XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

Just got to the Friend Safari for the first time. Shiny Illumise in the second encounter.. GOD!
What in the world going on with the shiny rate in this place ?

scattered mind said:
Just got to the Friend Safari for the first time. Shiny Illumise in the second encounter.. GOD!
What in the world going on with the shiny rate in this place ?

What the... haha I was searching for about 4 hours for a shiny Gible and got nothing :D

Frezgle said:
Re: Consecutive fishing again:
It can be different Pokemon. Confused me too, being so used to the Radar. All that matters is that you don't move at all and that you don't fail to reel something in.

Ah, that makes things much easier!

I tried again, but I reeled in too fast on the 54th cast. ;A;

Ah! Thanks, people on this thread, for informing me of this :O

I was getting kind of bored of MMing for that sweet sweet delicious shiny Noibat, so I whipped out my rod, and got a shiny Skrelp after approximately 30-something consecutive encounters! I've still got my chain going strong, so I'm gonna see if I can get a shiny Horsea or another Skrelp before I manage to reel it in too slow or fast. :B

(fun fact: it's my first X/Y shiny too!)

EDIT: haha yeah I broke my chain. I guess it's time to go back to the Noibats.

Glad to see you guys are still getting lucky. I'm currently hunting a shiny in a steel safari, but so far after like 10 hours of hunting it's fruitless. Makes the possibility of a shiny ferrothorn and a shiny metang even cooler, though!

Update, after about an hour of searching today, I got a shiny klefki. Wish it was metang, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth here, especially since it has prankster.

Is this absolutely certain that shinies are more common?

I finally hatched a Shiny Bergmite!

For anyone interested, here's what it looks like, as well as its evolution:
20qmfsy.jpg

2lbez6b.jpg

Its best IV (31 Special Defense) is actually one of its worst base stats, so I won't bother EV Training it in that. It has an Adamant Nature and Attack is its second-best base stat (117), so I'll be EV Training it in that. The rest will probably go into its Defense (an awesome 184 base stat).

Hi guys, a quick update on my Shinies. Over the past 2 days I've found 4 shinies in the friend safari. A Nincada after a couple of hours, a Phantump after less than an hour, a Pansear in less than an hour... and the latest one is the most interesting. I added someone I know and noticed they had Larvesta in their Safari, so thought 'I must have one, I'll try for a shiny!'. After about an hour, I was pretty tired and gave up...

Later on, I decided to give it another go but first went to 5 or 6 photo spots and tipped the guy $1000 each time. I then went into the Safari and minutes in... a shiny Larvesta appears.

The question is is that mere coincidence or does tipping really boost the shiny encounter rate for a while? Either way, I am ecstatic! SHINY VOLCARONA!

Frost Mage said:
Is this absolutely certain that shinies are more common?

I dunno, I hatched a shiny zorua in ~90ish eggs, and the longest hunt I've had in the friend safari is more or less 11 hours worth (estimating about 2,000 encounters). I'd say, yeah, shinies are more common. Dunno about wild encounters, however, I haven't found one yet.

Pics of the following in shiny form
Gyrados, Mega Gyrados, Charmeleon, Charizard, Mega Charizard Y. I also have Manetric but I'm sick and too tired to take a pic then upload then post

3506088_orig.jpg

5389277_orig.jpg

7855409_orig.jpg

9156465_orig.jpg

3640213_orig.jpg

Stecune said:
Hi guys, a quick update on my Shinies. Over the past 2 days I've found 4 shinies in the friend safari. A Nincada after a couple of hours, a Phantump after less than an hour, a Pansear in less than an hour... and the latest one is the most interesting. I added someone I know and noticed they had Larvesta in their Safari, so thought 'I must have one, I'll try for a shiny!'. After about an hour, I was pretty tired and gave up...

Later on, I decided to give it another go but first went to 5 or 6 photo spots and tipped the guy $1000 each time. I then went into the Safari and minutes in... a shiny Larvesta appears.

The question is is that mere coincidence or does tipping really boost the shiny encounter rate for a while? Either way, I am ecstatic! SHINY VOLCARONA!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It took me over a month, and probably around 15,000 soft resets to get my shiny Volcarona in White, and for people to be getting shinies so easily, I'm not so sure I like this. It's not that I want to feel better than anyone else because I have a shiny and they don't, but the less rare they are, the less special they are...

I get what you mean... What I'm saying is by no means proven though. I've just spend 2.5 hours in Safari looking for a shiny forretress and nothing! Maybe the Larvesta was just blind luck and the tipping thing was a huge coincidence? Its hard to say at the minute. I'm just glad that I got a shiny Larvesta and not a Growlithe or Fletchinder, which were in the same Safari.

anyone got pics of shiny charizard X?

Well, I'd love the increased shiny rate if it affected me in any way at all but it hasn't. I did finally find one legitimate wild shiny in Y today, a gible. You know what the difference between a shiny garchomp and a regular garchomp is? THERE IS NONE. I have no luck. Meanwhile my sister has 21 shinies and caught her first shiny on X a week ago. Looks like she'll have a shiny mega ampharos :/ looks like I will have to get my shinies the way I always did, chaining. Hours and hours of chaining.

Anyways, congratulations, man/m'lady. I hope it turns out that the improved shiny rates are only when using these new techniques such as Super Rod chaining, Friend Safari, and maybe tipping if that turns out to be legit, leaving the rest of the Pokemon with the same odds of being shiny.

Don't know if it's been talked about or not but my sister heard a rumor that if you tip people the shiny chance.

Yeah, it's been going around. Like pretty much everything about shinies at this point, it could just be a bunch of coincidences.

Frost Mage said:
Yeah, it's been going around. Like pretty much everything about shinies at this point, it could just be a bunch of coincidences.

Ah ok. Whether it's a rumor or real I'm tipping whoever I can. o_O

Frost Mage said:

Don't mean to be a downer, but I really doubt chalking this seemingly overwhelming amount of evidence as coincidence seems unwarranted. Perhaps the tipping thing is coincidence (I tipped the largest amount pretty much every time I was prompted to, and I didn't find a shiny until a night after I started MMing after the main game), but I honestly doubt the friend safari things or the fishing stuff is just luck at this point. Speaking from my own experiences, I'm not entirely unlucky, but I'm not terribly lucky, either. So it just seems kind of weird to have 4 shinies before week 2 of 6th gen. That's just me, though.

I found a shiny Scraggy on my normal playthrough and a Pachirisu in the Safari. Since knowing about the fishing rod chaining I have caught a shiny Relicanth, Alomomola, Basculin and Poliwhirl. I've spent about 6 hours trying to get a Ninetales, Magmar or Charmeleon in the safari, but no luck. So, I tipped a few people, went back to the safari, and got a shiny Charmeleon in 5 minutes!! Maybe tipping does work?

Back