Quad Landorus EX

Mora

Don't Panic
Flygon2071 said:
The only way I can see it, is as a better stunfisk. Stunfisk gives 1 prize per 100 HP while Lando EX gives 1 prize per 90 HP.

I think the main reason people like Stunfisk is for preventing the Defending Pokemon from retreating, not the 20-20 snipe.

JayKam

Aspiring Trainer
turn 1 hammer head
turn 2 (hopefully have a successful ether t1 or 2) earth judgement(with the 3rd energy not being fighting)
turn 3 (if you have another successful ether) earth judgement...

it could happen... with skyla bicycle and computer search coming out in the same set it could happen...

RogueChomp

Team DBT
JayKam said:
turn 1 hammer head
turn 2 (hopefully have a successful ether t1 or 2) earth judgement(with the 3rd energy not being fighting)
turn 3 (if you have another successful ether) earth judgement...

it could happen... with skyla bicycle and computer search coming out in the same set it could happen...

Or you could try to actually get energy on the board by NOT killing them (The energies) in the early turns.

I'd say start Lando EX, attach, snipe. Then, Start charging up a Terrakion or Terrakion EX. The Hammer Head damage will build up and set up KOs, which will be its best use most likely. Pluspowers/Scrappers would/may be cut for the Lando EX because Lando sets up KOs anyways.
Anyways, with lando EX, you can abuse SSU and Max Potion like no tomorrow. (Just sayin in general it could live for a while against most deck, excluding that Keldeo EX stuff)

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
If they don't get the turn 2 Blastoise, they pretty much lost because you take 2 prizes turn 2/3 with lando, then even trade with Terrakion EX and win the game on the prize trade.

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
Ok let's not get into another argument...

Landorus is a legitimate threat to the safety of evolution decks but is a bit awkward after set up.

alex

Miss the game
Puff said:
Squirtle can't be hit while on the bench, so you're just 2HKOing them like normal.

This + the fact that they should get the t2 Blastoise more often than not.

Blah

DBT
I think, as has been said, Landorus EX is kind of awkward as a Quad deck. It's a great card, don't get me wrong, but I think this is going to be better in a fighting deck along with Terrakion EX and Terrakion.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Flygon2071, please don't post in threads over two weeks old.

Since it seems like there's decent discussion going on, I'll leave this open.

Zarco

Aspiring Trainer
Landy has a few great matchups, but it'll have problems against Empoleon and Blastoise, which is why Tornadus EX is a good partner. I don't see why it would require fighting types as support rather than general speedy attackers, but I guess it's a good tech/starter in existing fighting decks (provided you don't play non-EX Landy as a starter)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
alexmf2 said:
I'm guessing this just accepts the autoloss to Keldeo...?

That and what the heck does Quad Landorus EX do against Sigilyph? Probably curl up in a ball and cry itself to sleep...

There's got to be better partners for Landorus than just himself (and I'm talking non-EX attackers as well). Sure, he's a good attacker and all but he definitely has some weaknesses, particularly in the later stages of the game where his first attack isn't good and you can't charge the second attack faster enough. Other attackers/support will be needed to give him a boost in a long term game IMO.

dmaster out.

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer
Im thinking maybe Landorus EX/Terrakion NVI/Something to stop Keldeo maybe Virizion NVI Use energy switch and maybe etherdex

Bo$$_89

Two Posts a Day Kept the Trolls Away
How about Landorus and Landorus EX. Maybe with energy switch, switch, ether, Skyla, and pokedex. You start Landorus EX and attach then skyla/pokedex and ether. Try to get a T2 Earth Judgement using the same method. Once you discard energy, drop the normal Landorus, attach, switch, Abundant Harvest. Assuming that you had two fighting energy and one other on Landorus EX, you switch/retreat/ssu, energy switch, attach and repeat.

TheBugManiac

Mi aerodeslizador es lieno de anguilas
I think Tornadus would make a great partner for Landorus EX. Landorus murders evolving basics like it‘s his job, and might get a few big KOs on EXes or stage twos, but it‘s not efficient enough against non-EX big basics and stage ones (three to five turns of Hammerheading or a huge discard with the other attack). This is where Tornadus comes in - after one Hammerhead, it can take out most stage ones, it usually trades off favorably in prize races against other Basic decks, and Hurricane makes it easy to chain attackers, especially because it tends to survive at least two turns. In addition, it‘s not a dead card in any matchup but Eels, and I suspect Eels won‘t like Landorus EX at all.

Also, playing DCE gives you the option of teching Mewtwo, and you have an energy you don‘t have to discard when beating for 150.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Landorus EX/Tornadus/Terrakion/Mewtwo EX/Garbodor could be, at least, a fun deck.
Garbodor shuts down abitities, letting Landorus KO Sigilyph and forcing your opponet to take longer to set up. In that time you can spread with Landorus EX, then revenge kill with Terrakion. Tornadus also is great in any match up other than Eels, and Mewtwo is great since you would probally be using DCE and Ether anyway.

exdarkrai01

Aspiring Trainer
Land judgement with terrakion EX accel engine make no sense unless you run darkrai. You only have 4 switch and thats ALOT to power up terrakion. Fighting decks are to slow accelerating energy to survive this format. The only thing i see as viable would be garbodor but even still you have you retreat problem. I wish they made a stadium allowing 3+ rc being free. That would make fighting decks actually worth it

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
exdarkrai01 said:
Land judgement with terrakion EX accel engine make no sense unless you run darkrai. You only have 4 switch and thats ALOT to power up terrakion. Fighting decks are to slow accelerating energy to survive this format. The only thing i see as viable would be garbodor but even still you have you retreat problem. I wish they made a stadium allowing 3+ rc being free. That would make fighting decks actually worth it

Little late on the idea mate. I've been testing it, and with a good enough set up, it's fast and hits hard, but it needs a lot to stay set up.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
I don't think that idea will work. I think the deck may be good, but flimsy strategies like that usually don't stay in play for too long.

Sanokumo

Aspiring Trainer
Wow I just read this whole thread and I think you guys have it wrong.
I see so many comments about needing energy acceleration. What for? After lands judgment for 150 (almost certainly for a KO) the next turn I max potion, attach one energy and start Hammerheading again to set up my next KO.

Landorus EX has only two issues, water weakness and Siglyph. And that is why you run him along with Terrakion NVI.
Honestly after testing out the deck I admit Keldeo/Blastoise is a VERY hard match up. But Landorus does well against everything else (although Zoroark "foul Playing" lands judgement can hurt)