XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

Right now I think the ratio is fair. I've only encountered one shiny so far, but have played the game many hours already. I like how it gives more people a chance to use shiny Pokemon.

Well, just a few seconds ago while training a Hawlucha up for some egg move inheritance tests, I ran into a shiny Tauros. Once again, my knack for catching shinys that I'll never use prevails xD

He's Adamant to boot, so rather than let him sit in a box for all eternity, I think I'll make someone's day and pass him along via Wonder Trade.

Kitana Coldfire said:
He's Adamant to boot, so rather than let him sit in a box for all eternity, I think I'll make someone's day and pass him along via Wonder Trade.

Or...psst...trade him to me. ;)

Just got another shiny, #3. Luvdisc. Seems pointless at first, but my favorite shinies are the yellow/orange/gold ones, so it fits perfectly with my Growlithe and Throh.

I'm thinking tipping only affects the shiny rate of the Friend Safari and no other random encounters. Glad to see there is now proof that tipping affects the shiny rate, though. :D I'm glad shinies are easier to find!

CMP said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

Or...psst...trade him to me. ;)

Just got another shiny, #3. Luvdisc. Seems pointless at first, but my favorite shinies are the yellow/orange/gold ones, so it fits perfectly with my Growlithe and Throh.

Sorry hon, too late, he's already gone to a new home somewhere in Florida.

But I am about to start my permasave game in Y, and I'm actually going to try to complete the dex in this one. If I run into any other shinys I don't want (which I have an uncanny knack for, historically), I'll come here first.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/1378677_10202462392828207_2113310488_n.jpg

Not mine. A friend caught it. That being said, I want one.

So after 5 days of hunting (bad bad luck haha) I finally encountered a Magmar, but I don't want a Magmar :( hahaha
I really want my shiny Braixen lol, anyone wants to trade? :p

EDIT:

Soooo I was just walking, not hunting for anything and BAM!! Shiny Floatzel!!!!!!! :D Totally unexpected and she is sooooo beautiful and golden, I just love her :D
Aaaaand I also got pokerus? Should I be worried or happy? What's the deal with that, can someone explain me? I haven't made any trade or anything.

i now have a total of 6 shinys caught one in x a carbink one in y a magmar and 2 in white 2 or white cant remember which one they were piloswine now a lovely mamoswine and a shellmet also got the prize dratini and my last one is a chatot my first ever shiny ever which i met in diamond and pearl. could anyone confirm that if i trade him over to x once the poke banks out if he will be fine i heard sometimes there shinyness can be erased but idk if thats just for much older gens.

I have zero shinies so far. Done a little bit of tipping and Super Rod chaining, but nothing.

I'm worried that shinies are becoming so much less special. :(

Just got a shiny Skrelp through fish chaining. That's 4 total.

Get another one. A female shiny Sliggoo now! I'm so happy :D

No matter how less rare a shiny is, whenever you get one it's still special. I believe so.

VictorCohen said:
Soooo I was just walking, not hunting for anything and BAM!! Shiny Floatzel!!!!!!! :D Totally unexpected and she is sooooo beautiful and golden, I just love her :D
Aaaaand I also got pokerus? Should I be worried or happy? What's the deal with that, can someone explain me? I haven't made any trade or anything.
Seems like no one responded to you yet, so i'll explain to you.
First of all, Pokérus is a VERY rare thing, and it's AWESOME (At least until gen 6 came out).
You see, pokérus make the EV's of your pokémon go up faster, making the life of competitive players much more easy, but since Gen 6 came out, there is this new thing called "Super Training" and a Level 3 Super Training gives you 12 EVs on the training you did, and since you can only put 252 EV's in a single stat, i will take 21 times into the minigame to max out one stat.
That makes items to max out EVs and Pokérus kind of useless, but still, pokérus IS a rare thing, so get a low level pkm, put it in your party, so it can get pokérus, and then store it in your box so you dont ever lose the pokérus.
Ah, and relax, pokérus only doubles the EVs you get, your pokémons won't get weaker or something.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And just for this post don't be an OFF-TOPIC:

I made an almost perfect ditto shiny chaining, and at like 20-30 ditto encounters A *bad word* ZOROARK APPEARED (i hate my life)

Last night I caught a shiny Clawitzer. At this very moment I caught a shiny Gyarados.

That's 6.

I think they should be a little bit easier to find instead of a what 1/8000 chance

Niku said:
I think they should be a little bit easier to find instead of a what 1/8000 chance

Shiny encounters might not have those odds, anymore.

CMP said:
Niku said:

Shiny encounters might not have those odds, anymore.

In normal gameplay the same odds remain, however there are several methods to increase your odds of finding shinies. Chaining, fishing, and even tipping increase your odds.

I say tipping because of a rumor that was around not too long ago. Unless I am the luckiest guy in the world, after tipping your odds of finding a shiny dramatically increase. I went to a cafe to get one of the usual Pokedex entries, and tipped the guy 1000P. Immediately after I went to do some chain fishing. Just 4 hooks later, shiny Gyarados. Continuous fishing (after reading that a fish chain increases odds even if you find a shiny at one point), yielded me no other shinies, going so far as to 35 more hooks after the Gyarados.

Rusty Sticks said:
In normal gameplay the same odds remain, however there are several methods to increase your odds of finding shinies. Chaining, fishing, and even tipping increase your odds.

But the fact remains that throughout the course of the game you're given multiple opportunities to [easily] change the odds.

I tried tipping a couple of people then went into the safari zone (There is a zone with lampent and phantump) to see If I could get a shiny

No shinies in 2 hours so I'm pretty sure the tipping is just luck (or fake)

Well, what an awesome birthday shiny. I went and bought a 2DS today and used that friendcode to register it in the friend safari and it had Magneton and Metang in it! Not 30 minutes after getting home from work I see the beautiful monochrome Magneton shine on my screen. Quiet natured and had kinda bad IV's but I'm glad to have such a cool shiny. Probably not evolving it, though.

So last night I got...

lol jk the game hates me

Back