Quad Landorus EX

Milky

4 Mewtwo 4 Revive 48 Energy 4 DCE
Well let's look at the facts.

Landorus is an EX.
Terrakion, which only gives up one prize, does more damage without having to use the energy dump or plus power. The only reason you'd use this card over Terrakion is for the 150 Energy Dump, which Zekrom does. Otherwise just use Terrakion.
It doesn't matter if Mewtwo doesn't need a Catcher. Isn't the reason why you run Catcher is so you can actually use them?
The deck has no energy acceleration besides Terrakion EX which itself needs a few turns to power up.
Just tech Zekrom EX and hit for 150 + having energy acceleration and tech in Terrakion for Retaliates if you crave 90 + hitting for weakness.

I have nothing against Landorus, other than the fact it's overshadowed by other, better cards.

It really doesn't matter if it hits two either, no idiot except some person usingn fragilechomp is going to put Deino in the active and Darkrai on the bench. Hitting 30 on Darkrai won't affect it at all.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
It does have Accelaration, Lunatune/Pokedex/Ether. And that first attack can help soo much against any EX, save Tornadus EX. For one energy you hit for 30 to two people, ether and attach next turn, then dump the energy and on turn two, you've KO'd an EX.:D

Milky

Cool story, like the top cards of your deck are going to be energy cards. I can see even Raticate + Poison being a better deck than this.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
That's what Lunatune and Pokedex are for. You only need to get one energy with Ether, which shouldn't be that hard. Heck you can even use Musharna if you feel like it. My Landy will Donk your Rattata long before that deck beats Quad Landy EX with a decent list.

Milky

That's exactly the thing, everyone is shouting: "Ok guys, next format is evolution based. Let's just make decks with ONLY evolutions."

Raticate won't run only a Raticate line, it'll run other basics too. Long before you'd have KOed it I'd have evolved it (T2)

You are oblivious to the fact I said Raticate variants would be better as a way of saying, this deck really sucks. Bad. I never meant it'd beat this deck, though it probably would.

I'm taking this argument to PMs. Anyone who wants to prove Lando won't be absolute trash can PM me or post on my profile.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
I can OHKO Rattata with ONE Energy. If I go first and you have a lone Rattata, which believe me, won't be uncommon, I auto win.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
Even if the Raticate player has 2 Rattatas, Landorus can STILL donk them. Landorus EX is a very good card which adds some first turn potential to Fighting decks. Still, the success of Fighting decks is pretty much decided by how much play Tool Scrapper sees.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Cinema said:
Still, the success of Fighting decks is pretty much decided by how much play Tool Scrapper sees.

It depends on Terrakion EX. If you have an Ether engine, you can start energy accel Turn two, meaning you don't HAVE to rely on Exp. Shareas much, but yes, Tool Scrapper will be a big part in it.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
I don't think Ether will be out for another 2 sets, but either way it's a very unreliable Energy Accel engine, even with Lunatone/Musharna/Pokedex.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
It's in the same set as Landorus EX, which fits in fine. I know it's unreliable, but I think it could give a big help to Fighting decks.

Milky

Not just unreliable but just plain silly. Oh please oh please try and get those 3 cards you need to actually get the energy onto one of your pokemon. I beg you.

Stop trying to find use for a bad card/s.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
It's not that hard, if I use Pokedex with say, 14 energy, that means I have close to a 1 in 4 chance of hitting an energy, well, Pokedex loos at five, so it won't be that hard to find one energy. The Ether engine has been talked about A LOT since the Ether and Lunatune scans leaked. It's not perfect, but it works.

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
Landorus EX is an ok card. I'm not very impressed. Quad Terrakion and Terrakion EX variants both outclass it as decks. I see no reason to play Quad Landorus over either of those decks listed above. Landorus EX is just a hair above Groudon EX in playability as a card right now. Landorus will be used in place of Groudon in several decks because its first attack is better. Landorus can work with Terrakion EX, or as a tech in Klinklang/Hydreigon, but as a deck I don't see it functioning.

As, lol at the Ether engine.

14 Energy + 4 Ether + 2-3 Pokédex = over 1/3 of your deck being gone for something that only has a chance of working. Of course, you'd have to play energy anyways, but you are wasting around 10 card slots. Having a Pokédex and an Ether in hand at the same time is going to be a pain. In my opinion, Terrakion EX is the only viable form of Fighting acceleration that we will be getting anytime soon.

In short, I'd recommend staying away from Landorus EX decks. Landorus EX should only see play as a tech.

DecaDang

Gravimetric
I don't think Quad Landorus-EX is a good idea, but there is nothing holding back the card from being very strong. For one Energy you put on pressure similar to Darkrai, though obviously not as strong.
Still, it is easier to set up and in the right build Landorus-EX makes a very good starter. If run with Mewtwo, it also prevents you from dropping them too early.

ussgordoncaptain

Aspiring Trainer
The real problem with this card is that emolga is resistant to fighting. but some good partners for this card include, Terrakion, Tornadus EX, and Mewtwo EX. this card gives speed to a terrakion deck which is something Terrakion varients sorely lack in. here is my attempt at building a deck based on landorus

4 Landorus EX
3 Terrakion
3 Mewtwo EX

TSS
4 Bianca
4 N
4 Professor Juniper

1 Computer Search
2 Ultra Ball
4 Ether
4 Pokedex
3 Recycle
4 EXP. Share
2 Switch
4 Pokemon Catcher

10 Fighting energy
4 DCE

Coutihno

Aspiring Trainer
@Vulpix Yolk actually from what I've heard from japanese players Pokedex/Ether engine is working really well, especially in Fighting decks. :D

ussgordoncaptain

Aspiring Trainer
Recycle is key in the Ether engine, since it returns energy to the top of your deck on a coin flip, the other key is EXP share, since that card is pretty good at conserving energy put in play by Ether, and gives the Ether player 2 different forms of Trainer based energy acceleration

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
Vulpix Yolk said:
Landorus EX is an ok card. I'm not very impressed. Quad Terrakion and Terrakion EX variants both outclass it as decks. I see no reason to play Quad Landorus over either of those decks listed above.

In short, I'd recommend staying away from Landorus EX decks. Landorus EX should only see play as a tech.

I must agree with must of this. A deck revolving around landorus won't work (except dusknoir), it is only good as a tech. Terrakion and Terrakion EX outclasses it in everything except a T1 attack/donk. The only way I can see it, is as a better stunfisk. Stunfisk gives 1 prize per 100 HP while Lando EX gives 1 prize per 90 HP. It may work as a starter and you can always go for its second attack.

T1 Hammer Head
T2 Hammer Head (hit 60 HP basic for second time and an EX)
T3 Earth Judgment (discard energies KO EX)
T4 Hammer Head
Repeat process.

It might work with dusknoir to spread some early damage and take easy KOs while you can attack with Earth Judment to take KOs of some EXs/High HP pokemon.