Quad Landorus EX

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer
Landorus-EX - Fighting - HP180
Basic Pokemon

[F] Hammer Head: 30 damage. Choose one of the opponent's Benched Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage to it. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
[F][F][C] Earth Judgment: 80+ damage. You may discard all Fighting Energy attached to Landorus-EX. If you do, this attack does 70 more damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: Lightning (-20)
Retreat: 3

I see some real potential in this being the new "quad" deck because on the first turn you can do 30 to active and bench setting up kos and earth judgement is ok. I think this can abuse max potion very well but it will probably need heavy switch and super rod.

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
The only way I see this card working is with Terrakion EX + Energy Retrieval. Pretty good anti-meta, though, only has problems with Empoleon

priestkalim

I like football but also, I don't...
I disagree, I say the way this deck would work best is with 4 Pluspower so Earth Judgment OHKOs Darkrai without the energy dump. He really really needed that Earth Judgment to do 180 after the boost. An OHKO on everything in the game besides Wailord would be worth the 3 energy dump. As he is now, I really can't see ever using Earth Judgment's boost unless I absolutely need a KO on a Garchomp.

Empoleon would just be an auto-loss.

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer
I dont think it is an auto loss just a very unfavorable matchup and if you really needed to you could probably tech something in.

priestkalim

Your Master said:
...you could probably tech something in.

It might be different since Empoleon only has 140 HP, but I tried a LOT of different Lightning techs in Fighting.dec to give me something to hit Tornadus EX with...it didn't really work, the best option was Zekrom EX with a Pluspower on a coin flip.

Blend WLFM might help a bit though...

priestkalim

Oh, in that regard, there's a lot. The thing about 1 for 1 exchanging with Empoleons is that they attack for 1 energy while usually you'll be attacking for 2-3. Tornadus would be an excellent Empoleon/Terrakion check for Landorus-EX to use, but the energy exchange destroys it.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
Actually, If Landorus EX goes first against Empoleon, they just put 30 on two piplups and ko them the next turn. Landorus has to be played with terrakion. There is no other way.....:p
I luve this new Lando EX. In this format, going first with this will give you an amazing boost.
Zekeels: OHKOs Tynamo and damages another to be Kod next.
Hydreigon/Darkrai: Same as Zekeels except w/ Deino
Garchomp: This is easy. You go first you Kill Gibles T2. Going second doesnt kill you but it is a disadvantage.
Keldeo/Blastoise:....scoop. You cant snipe the Squirtles and they will easily Ko you.
Accelgor: Once again, going first you just KO all of the Shelmets.
Its just such a great sniper.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
Note that nothing, and I mean nothing, should be using the Dark Deino. A dragon weakness is infinitely better. Getting 2HKOed by Gabite is not nearly as bad as OHKOed turn 2 by Terrakion or turn 1 by Landbro. Also, going second the card is really not that great, and its a 50% chance. It could work in Fighting decks but its not going to be the main attacker and definitely not the only one.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
I guess it'll depend on your area then, but I feel that Fighting decks are going to be more common than RayEels, especially once Cold Flare/Freeze Burn hit the US. We'll see though.

mrwillster

Accelgor will be my salvation.
late to the party but, i think a viable or just a rly fun deck to play would be an archeops landorus ex deck. shut off evolution and pwn with the 30 active 30 bench would be pretty fun:p

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
mrwillster said:
late to the party but, i think a viable or just a rly fun deck to play would be an archeops landorus ex deck. shut off evolution and pwn with the 30 active 30 bench would be pretty fun:p

That would not work in a Basic-dominated format, not at all.

Ursus

Aspiring Trainer
Keeper Of Night said:
That would not work in a Basic-dominated format, not at all.

BW-on is becoming increasingly more reliant on evolution than big basics.

That said, Archeops is not very good.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Ursus said:
BW-on is becoming increasingly more reliant on evolution than big basics.

That said, Archeops is not very good.

But we still have really strong basics. So if Archeops became any good, people would just put in 1 or 2 and Catcher KO Archeops.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
Even if the format was mostly evolutions, Archeops takes too long to get out, requiring a flip or an unreliable trainer to even get out the Stage 1. Garchomp would be able to set up long before that.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Cinema said:
Even if the format was mostly evolutions, Archeops takes too long to get out, requiring a flip or an unreliable trainer to even get out the Stage 1. Garchomp would be able to set up long before that.

Archeops takes 2 turns to get out, if you get him out T2, you can actually hurt Garchomp prettey bad. especially if you get him out while they have Gabite and Swablu out, it shuts them down quite a bit. Just spam them with Darkrai EX or Tornadus EX, something that can be setup like nothing.

And I know you'll argue "Well when they see Archen, they'll just Candy Gabile." Well, they still don't have Altaria. "And he's too fragile." If you get him turn one (Tornadus Donk gets Aerodactyl T1 a lot) you'll get Archeops, it's hard to do 80 damage T1 unless you use Tornadus Donk which will be rotated anyways.