XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

100+ hours, 0 shinies... How are you people so lucky? I've been breeding, tipping, chaining, hunting at the safari, and nothing....

Just caught a shiny Qwilfish via fish chaining.

That's 4. In. One. Week.

Booyah.

I caught a shiny Relicanth earlier :D That was only the second shiny I ever got besides gyarados

Decided to try Chain Fishing last night...

10 minutes.
Shiny Clawitzer.
Sp. Attack raising Nature.
I've died and gone to heaven.

EDIT: Here's a picture http://instagram.com/p/fyyp28PhS2/

Momaster12 said:
100+ hours, 0 shinies... How are you people so lucky? I've been breeding, tipping, chaining, hunting at the safari, and nothing....

Just stick at it. There was a point where I fished for like 4 hours with no shinies. The next day I fished for 2 hours and found 3.

Just caught my second shiny through fish chaining--a Corsola!

My chain went to 105 before I got it, though. Persistence is key!

lol I got a shiny gyarados in safari, felt trolled but end up finally trading it off for a shiny Clauncher which looks like dr. Zoidberg. XD And got a Espurr from a safarai as well. I haven't tried tipping yet, but it sounds like it it mainly works dramatically well if you're hunting in safari.

Masudo method 2k Honedge eggs with no shiny Honedge, I also tipped half the tippable people the max of 1k and had nothing in the safari after 4 hours. Playing X.

Caught a shiny Tangela (don't really want it), and my pride and joy: a shiny Ivysaur (who's now a Venusaur/Mega Venasaur) in the friend safari. Does tipping really help shinies appear more often? If it does, shiny Quilladin here I come!!

I haven't found a single shiny :( I've at least caught pokerus...

Well, Kinda broke my promise. I was hunting some galvantulas for my friend in an electric safari (he wants a sticky webber) and after just a few encounters I found a shiny Pikachu. Wasn't even looking for a shiny either. Just good IV'd and natured Galvantulas. It should be worth noting that I had been grinding my shiny larvesta to evolve via the restaurants and I tipped the highest amount both times I did them. So yeah, I'm starting to think there may be a connection. I could just be really, really lucky.

It's silly that, that has an impact really. I'd like to know how GF's mind work.

I used the fishing method to catch a shiny Relicanth, Gyarados, and Alomomola in 2 days. Other than those, no shinies from the Safari or anything and since the beginning of the game I have tipped every NPC that asked for one, at least $100.

Ok, so now I'm p***ed off. I found a shiny Zangoose in a horde battle with 4 Seviper... And all of the Seviper attacked it before I could catch it. WHY?! WHY SEVIPER? WHY COULD YOU NOT LET YOUR ENEMY LIVE JUST THIS ONCE!!!

Rob234111 said:
Ok, so now I'm p***ed off. I found a shiny Zangoose in a horde battle with 4 Seviper... And all of the Seviper attacked it before I could catch it. WHY?! WHY SEVIPER? WHY COULD YOU NOT LET YOUR ENEMY LIVE JUST THIS ONCE!!!

Oh gosh, that is pretty darn brutal. That my friend takes the cake for worst shiny encounter experience this thread. I am sorry, so very, very sorry.

I can kind of relate. The first shiny I ever saw in the wild in any game was a shiny graveler. It self-destructed.

Momaster12 said:

I know me 2. :(... But i'm going to test the the "tipping method". I have never really tipped anyone so lets see. If i catch a shiny today ill post it on here and probably confirm that it works or helps at least. Btw i got a safair of gabite, shelgon, and that gooy pokemon... So any shiny from them will be nice :D

I shiny chain fished 2 Clauncher yesterday.
1 after a chain of 3.
1 after a chain of 50.

PS I've never tipped anyone.

PokemonTrader said:
I shiny chain fished 2 Clauncher yesterday.
1 after a chain of 3.
1 after a chain of 50.

PS I've never tipped anyone.
Lucky you, i keep getting horsea instead. I have 6 shiny horsea and no shiny clauncher >_<

For tipping it helps on and off. I went 2 days without finding anything in the safari. then i tried to tip the camera guy 1000, and found 2 shiny noibat soon after. But then didnt find any more shinies that day even after tipping. I'm trying again today to see if it makes any more show up.

That reminds me, where is everyone tipping and fishing? I was fishing in Route 8 (under the little rock bridge/cliff thing), and I'm not sure of the best place to tip.

Back