PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random *Congrats to the Winners*

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random

People are actually turning in their submissions early. What is this sorcery?!

Awww. A chubby Skitty.

How did I miss out signups? I was only away one day :O (not even 24 hours :/)

You could try image-based, there's plenty of room to sign-up there! ^_^

Nah, I've never tried making fake image cards and I don't really have time to try, since I've got stuff to do in the meantime.
I'll try to come earlier next round :D

Chansey / HP100 [C]
Basic
Chansey_CAC_resize.png

No. 113 Egg Pokémon HT: 3' 7'' WT: 76.3 lbs.

Ability// Helping Hand
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, the attacks of your Active Pokémon do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). You can't use more than 1 Helping Hand Ability each turn.

[C][C][C] Use Egg Bombs Wisely!
Choose a Pokémon in play. You may either do 70 damage to that Pokémon or heal 70 damage from that Pokémon (don't apply Weakness and Resistance to Benched Pokémon). Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokémon.

weakness /// resistance
[F] x2
retreat cost
[C][C][C]

It lays several eggs a day and won't share them with those who have evil in their hearts.
Illus. 9Tailz

Chansey_CAC_full.png

XY era

I included the bigger version, which allows you to see my lazy shading and poorly shaped Chansey. However, you can see my favorite part of the picture better: the textures. They took me like 10 seconds to make but they look really really good. :p I just used the Galaxy brushes in GIMP very lightly over the whole thing and fiddled with the opacity a bit.

starfox ftw

I was considering putting the Star Fox and Star Wolf teams reacting to Chansey, but the picture didn't really need it, and I think it would have taken the focus away from Chansey.

As for the card itself, the Egg Bomb thing popped into my head and I never went back. It shouldn't be too broken, since you can only use one Helping Hand each turn, which is just a coin flip, and Use Egg Bombs Wisely! requires you to discard 2 Energy, which means you need some acceleration or just hit a DCE every turn to use it consecutively.

Or you can still try to wait in case someone folds out. ;)

Eh, I got Meloetta, could of been worse I guess.
[Basic] Meloetta HP 80 [psychic]
meloetta.gif

The melodies sung by Meloetta have the power to make Pokémon that hear them happy or sad.
[Ability] Pretty Look
When this Pokemon is knocked out, your opponent flips a coin. If tails your opponent does not take a prize card.
[p] Wild Dancing 10+
If you have more energy attached to this Pokemon than your opponent's Active Pokemon, this attack does 50 more damage.
Weakness [p] x2 Resistence [] Retreat [c]

Um... Weakness and resistance. Reatreat cost. Dex entry. "energies". Just a few things to remember.

Here's my and Luispipe8's image entry:

fvif14.jpg

The wording was by Luispipe8 and the image was by me. I wasn't so sure about what to do for Budew, but I'm happy with this result.

Can I include Pokémon Tool F in my card? Otherwise I think I'm ready to submit.

Oh, you're talking to me. :p Well, I'd prefer not because we don't know EVERYTHING about those Team Flare cards, and would make judging a bit more difficult.

Arcticwhite said:
Here's my and Luispipe8's image entry:

BUDEW

The wording was by Luispipe8 and the image was by me. I wasn't so sure about what to do for Budew, but I'm happy with this result.

Looks really nice! For a first time participating in the CaC contest, I'd say Luispipe did a good job on the wording! Though, on the side note, Budew's Power allows you to search out Roselia and evolve into it. SP Pokemon don't evolve, so is this meant as a sort of Transformation(ala ditto) or was this an oversight? Just checking...

GadgetJax said:
For a first time participating in the CaC contest, I'd say Luispipe did a good job on the wording!

Well, Gadget, I'm a Judge for a reason. :p I first participated last November(and nailed that month, I gotta say, 50/50) and kept participating until February, that's when IA asked for a Judge, and I happily volunteered. If it was for me, I'd still participate every month, but I can't for obvious reasons. That's also one of the reasons I'm taking a break next month, so I can give a little more focus to University and also to participate on my own once again. ;)

Allow me to explain the wording on the card: (I did only the wording; the illustration, card, placement, etc was all Arctic ;) )

I am well aware that not a single Pokémon SP evolves. But why shouldn't they? I mean, we have a Turtwig GL. I'm very sure that that exact Turtwig hasn't lost all potential to evolve, and will, someday. Budew's the same case. At first I wanted to include that as the "Baby Evolution" Poké-POWER, but that would have been cheesy and not very original. Also, being Budew a Baby Pokémon, Roselia GL can be played with Budew GL nowhere to be found, so it's like an optional move to play that. It it was something like a Shinx, or Sneasel, that wouldn't make that much sense. I included the Synthetic Evolution Power so it can't normally evolve into Roselia GL. But apart from that, it has every other trait a Pokémon SP should have: Different HP, no Dex. Data, the owner... I just added a little twist to make it original(and gotta say that the original idea to make it a Pokémon SP was Arctic's, so credit on that goes to her). Even though it might dock a point or two in Believability, it sure boosts Creativity(at least from my Judge's point of view, but can't speak for Spoon, that's just my expectation).

Also, thanks a lot since now, Arctic, working with you was a lot of fun, hope we can enter together again sometime in the future! :D

And... My... 1000th Post!!! :D[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:

Luispipe8 said:
I am well aware that not a single Pokémon SP evolves. But why shouldn't they? I mean, we have a Turtwig GL. I'm very sure that that exact Turtwig hasn't lost all potential to evolve, and will, someday. Budew's the same case. At first I wanted to include that as the "Baby Evolution" Poké-POWER, but that would have been cheesy and not very original. Also, being Budew a Baby Pokémon, Roselia GL can be played with Budew GL nowhere to be found, so it's like an optional move to play that. It it was something like a Shinx, or Sneasel, that wouldn't make that much sense. I included the Synthetic Evolution Power so it can't normally evolve into Roselia GL. But apart from that, it has every other trait a Pokémon SP should have: Different HP, no Dex. Data, the owner... I just added a little twist to make it original(and gotta say that the original idea to make it a Pokémon SP was Arctic's, so credit on that goes to her). Even though it might dock a point or two in Believability, it sure boosts Creativity(at least from my Judge's point of view, but can't speak for Spoon, that's just my expectation).

Also, thanks a lot since now, Arctic, working with you was a lot of fun, hope we can enter together again sometime in the future! :D

And... My... 1000th Post!!! :D

Allow me to fix that, that's all the explanation you need here.
Not keeping with the gym heroes take on gym leader pokemon was one of pokemon's stupidest, stupidest moves. The others were removing no-energy attacks after DPP, bringing back EXs and not making mega pokemon exactly like Lv. X.

Ehem... am I allowed to resubmit Klang with only the border changed? since the card doesn't include credit...

Manaphy HP 80 [W]

Ability: Release The Flood
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your active Pokémon you may discard 10 [W] Energy in play. If you do, draw 3 Prize cards.

[W] Tail Glow 10
You may attach 3 Energy cards from your hand each turn for the rest of the game. Your active Pokémon's attacks do 70 less damage for the rest of the game. For the rest of the game each of your Pokémon in play, each of your Pokémon in your hand, and each of your Pokémon in your discard pile has no Abilitys.

Weakness: [G] Resistance: Reatreat: [C]

When awakened from the sea floor, this Pokémon can wield great power at a great cost.

professorlight said:
Ehem... am I allowed to resubmit Klang with only the border changed? since the card doesn't include credit...

Hm, I'm guessing that since it's an "Illegal card", you should do it. I'd wait for Spoon to confirm it, though.

professorlight said:
If it's just the border then I honestly don't mind. It's not like it's an important part of the competition, and this seems like an honest mistake. You can repost with just the borders changed without losing points. I have the original saved. If I find any other changes, you'll of course be disqualified.

And, you know, pay attention in the future.

Lugia123 said:
Manaphy HP 80 [W]

Ability: Release The Flood
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your active Pokémon you may discard 10 [W] Energy in play. If you do, draw 3 Prize cards.

[W] Tail Glow 10
You may attach 3 Energy cards from your hand each turn for the rest of the game. Your active Pokémon's attacks do 70 less damage for the rest of the game. For the rest of the game each of your Pokémon in play, each of your Pokémon in your hand, and each of your Pokémon in your discard pile has no Abilitys.

Weakness: [G] Resistance: Reatreat: [C]

When awakened from the sea floor, this Pokémon can wield great power at a great cost.

I should say I enjoy everyone's commentary.

Heavenly Spoon said:
professorlight said:
If it's just the border then I honestly don't mind. It's not like it's an important part of the competition, and this seems like an honest mistake. You can repost with just the borders changed without losing points. I have the original saved. If I find any other changes, you'll of course be disqualified.

And, you know, pay attention in the future.

I downloaded the image and stuck the new border on top of the old one, so everything should be okay.
Klang.png

professorlight said:
I downloaded the image and stuck the new border on top of the old one, so everything should be okay.
Klang.png

A Pokemon with 2 Abilities? What is this sorcery?

Back