PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random *Congrats to the Winners*

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random

Reupload with copyright added (copyright copied from Blui's entry, if this is the wrong copyright let me know).

LR3iOi0.png

Auride

Periodic Visitor

Here is my entry:
Tp5AJLI.png

When I was assigned Kangaskhan, I very quickly became attached to the idea of a card based around the child that seems eternally bound to its mother's pouch. What if it weren't so perfectly bound? Then I came up with this...

Like all wall-of-text cards, this is made more for fun than for actual play. I wanted to replicate the effect of a not-so-innocent little kid making trouble in the background. Because it's around the child, it has far less health than a regular Kangaskhan would have. No attack because I already had to downsize the text a bit to fit it onto the card (which is something more characteristic of cards before BW, but was necessary here).

Wording is XY/BW. It's a combination of Braviary PLS, Phantump XY, and Smeargle Undaunted.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

Reminder: Submissions must be in by Monday at 11 PM EST.

Lugia123

Basicly two days. For oct I think it would be cool to have everyone make a card that's made to surprise your opponent (kind of like dragonite EX).

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

I've already chosen the theme for next month. :p

Open for ideas for November+

professorlight

Ice Queen

New ideas for old attacks, perhaps? as in, every attack has to be an existing move or ability in the games, but with new effects, more fitting to the move's effect in the videogames?

aschefield101

is behind you !

I think its time the CaC comp went all out with glitz n glamour.... EX/MEGA/FA madness!

Reggie McGigas

-

aschefield101 said:
I think its time the CaC comp went all out with glitz n glamour.... EX/MEGA/FA madness!

I would agree but how are you supposed to judge a mega with only one attack? And this category would mean no text based as well :(

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

professorlight said:
New ideas for old attacks, perhaps? as in, every attack has to be an existing move or ability in the games, but with new effects, more fitting to the move's effect in the videogames?

You mean like a lot of Pokés from my set in my sig? Because I'd nail that considering I'm participating. :D

Reggie McGigas said:
aschefield101 said:

I would agree but how are you supposed to judge a mega with only one attack? And this category would mean no text based as well :(

Even though it won't be impossible to do, it does limit Text-Based to just one attack, or even 2 effectless attacks. :/

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

Luispipe8 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Even though it won't be impossible to do, it does limit Text-Based to just one attack, or even 2 effectless attacks. :/

Or just create a new Mega Pokemon blank/mechanic...
m_mewtwo_y_ex_by_jedi201-d7pavf4.png
New blanks for image-based, or new mechanics for text-based. Easy.

Auride

Periodic Visitor

How about a word limit? A lot of interesting cards are those with walls of texts describing there effects (guilty). But you can still do an awful lot while being brief.

The contest would start with a set limit of words that can appear in the effect boxes of the card (that is, Name, Dex, and Rule boxes/bars do not count, but abilities, attacks, powers/bodies, and special rules like the energy rule on Holon's Castform would). Contestants would be allowed to exceed this limit, but at a penalty (perhaps 1 point for every 2-4 worlds, rounded up?).

The point of such a contest would not be to restrict creativity, but to promote it by way of an alternate thought process. You can no longer simply come up with some convoluted idea and then refine it, you must instead start with an empty slate and fill it up with as the most interesting mechanic that fits.

If this were actually implemented, I would recommend a limit of around 20-30, but that is at the discretion of the judges.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Auride said:
How about a word limit? A lot of interesting cards are those with walls of texts describing there effects (guilty). But you can still do an awful lot while being brief.

The contest would start with a set limit of words that can appear in the effect boxes of the card (that is, Name, Dex, and Rule boxes/bars do not count, but abilities, attacks, powers/bodies, and special rules like the energy rule on Holon's Castform would). Contestants would be allowed to exceed this limit, but at a penalty (perhaps 1 point for every 2-4 worlds, rounded up?).

The point of such a contest would not be to restrict creativity, but to promote it by way of an alternate thought process. You can no longer simply come up with some convoluted idea and then refine it, you must instead start with an empty slate and fill it up with as the most interesting mechanic that fits.

If this were actually implemented, I would recommend a limit of around 20-30, but that is at the discretion of the judges.

I'd hopefully be back to judging in November, so I'd say that it can hut Wording a lot. Because, if you try to shorten things up, Wording can differ from the official sources'.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

Team Aqua's/Magma's Pokemon would be fun and fitting for November due to the release of Pokemon ORAS.

Lugia123

Yes but we already did ORAS stuff. Maybe have November because it's the second last month have the participants make two cards and have the second one counter the first one if you see what I mean.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

[Stage 1] - Name - HP60 - (Y)
Evolves from Spritzee

aromatisse.gif

NO. 683 Fragrance Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 34.2 lbs.

Ability: Ooh, That Smell!
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a (Y) Energy from your hand. If you do, search your deck for a Supporter card and put it into your hand.

(Y)[C] Fairy Heal
Put 3 basic (Y) Energy cards from your discard pile into your hand.

weakness - (M) x2
resistance - (D) -20
retreat - [C][C]
This fanciful Pokémon was known to be the assistant to old time plague doctors and made the room smell great wherever it went.
CaC​
IDK WHY!!!! My images aren't workin

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Evolves from Spritzee

aromatisse.gif

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a (Y) Energy from your hand. If you do, search your deck for a Supporter card and put it into your hand.

(Y)[C] Fairy Heal

weakness - (M) x2
resistance - (D) -20
retreat - [C][C]
This fanciful Pokémon was known to be the assistant to old time plague doctors and made the room smell great wherever it went.
CaC​

Wait. 60HP? What?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

November theme: Artist's Choice. Create a Pokemon that showcases you as an individual, faker, and trainer.

Reggie McGigas

-

PMJ said:
November theme: Artist's Choice. Create a Pokemon that showcases you as an individual, faker, and trainer.

So it's pretty much fakemon?

I'd prefer it if you chose a Pokémon that represents your traits (etc: Snorlax because you like food, Victini if you're competitive, etc.)

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Evolves from Spritzee

aromatisse.gif

(Y)[C] Fairy Heal

weakness - (M) x2
resistance - (D) -20
retreat - [C][C]
CaC​

Aww man, you got "Name". I love that Pokemon. I'm so jelly.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Uh no. I did not say fakemon. Your second thing is what I meant.