PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random *Congrats to the Winners*

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
cac_september14copy_zps75f2db4d.jpg

Welcome to the September round of Create-A-Card!

This month we will be focusing on Random Pokemon (happy Luis?! =P).

In this round, you will be assigned a random Pokemon from which you will base your card around. As an artist, you will not be restricted to a specific card era when creating your card.

Participants who fail to submit a card by the deadline will automatically lose 2 points for next round (similar to losing 2 points for the current round for editing). Continuing to fail to post a submission in the future rounds will result in a possible ban from the contest for a couple of months. Please keep a close eye on the deadline.

Continuing from the previous round, card maker (websites) are officially banned from this contest. These websites kill the creativity aspect of the contest and don't exemplify the skills of the individual that we're looking for.

Fan Voting is still available. Members are free to vote for ONE text-based entry and ONE image-based entry. You may either PM [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod] your choices or take the Google poll (which will be available shortly after the submission deadline).

The ability to form partnerships is available for this round as well!

Members with different talents can work together on a card! That means members get to use their best talents and combine them into the best and most creative card! For example: one of the members focus on illustrations while the other can focus on the card itself. Working in a team is optional.

Artists (illustrators) are free to post in this thread, letting participants know that they are available.

Now is the time to show us your true faking skills and put your best foot forward, and show how well you can create a card!

This contest has two sections, Text Based and Image Based. In text based all you have to do is create a card in text form and post it in here! For the Image based half, you’ll need the help of some software to let your creations come to life. But one thing remains important between both of them, it has to be original.

There are a total of 30 places in this competition, 15 for both sections, and unlike last year, these slots don’t apply for both. Only one. So simply be fast and post down below that you wish to enter, but be fast, these competitions can fill up very quickly! Once you’ve entered you’ll need to create your entry and post it down below, before Monday the 29th of September at 11:00 PM EST. Be careful when posting your entry though, because if you have to edit, or did edit your post you’ll have an instant deduction of 2 points from your overall score, and posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points.

Another note, for those entering Image Based you will have to include this logo OR this one on your card or else your entry won’t be accepted. It was designed by the lovely Nekoban Ryo who continuously creates resources for the faking world and faker himself. Alternate Set Symbol #1, Alternate Set Symbol #2

Scoring

--------
Text-Based
--------

1. Creativity/Originality
    We're all tired of effect-less attacks. Without images, part of the intrigue with text-based fakes is the creativity of Power/Body/Ability/attack effects. Let's see something cool!
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    Total: 15 points
    ---
  3. Believability/Playability
    Text-based fakes rely heavily on their believability. Think of your entries as if they were real cards. Try to avoid those 400 HP monsters which do 200 damage for [R]! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
Max Points: 50

--------
Image-Based
--------
  1. Creativity/Originality
    This should be a given. With the proper tools, let your imagination run wild! This can involve new gameplay mechanics, blanks, etc.
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    ---
  3. Fonts and Placement
    Correct fonts are imperative when creating realistic fakes. Placement isn't quite as important, so long as the fonts/symbols/etc. are in the correct general area.
    Total: 10 points
    ---
  4. Believability/Playability
    Because this division of the contest is so image-heavy, the believability and playability takes a backseat here. However, it's still worth a portion of the total points, so try to keep it in the realm of believable! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
    Total: 5 points
Max Points: 50

So that’s the point breakdown for this month’s Create-A-Card. Luispipe8 will be judging the Text Based portion of the contest and Heavenly Spoon will be judging the Image Based part.

When making your fakes be sure to follow forum rules, if you are using someone else’s art be sure you have their permission to use it or it is otherwise considered art theft.

As per usual have fun and be as creative as you can be and show the world that PB can make the best fake cards!

Deadline: September 29th (Mon.) 11:00pm EST

Anticipated Entrants

[td] Image-Based:
  1. Delta - Delcatty
  2. Zygarde - Malamar
  3. bigfootaus - Gligar
  4. PMJ & Athena - Roserade
  5. professorlight - Klang
  6. Auride - Kangaskhan
  7. Nod3 - Magmar
  8. Arcticwhite & Luispipe8 - Budew
  9. aschefield101 -
  10. Blui - Alomomola
  11. Mora - Ferrothorn
  12. Jeremy1026 - Gengar
[/td][td] Text-Based:
  1. Mr. Stoopid - Yanmega
  2. Salamencetrainer34 - Excadrill
  3. GadgetJax - Accelgor
  4. Squirtle Squad - Forretress
  5. Mr.Muffin - Zebstrika
  6. Keeper of Night - Hawlucha
  7. Reggie McGigas - Nincada
  8. 9Tailz - Chansey
  9. Machamp The Champion - Tentacruel
  10. bbninjas - Hariyama
  11. Ice Espeon - Delibird
  12. Momaster12 - Ampharos
  13. NameBlank - Meloetta
  14. AlexanderTheAwesome - Aromatisse
  15. Lugia123 - Manaphy
  16. Wigglytuff - Axew
  17. Xdog - Gible
  18. Eron - Ducklett
  19. steffenka - Spiritomb
  20. Camoclone - Flygon
[/td]

Bold names means I have seen your entry in this thread.

Want to help advertise the contest? Feel free to use the banner below in your sig!

cac_september14copy_zps75f2db4d.jpg

Credit goes to Nekoban Ryo for the amazing banner!

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random

Heavenly Spoon will be guest judging this round for image-based.

Also, your randomly-generated Pokemon will be sent to you via PM and a list will be available in this thread as well.

Good luck to all! :)

Image me.

Kicking it solo for text this time!

Ice Arceus said:
This month we will be focusing on Random Pokemon (happy Luis?! =P).

A lot. :D This is going to be fun!!

First things first: I'll go to random.org, set it from 1 to 721 and give you the name of your Pokémon via PM(to both Image and Text-based contestants). IA will receive it as well so he can post them here. I'll start with the ones who have signed up already in order.

And, assuming everything goes as planned: Signing up Arcticwhite and myself for an Image-based team-up! :D[/hr][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:

I will sign up for Text. This is going to be fun. Please get really horrible pokemon.

It seems Luis will be assigning not fully evolved Pokémon as well. I just want to note that getting something like Rattata does not mean you can slack when it comes to originality. There are plenty of ways of making interesting NFE Pokémon beyond the standard [C] Tackle 10 attacks, and while these will probably give you all your believability points they will definitely cost you points when it comes to Creativity/Originality. Making creative use of an otherwise bland Pokémon might just give you those winning points. I think I might be more strict when it comes to originality than CMP, so beware.

And good luck to all! Since this is my first time judging, I can only hope that you'll all send in either absolutely perfect or obviously flawed cards. :p

I should be able to do text this month, even though I am going to be pretty busy. Plus, I've felt really uninspired to make any fakes which is why I haven't updated the Pokedex 2.0 TCG thread in a while.

EDIT: I'm signing up fo text.

Heavenly Spoon said:
I think I might be more strict when it comes to originality than CMP, so beware.

Wow, didn't knew this was even possible... D:

In for text.

Stage 1 Yanmega HP110
TCGGrass

Evolves from Yanma

469.gif

NO.469 Ogre Darner Pokémon HT: 6'03" WT: 113.5 Ibs.

TCGWhite
Supersonic Blur 20
You may switch this Pokémon with one of your benched Pokémon. If you do, search your deck for a basic Energy and attach it to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

TCGGrass
TCGWhite
TCGWhite
A Chorus of Yanmega 30+
Does 30 more damage for each different type of basic Energy attached to this Pokémon. If there are more than 4 different types of basic Energy attached to this Pokémon, shuffle your hand into your deck and draw 6 cards. Your Pokémon can't use A Chorus of Yanmega during your next turn.

weakness
TCGLight
x2 resistance
TCGRock
+20
retreat
SF-none

This six-legged Pokémon is easily capable of transporting an adult in flight. The wings on its tail help it stay balanced.

Here we go again~
I tried to do something with some Yanmega-esque stuff, kinda having a throwback to most Yanmega that have been around. The 2nd attack name is me being bad at referencing the song "Headphones and a Chorus of Cicadas" (which is a really cool song, go check it).I used Aegislash XY86 for reference on the end of the attack~
With 4 different Energy + Muscle Band, Yanmega does 140 damage, and with a Supersonic Blur, that totals at 180, 2HKOing almost everything in the format~
Hope you enjoy O u O

Back