XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon Less Rare in X / Y

Keeper of Night said:
Spartansn1p3r said:
Yesterday I found a random shiny combee in the friend safari, I was clearing out my safari's to see what pokemon are in them and BAM! Shiny combee scared the s*** outta me, its male so soon ill have a shiny mothim!

Somebody sig that.

Male Combee don't evolve at all. It's male Burmy that evolve into Mothim. :p

Welp, there goes my luck, now I have an utterly useless shiny combee, I guess ill wonder trade it on Christmas :D, I do like the new chances of shinies popping up every now and then, that was my first shiny I wasn't even trying to get, now ill see if the Radar has more chance of finding a shiny.

Any experts on here who wants to give me tips on chaining in Santalune Forest? I was able to chain Route 7 for a shiny Flabebe, Route 5 for Skiddo and Route 16 for Phantump but this one is just unbearably difficult. Could be the patch I'm using. Could be that I'm used to flowers shaking and not grass, or I could just be unlucky. I've seen guys who do it without any issue so I can't figure out why I'm having a hard time after 3 successful chained shinies. Really want a shiny Scatterbug!

Try using a patch of grass that is small like a rectangle but big enough to chain. Also its dark there so have the brightness up all the way so you can see a little better.

Brightness up was the source of it. I could finally see the blasted decoy patches. However I still ran into time bomb patches... you know... the ones where you walk into, get a successful chain but once the battle ends (regardless whether you fainted or captured the pokemon) the chain ends. They occured mostly when I was on the corners of the patch (I was feeling cocky and risking it and although you may get lucky at first eventually it'll catch on and break your chain with the time bomb patch or a bad pokemon despite you following the 4 steps and matching shake rules.) After changing to a new patch of grass and following the 4 steps rules and avoided edges and corners I finally succeeded and got my shiny Scatterbug!

...however there were two very close calls as due to the tight width of the grass, I would get cornered very often and I try to go down and around to avoid bad patches but I would sometime run into one I didn't see! Luckily it did not break my chain... I spent like 2 days (well about 7 hours all together) with 16-20 broken chains of 20-39...

I am now hunting a shiny Goomy but I think I'll take a break from chaining and try to the repel trick...

I was MM breeding Delibirds and my 10th one was a shiny. I did this with Gastly and it was about my 15th egg that was a shiny. I tried it with Deerling and got no shinies out of 30. Eevee, no luck out of 60 eggs so far, but I'm still trying for one. I want my shiny Umbreon.

Just confirmed Shiny Charm is in X and Y. I am gonna work my butt off to catch them all! I'm all set on Legendaries! ...unless Meloetta doesn't go through, it was obtained through GTS proxy server manipulation.

But it only works on wild Pokemon, so the 1 in 4,000 goes down to 1 in 1,365 which was the Masuda Method ratio in BW2!!!

I am SOOO excited for that, I don't care if I get shinies a lot quicker, I am gonna hunt like hell to get that Goomy, Amaura and several other Kalos region Pokemon shiny. Shiny hunters who have been hunting since the 8,192 ratios will be very angry though. :S Cause they lose their novelty or something...

I dunno, 1 in a 1,000 still feels like a very special Pokemon to me.

MrSquarepants said:
Just confirmed Shiny Charm is in X and Y. I am gonna work my butt off to catch them all! I'm all set on Legendaries! ...unless Meloetta doesn't go through, it was obtained through GTS proxy server manipulation.

But it only works on wild Pokemon, so the 1 in 4,000 goes down to 1 in 1,365 which was the Masuda Method ratio in BW2!!!

I am SOOO excited for that, I don't care if I get shinies a lot quicker, I am gonna hunt like hell to get that Goomy, Amaura and several other Kalos region Pokemon shiny. Shiny hunters who have been hunting since the 8,192 ratios will be very angry though. :S Cause they lose their novelty or something...

Could you point me in the general direction of where it says SC only works on wild Pokemon?

EDIT: Nevermind found it. Wow, how disappointing it was changed in X/Y....

Is it possible to get a shiny legendary legitemently in Pokemon X/Y at the moment? Will Mewtwo, Yveltal, etc. ever be shiny?

marsbar said:
Is it possible to get a shiny legendary legitemently in Pokemon X/Y at the moment? Will Mewtwo, Yveltal, etc. ever be shiny?

As far as I've seen, no. It looks as if there is a shiny lock in place, at least on Yveltal and Xerneus, and I haven't noticed any pics of shiny Zygarde or Mewtwo from Kalos floating around either. I could be wrong about Zygarde and Mewtwo though.

NoDice said:
MrSquarepants said:

Could you point me in the general direction of where it says SC only works on wild Pokemon?

Maybe cause the Masuda Method currently does bring it to a 1/680 something chance? Not confirmed though.

But now you can have an easier hunting in friend safaris!

MrSquarepants said:
NoDice said:

Maybe cause the Masuda Method currently does bring it to a 1/680 something chance? Not confirmed though.

Has anything been confirmed of yet on the friend safari, it could just be everyone's a bit more dedicated and well with it being a smaller area lower amount of Pokemon it just seems easier because of that maybe. i don't honestly know iv caught over 20 shinys now so it probably is higher but we have nothing confirmed have we.

Mystreon said:
MrSquarepants said:

Has anything been confirmed of yet on the friend safari, it could just be everyone's a bit more dedicated and well with it being a smaller area lower amount of Pokemon it just seems easier because of that maybe. i don't honestly know iv caught over 20 shinys now so it probably is higher but we have nothing confirmed have we.
I don't think anything has been confirmed yet, but seeing as how you catch Pokémon in the friend safari through wild encounters, I'd say the shiny charm will work in the friend safari!

Half of my non chain fished shinies are from friend safari. It's very likely that Safari has a higher shiny chance

Yea I really doubt my 10 safari shinies are from 1 in 4000 ish (according to Serebii thats the new rate :s ) I caught those all within a month. Cant say for sure if tipping affected it as for 3 weeks I have gotten nothing... but I'm amped to get the charm and reclaim my shiny Garbodor.

MrSquarepants said:
NoDice said:

Yeah, I just wish it lowered the egg rate even more. Without RNGing, it takes about 8 hours per shiny (doing it my consistent way), and more often than not, they only end up with 4 IVs flawless(my poor Honedge -_-). Personally, Id rather have Shiny Pokemon with flawless IVs that can battle a bit better rather than Pokemon with X in all stats except 2 flawless (3 if youre lucky).

RE: Shiny Pokémon: Less Rare and More Special

King Xerneas said:
Everyone wants shinies! Why not make them at least more obtainable that way we don't have to trade a level 9 and under zekrom to get one...

Yeah, the GTS traders are unrealistic in what they are asking for *sighs at the idiots in the GTS*

At least I do reasonable offers but for me it seems shinies are harder to find as I am doing the Masuda method with a japanese froakie and a korean ditto, no shiny yet.

RE: Shiny Pokémon: Less Rare and More Special

Raptor9229 said:
King Xerneas said:
Everyone wants shinies! Why not make them at least more obtainable that way we don't have to trade a level 9 and under zekrom to get one...

Yeah, the GTS traders are unrealistic in what they are asking for *sighs at the idiots in the GTS*

At least I do reasonable offers but for me it seems shinies are harder to find as I am doing the Masuda method with a japanese froakie and a korean ditto, no shiny yet.
its not hard to get shinys anymore ill probably get told off for saying this its not to the topic but i jut wanna say i ave over 20 now its not hard really anymore aslong you have time and dedication just run around in the freind safari

ShinyVincent said:
So, how long does it take to get a Shiny in FS? And, do you need to defeat or run?

There is no set time it takes to find a shiny Pokémon, even in the friend safari, all shinies are determined through random encounters. And since they're randomly determined, it doesn't matter whether you KO the Pokémon, catch it, or run from it.

Is it proven that Shinies are more likely to be encountered in the Friend Safari? Or have people just been looking in the Friend Safari so much that it's reached that as a false conclusion?

Back