PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random *Congrats to the Winners*

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random

ah, missed my opportunity... but what can I say? bbninjas, you certainly made a more creative Hariyama than I would consider myself capable of making :D

aschefield101 is disqualified because he actually works for TPCi. :p

I'm really enjoying the entries this round! Kind of regret that I didn't join, but oh well...

Nekoban Ryo said:
aschefield101 is disqualified because he actually works for TPCi. :p

I wouldn't be surprised, some guy wanted to contact him after his P-Kyogre-EX was posted in the Virbank City FB Page. :p

But I'm liking all the entries so far, keep up the amazing work! :D

I'm also posting bbninja's fail post, just in case.

bbninjas said:
Got you in 30 minutes too...

And here is the card an hour after I was notified:
Stage 1 Hariyama [F] HP120
Evolves from Makuhita

hariyama.gif

NO. 297 Arm Thrust Pokémon HT: 7'07" WT: 559.5 lbs.
[F] [C] Straight-Arm Punch x40
Flip 2 coins with an outstretched arm. This attack does 40 damage times the number of heads.

[F] [F] [C] [C] Shot Put 100
If the weight of the Defending Pokémon is 220lbs or more, this attack's base damage is 50. (The weight of a Pokémon that doesn't have the weight printed on the card is 0lbs.)

weakness
[P] x2 resistance
retreat [C] [C] [C]
It stomps on the ground to build power. It can send a 10-ton truck flying with a straight-arm punch.

Hariyama. Boring. Unless. You. Read. The. Pokedex. Entry. Pity I can't add to my current text card list...

lol you two... if only!

I must admit though, in doing this card I did invent a new way to do the lineart effects (compared to my older way). So not a total bust :D

Time's running out, and honestly I don't think I can make time for card-faking this week.

Sorry to say this, but I have to drop out. A darn shame too, I actually liked my Pokémon :(

I hope you find Gengar to your liking. Otherwise, it may be "Lights Out."

DBnDkvc.png

Low HP for a Stage 2 as well as a 4 attack cost keeps this card balanced. It can not be left out in the open for more than a turn or two and still expect to be alive. You have to manage bench damage using another pokemon in order to perform a sweeping knock out with Gengar.

Jeremy1026 said:

DBnDkvc.png

Low HP for a Stage 2 as well as a 4 attack cost keeps this card balanced. It can not be left out in the open for more than a turn or two and still expect to be alive. You have to manage bench damage using another pokemon in order to perform a sweeping knock out with Gengar.

A darkness gengar? o.0
Ain't that a bit op? Shovel gengar with four nrg, and put out sand slammer flygon = 6 priZe cards at least, up to twelve. *faints in awe*

Jeremy1026 said:

DBnDkvc.png

Yeah, a Flygon/ Gengar deck would be able to collect 10 Prizes in a turn 0-o Quite OP

Wigglytuff said:
Jeremy1026 said:

DBnDkvc.png

Yeah, a Flygon/ Gengar deck would be able to collect 10 Prizes in a turn 0-o Quite OP

Don't underestimate Forretress FLF... xD

Forretress Luis, but yes that gengar does seem so broken especially with forretress...

Squirtle Squad said:
Forretress Luis, but yes that gengar does seem so broken especially with forretress...

Crap, I always confuse their names!! Dx But let's get back on topic and leave that to Spoon, shall we? ;)

IMO, Jermey should be disqualified for removing Asche's watermark. Hate to say it, but that's blatant plagiarizing right there.

Reggie McGigas said:
IMO, Jermey should be disqualified for removing Asche's watermark. Hate to say it, but that's blatant plagiarizing right there.

Jeremy could just redo with copyright to make the 3rd fail post.

Reggie McGigas said:

To be fair, light did the same, but without knowing. Let's wait for a response from him, and if he doesn't say anything or shows no interest in providing credit THEN he'll be disqualified.

In my defense, I was using it as a placeholder, the blank wasn't even finished at the time, and I had to rush it.
And I didn't know how the hell I could make a similar effect myself; I had to improvise later.

Completely unnecessary excuse aside, that gengar is super OP. And even I have a sand slammer flygon to use it with.
Carry on now.

aschefield101 said:
Jeremy, you've removed my copyright on the blank.

I was unaware that it was your blank. I did a google image search for "Pokemon TCG Dark Blank" and scrolled down for what seems like forever. If you'd like to provide your copyright I'll re-add it to the image, but my blank did not contain any watermarks/copyrights.

Outiside of the whole blank issue, I can't think of anything cool that would top this month! Have we done Dragon's yet? Trainer Pokemon(kinda like Pokemon-SP or the Gym series.)?

Yay I'm finally done. I actually had a lot of ideas for this card, but ended up combining 2 of them to make this one. The Ability I was pretty set on for a while; the attack is what I was deciding on for most of this contest.

(XY Era)
STAGE 1 / Tentacruel // HP90 [W]
tentacool.png
Evolves from Tentacool
tentacruel.gif

NO. 073 Jellyfish Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 121.3 lbs.

[Ability] Weakening Poison
Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Poisoned Pokémon.

[W] Devolution Ink 50
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Flip a coin. If tails, devolve this Pokémon and put the highest Stage Evolution card on it into your hand.

weakness [G] X2
resistance
retreat [C]

In battle, it extends all 80 of its tentacles to entrap its opponent inside a poisonous net.​

GadgetJax said:
Outiside of the whole blank issue, I can't think of anything cool that would top this month! Have we done Dragon's yet? Trainer Pokemon(kinda like Pokemon-SP or the Gym series.)?

Would love to do an owner's Pokémon round. :) We could even do something like this where entrants are randomly assigned an owner and get to make a Pokémon card based on that, but that might be a bit too complicated. :p

Back