PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random *Congrats to the Winners*

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random

Lugia123 said:
I should say I enjoy everyone's commentary.
Well, I'd love to comment, but you know that my comments take 3 weeks before they get sent. ;)

GadgetJax said:
professorlight said:
I downloaded the image and stuck the new border on top of the old one, so everything should be okay.
Klang.png

A Pokemon with 2 Abilities? What is this sorcery?

We've had that before with Poké-BODIES and Poké-POWERS, but never with Abilities.[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:

GadgetJax said:
professorlight said:
I downloaded the image and stuck the new border on top of the old one, so everything should be okay.
Klang.png

*coughs*
I kinda did that with my Jirachi o 3o

Scorched Feathers said:
GadgetJax said:

*coughs*
I kinda did that with my Jirachi o 3o

Lesson of the day, kids. "No one will pay attention to your jokes unless they have data that disproves it."

Dang, my computer crashed and I lost my entry. Hopefully this is on the lines of what I had.

STAGE 2 || Ampharos || HP120 || [L]
Evolves from Flaaffy

181.gif

NO. 181 Light Pokémon HT: 4'07" WT: 135.6 lbs.

[Ability] Prioritize
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard up to 3 Item cards from your hand.

[L][L][L] Bolt Magnet - 50
You may search your deck for a Special Energy card and attach it to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. Put 2 damage counters on that Pokémon.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]
The tip of its tail shines brightly and can be seen from far away. It acts as a beacon for lost people.

I had permission from Luispipe8 to delete and repost my submission due to the forum showing I had edited the post when I posted 2 things in a row. He's made it clear that if I edit anything on the repost, I'll be disqualified, so no need to worry about that
Quote for proof:
Luispipe8 said:
Wigglytuff said:
Could you check my latest post on the CAC thread? Apparently posting 2 things in a row will combine them and show that you made an edit. Is there any way you can get someone to check my post before this to confirm I didn't edit the card so that I don't lose points?

Don't worry, it has happened before, just remember to be careful next time and to make sure your posts aren't either before or after your submission. I'm going to allow you to DELETE the current post and post it as a single one, but state that THIS happened and that I allowed you to do it FOR THIS TIME ONLY. Got it? ;) If anything gets edited from the card itself, it's a disqualification.

Entry:

Axew, Axew how do you make something creative with a Basic in a stage 2 line? Well, there was that one Axew in Poképark that wanted to be just like Fraxure, and then the Fraxure that wanted to impress Haxorus. Maybe I could base the card around that. An Axew trying to be just like a Fraxure or a Haxorus...
I GOT IT!

BASIC Axew HP60 [N]
Axew_XY.gif

NO. 610 Tusk Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 39.7 lbs
/Ability/ Dragon See, Dragon Do
This Pokémon can use the attacks of any Axew, Fraxure, and Haxorus in play (both yours and your opponent's). (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)
/Ability/ Energy Assist
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a basic Energy attached to 1 of your Haxorus to this Pokémon.
weakness [Y]x2 resistance
retreat [C]
Its large tusks have a tendency to break, but each time they grow back, they grow in harder and sturdier.
My card was intended to be VERY balanced, based on my last 2 failures at that. If you set up a Haxorus to attack, instead of risking that Haxorus being knocked out, you can put an Axew active instead. Move all the energy on Haxorus to Axew and attack. As a Basic Pokémon, it can hit heavy with a quick setup. However, you are almost certainly going to give up a prize card and lose all your attached energy, due to Axew only having 60 HP. I also decided to limit Energy Assist to basic energy, in an attempt to balance it more.

Also, hopping onto the double ability bandwagon.

Wigglytuff's FAIL post, FYI. Posting it in case you want ot make sure everything's ok(IA is a Mod(As well as a lot of contestants) and can see deleted posts anyways, but you never know :p):
Wigglytuff said:
Axew, Axew how do you make something creative with a Basic in a stage 2 line? Well, there was that one Axew in Poképark that wanted to be just like Fraxure, and then the Fraxure that wanted to impress Haxorus. Maybe I could base the card around that. An Axew trying to be just like a Fraxure or a Haxorus...
I GOT IT!

BASIC Axew HP60 [N]
Axew_XY.gif

NO. 610 Tusk Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 39.7 lbs
/Ability/ Dragon See, Dragon Do
This Pokémon can use the attacks of any Axew, Fraxure, and Haxorus in play (both yours and your opponent's). (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)
/Ability/ Energy Assist
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a basic Energy attached to 1 of your Haxorus to this Pokémon.
weakness [Y]x2 resistance
retreat [C]
Its large tusks have a tendency to break, but each time they grow back, they grow in harder and sturdier.

My card was intended to be VERY balanced, based on my last 2 failures at that. If you set up a Haxorus to attack, instead of risking that Haxorus being knocked out, you can put an Axew active instead. Move all the energy on Haxorus to Axew and attack. As a Basic Pokémon, it can hit heavy with a quick setup. However, you are almost certainly going to give up a prize card and lose all your attached energy, due to Axew only having 60 HP. I also decided to limit Energy Assist to basic energy, in an attempt to balance it more.

Also, hopping onto the double ability bandwagon.

Wait what?! I just posted 2 responses in a row and it combined them, and now it shows that I edited my post! Okay, is there any way a Moderator can check the edit to confirm that I didn't change anything on the card?!
[/hr][/hr]

[/hr][/hr]

Thanks for coming to me first instead of just doing it. ;)[/hr][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hit me up for some delicious image based swag.

aschefield101 said:
I'm in for image based \o/

gg wp no re IA pls remove me from contest i already lost

I'm joking, of course.

I'm doing this again. In for image.

One of the things that motivates me more this month is the fact that Spoon is judging. I'm interested to see his evaluation process, especially on the creativity area. I'm tempted to make an e-card just so that he can point out all the errors for me, 'cause I can't seem to get placement right on those blanks. Of course, that would mean I'd be losing a lot of points on that department. And in a CaC with asche, Blui, Nod, PMJ.. one can't afford to lose such precious points. Best of luck to us all.

Zygarde said:
One of the things that motivates me more this month is the fact that Spoon is judging. I'm interested to see his evaluation process, especially on the creativity area. I'm tempted to make an e-card just so that he can point out all the errors for me, 'cause I can't seem to get placement right on those blanks. Of course, that would mean I'd be losing a lot of points on that department. And in a CaC with asche, Blui, Nod, PMJ.. one can't afford to lose such precious points. Best of luck to us all.

Don't worry, I've an awful record at CaC :p

And having Alomomola doesn't help.

Zygarde said:
Hmmm, I do wonder if I'd judge e-cards more or less harshly. I'd hope I'd be a fair judge, but it's hard to be completely unbiased one way or another, especially when e-cards are involved.
The available resources for the e-series are rather scarce, though, so I don't really recommend it. Just try to win whatever it takes, the less mistakes I have to find the easier it is for me :p

Not that you'd judge e-cards more severely, but I think you're the more experienced faker of that era, so getting advice from you would certainly help. Sorry if it sounded that you'd be biased when judging it.

To me, the best part of CaC is the fact that judges post in depth analysis about entries, so contestants can learn a lot, especially on what they did wrong. I can only be grateful for CMP helping me improve so much. That's what I meant. Being judged by Spoon: opportunity to step up the game on e cards. And yeah, there's the resources on e-era are pretty lacking. How I wish there were at least bigger blanks ;(

Pity all the texts are gone... I may join next month. :)

Basic Delibird HP80
20px-Water-attack.png

Delibird_XY.gif

NO. 225 Deilvery Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 35.3 Ibs.

TCGAbilityIcon.png
Present
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may Knock Out this Pokémon. If you do, your turn ends. Then, during your next turn, you may take an additional Prize card for each of your opponent’s Pokémon that you Knock Out during that turn.

20px-Colorless-attack.png
Food Fight! 10+
If your opponent has less than six Prize cards remaining, this attack does 40 more damage.

weakness
20px-Metal-attack.png
x2 resistance
20px-Grass-attack.png
retreat

It always carries its food with it, wherever it goes. If attacked, it throws its food at the opponent.​

When I first got Delibird I was a bit ._.

Then it grew on me and an idea came into mind :)

(Not too sure about the wording)

Ice Espeon said:
TCGAbilityIcon.png
Present
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may Knock Out this Pokémon. If you do, your turn ends. Then, during your next turn, you may take an additional Prize card for each of your opponent’s Pokémon that you Knock Out during that turn.
I definitely like this Present Ability compared to the official Poképower/Ability Present cards!

Back