, they are really hard to see... even in this video I can't notice it and I feel bad for this guy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUNoun7jjyM

lovandra said:
Off topic but related.

Make me curious, what happened if I do breeding with both pokemon hold destiny knot?

If I use Matsuda Method while both parent hold destiny knot, it will be easier for the child to be perfect IV shiny?

Well, I don't care about IV and nature since I'm never be competitive player, just curious.

No, the destiny knots do not stack.

Hey guys, you may want to check this out.

I have encountered a shiny Kecleon my first encounter in a safari. Has anybody else gotten a pokemon this way?

I thought it was just coincidence that when I found a shiny in a friend safari it was within the first 10 or so encounters.

Nope it seems some safaris have a higher shiny rate within the first 5-15

IgnisMagister said:

I have encountered a shiny Kecleon my first encounter in a safari. Has anybody else gotten a pokemon this way?

This is pure coincidence. You can ask if someone got it on their first or 9000th try, there will always be people who say yes.

For me however, it took me almost 1000 encounters to get a shiny golurk in FS and closer to 2500+ for Charmeleon and maybe 150 for Manetric.

Reggie McGigas said:
IgnisMagister said:

This is pure coincidence. You can ask if someone got it on their first or 9000th try, there will always be people who say yes.

For me however, it took me almost 1000 encounters to get a shiny golurk in FS and closer to 2500+ for Charmeleon and maybe 150 for Manetric.

No offense, but that isn't what I was trying to point out. They said that every hour a safari has a shiny rate in which you will find a shiny in about the first 3 encounters. They said to keep changing safaris about every three encounters to see if you get a shiny. This guy has soft reset (without saving) after he found a shiny. He ran into the same shiny again after he did before he he reset the game...

Hi. I`m not hunting with PokéRadar, but, I want to try it..So, I need to know what are good spots to do it? And which is the best: Flowers/Grass?

The best place for beginners would be Route 5 with that huge patch of Purple Flowers. Flowers are easier to see than grass cause they are a bit taller. You can chain Furfrou Abra Pancham Skiddo Smeargle Gulpin or Flabebe there.

Route 7 has decent grassy patches along with Route 16 near the Fishing Shack. Try using a Magnet Pull Pokemon and chain Klefkis.

Edit: I have to say... there must be some merit to this 1st hour of Friend Safari shinies or first 3 encounters anyway... I have gotten so many legit shinies from there, it isn't funny. Let me write down the shinies I have encountered since I started using it.

Noibat - 1st encounter! I was so blown away, I had just unlocked my friend's safari!
Spritzee - Trying to find Floette or Kirlia, found this instead within 300 encounters, although 120 at night before bed and then about 150 while riding the train to work and I had shut my game off in between.
Pawniard - 1st encounter! I was just looking for a Liepard to catch for the Pokedex!
Spritzee - 4 encounters. Tried my luck again for Floette and Kirlia. Nope. This time it was male.
Charmelon - ??? encounters. Was using a Male Cute Charmer for a female Braixen and got a female Charmeleon found this within an hour.
Braixen - 1st encounter! Surprised but slightly disappointed not finding Braixen I went into a new Safari with had an unknown 3rd just revealed and it was a female Braixen!! And this was 30 minutes right after Charmeleon!
Quilladin - ??? encounters. Within an hour. Tried to look for Oddish or Petilil but got him instead.
Duosion - ??? encounters. Found it within an hour looking for female Espurr using Cute Charm.
Gothorita - ??? encounters. I don't remember if I found this in the same safari as Duosion or how long it took. Luckily it was female and had Shadow Tag!
Abra - ??? encounters. Within an hour after Gothorita, changed Safari to a newly added one with Espurr to avoid a shiny Drowzee (Blech). I was about to use a Master Ball but relized Gothorita had Shadow Tag to prevent that sonuva b**** from teleporting. Super lucky! ...except Cute Charm was still active so it was female...
Espurr - ??? encounters. Found within 3-4 hours or more. Took forever and didn't think I would ever see it but kept persisting. She eventually showed herself and is the longest hunt I ever did. I almost hunted on a second 3DS to see if a shiny Espurr would pop up in the wild on Route 6 since a lucky guy found one in 3 encounters...
Metang- 50-60 encounters. Within an hour. Well I wanted to find a cool shiny for my brother since shinies didn't seem like they were popping up in my game anymore and I wanted to see if he would get lucky in Y. My brother's game doesn't hand me shinies out like my X so I had bad feeling but I wanted to give it a try anyway. I was amazed how fast it took to find this shiny. Also: the 3rd Pokemon is not unlocked.
Garbodor - 6-10 encounters. Just exploring a new safari during the age of Instacheck and this popped up! He had his hidden ability too! But. I didn't save sooooooo... when I accidently released a shiny Skiddo I just chained I had to make a choice... risk the soft reset and hoped I had saved or lose the skiddo I wasted so much time on. I reset and no more shiny Garbodor...
Tyrogue - 1st encounter. Tried to find that shiny Garbodor I just lost but after an hour I gave up and went to explore the next Safari to see who was the 3rd Pokemon that was just unlocked. WHAAAAT. You give me a Tyrogue when I wanted Garbodor back? Oh well, it was still really cool. I evolved it into a Hitontop but it looked gross, and then Hitmonchan but that was even worse and finally Hitmonlee which is sort of cool, but it wont ever get used since it's... Modest.
Teddiursa - 30-50 encounters. Within 40m to an hour. After the fall of Instacheck, I wanted to thank Ninox for checking the SVs for my eggs and allowing to get Carbink, Binacle and Honedge. I wanted to repay the favor with a shiny she wanted. However Teddiursa was not popping up in my X and the one I bought on eBay (yea I decided to spend money on a shiny...) wasn't ever gonna get sent I turned up the pace and started hunting on 2 3DS for a shiny Teddiursa. Although in X it seemed like it was never gonna get the shiny Teddy bear when I least expected it, it popped up my brother's game. Guess his game isn't that unlucky. Afterwards though I never saw another shiny for a couple of weeks.
Helioptile - 6 encounters. Well bummed out and after a drought of no shinies for weeks and no sign of Garbodor ever returning I was thinking that it was time that my luck finally ran out. I started chaining again and after a successful Drifloon I went to the safari to see what Electric type was revealed. Within 6 encounters I found a shiny Helioptile. Could my luck be returning?!
Oddish - ??? encounters. Within 2 hours. Wanting to test my luck again I went to a grass safari to get that shiny Petilil I wanted so bad. Got him instead. Wanted a female and Cute Charm failed. But I turned him into a Vileplume.
Oddish - ??? encounters. Within 20 minutes after the last shiny Oddish in the same Safari! Another popped up! And it was female! Happily turned her into a Bellossom.
Shelgon - 5-10 encounters. Was just messing around and did not expect to see a shiny so soon and this was in Kaiser's safari!
Garbodor - 1st encounter! Finally reclaimed him after adding multiple Poison safaris and switching between each safari within 30m to an hour so this went on for a couple of weeks as I was exploring every new Poison Safari and I spent at least 2-3 hours hunting a day. I finally found him on the first encounter. Too bad he didn't have his hidden ability but it's not like I was gonna use him anyway.
Fraxure - 1st encounter. Wow. I was training my Pokemon to evolve for the Pokedex and I said to myself "yo you should train in the friend Safari even though it will be slow, you might find a shiny!" Although... about 8 hours altogether within 3 days I didn't find any shiny. But I hit traffic on the way to work and parked in a garage and took the T and pulled out my game. 1st encounter was a shiny Fraxure. In Kaiser's Safari again. WOW.

Ahem... sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to be as insightful as possile for anyone trying to research the ratio of Friend Safari Shinies.

As of right now I have encountered about 21 shinies from the Safari. The only 1/4096 full odds shinies I have are Klefki and Beedrill. Most of them took less than 30 encounters but there were a few that took persistance.

Sometimes within an hour I will soft reset the game. Sometimes I switch safaris within an hour. Sometimes I just start up the game and it just gives me a shiny. I hope this was helpful despite my blabbering and excitement from finding these shinies.

Bumping this thread to test a new theory. What... by tipping 1,000 it adds another percent to your shiny odds?

For example... if you tipped 3,000$ you odds with a shiny charm 1/1366 would drop to 1/340ish.

I'm just absolutely curious if I'm onto something here! Of course it may have been dumb luck that I stumbled upon that shiny Pumpkaboo within that number but now I must try if I were to tip 30,000$... would I see a shiny within 45 encounters? Gonna try this in every route to see if this holds fruit. But tipping 30,000$ is gonna be annoying...

MrSquarepants said:
Bumping this thread to test a new theory. What... by tipping 1,000 it adds another percent to your shiny odds?

For example... if you tipped 3,000$ you odds with a shiny charm 1/1366 would drop to 1/340ish.

I'm just absolutely curious if I'm onto something here! Of course it may have been dumb luck that I stumbled upon that shiny Pumpkaboo within that number but now I must try if I were to tip 30,000$... would I see a shiny within 45 encounters? Gonna try this in every route to see if this holds fruit. But tipping 30,000$ is gonna be annoying...

Well there's a guy, Idk where, that tells you a bad story and you can tip him everytime, I spent my money, I only have 58 $... I have to get money, and if I beat the League I will have to watch the credits and... that's boring man.

Testing that theory is highly unreliable without disassembling the game's code. Remember that you are NOT guaranteed a shiny within a certain number of encounters for any odds (except for perfect odds [100% shiny rate]). Think of it this way: while not likely, you could potentially flip a coin 1000 times and get heads (in place of 'not shiny' for this example) every time even though the chances are 50:50 for tails. Each encounter has e3xactly the same odds and we have no way of knowing (without memory dumping, which involves physically modifying the 3DS) what the generated values are for each encounter that isn't shiny. Lets just let the people who are currently working on decompiling the game figure it out whenever they can.

Note: I'm not saying coming up with theories like this are bad/wrong. I'm just saying this one is not possible at this time to test to the point of any validly supported conclusion.

Back