PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random *Congrats to the Winners*

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random

PMJ said:
November theme: Artist's Choice. Create a Pokemon that showcases you as an individual, faker, and trainer.

Regardless of whether you meant it this way or not, creating a fake Pokemon specifically for a card would be kinda fun. I think I'd like that as a theme.

He probably meant "create a Pokémon card", but I agree that a fakemon CaC would be pretty cool, even though I have very little experience in that sort of thing myself. >_>

Image turnout for fakemon would be even lower than it is now tbh. PMJ's second post about Reggie's 2nd sentence makes more sense.

Hey just a suggestion, next time you want to do random Pokemon, it might be beneficial to those involved to get to pick one out of three randomized selections. That way there's a little more wiggle room.

Hm, that's an interesting suggestion and might prevent Light and KoN from killing me for next time. xD We'll sure keep it in mind. Couple things:
-Deadline's today!!! If anyone's missing, make sure to work your card before it's too late.
-I started judging a couple weeks ago and made the "annoying" part of copying the cards into the draft, but got caught up with University assignments, so I hope to proceed my duty tomorrow afternoon so results can be ready by Wednesday. ;)

Metal Gear BIDOOF said:
Hey just a suggestion, next time you want to do random Pokemon, it might be beneficial to those involved to get to pick one out of three randomized selections. That way there's a little more wiggle room.

This this 9000 times this. This round had a great idea but poor execution, as it was kinda unfair we had guys getting Meloettas and Yanmegas while the rest of us are sitting here with our Grimers and Nincadas.

Reggie McGigas said:
Metal Gear BIDOOF said:

This this 9000 times this. This round had a great idea but poor execution, as it was kinda unfair we had guys getting Meloettas and Yanmegas while the rest of us are sitting here with our Grimers and Nincadas.

Great idea, but I think that the real way to remedy this would to be exclusive to Fully-Evolved-Pokemon. The 3 way choice is interesting, but what if your 3 choices are nothing but trash, or if 2 are NFE and the other is Fully Evolved? I tried a randomizer set to 3 of any Pokemon, and half of the time, I would get nothing of NFE, or All Fully-Evolved. I think Fully Evolved is the way to go, personally. Heck, I wouldn't even mind 3 Fully-Evolved Pokemon randomizer, it's still fair and a bit more leniant.

I think keeping it to just a single (maybe 2) options is the best way to go, but excluding NFE Pokémon (and Legendaries, too) would balance things out and would avoid Pokémon like Klang, Budew, Ducklett, etc. being thrown up against Pokémon like Excadrill and Meloetta.

Having three options gives almost too much leeway/choice to participants when the whole purpose of this exercise was to come up with a creative idea for a Pokémon you might not have normally chosen.

But yeah, keeping it to all NFE or all FE or all Legendaries next time would ensure participants are on a more level playing field.

CMP said:
I think keeping it to just a single (maybe 2) options is the best way to go, but excluding NFE Pokémon (and Legendaries, too) would balance things out and would avoid Pokémon like Klang, Budew, Ducklett, etc. being thrown up against Pokémon like Excadrill and Meloetta.

Having three options gives almost too much leeway/choice to participants when the whole purpose of this exercise was to come up with a creative idea for a Pokémon you might not have normally chosen.

But yeah, keeping it to all NFE or all FE or all Legendaries next time would ensure participants are on a more level playing field.

Exactly.
Besides, I have already 4 meloettas done (1 EX), while I had to make klink and will have to do klingklang just so I can finish the line.

However, I don't think there is really anything bad about NFE pokemon; with creativity, they can be as useful and interesting as FE pokemon, and isn't creativity the whole point of the CAC? besides, I could have gotten klingklang, and I wouldn't have been happier, or done much differently as what I did with klang. Besides, I don't think I did so bad, despite it being klang... and I liked arctic's budew...

professorlight said:
However, I don't think there is really anything bad about NFE pokemon; with creativity, they can be as useful and interesting as FE pokemon, and isn't creativity the whole point of the CAC? besides, I could have gotten klingklang, and I wouldn't have been happier, or done much differently as what I did with klang. Besides, I don't think I did so bad, despite it being klang...

Exactly. At first we thought about giving away just FE Pokés, but just agreed on not giving useless things like Magikarp, Metapod and the such. Random.org didn't threw any of those anyways, though. :p
professorlight said:
and I liked arctic's budew...
Let's hope Spoon thinks the same. xD

Did I just lose the timeline? I just finished my card and was exporting it to .png ;_;

Haven't seen any post saying that the deadline has passed - just submit, Zygarde!

I'm fairly certain the deadline has passed. But whatever, upload it anyway, I have time. Worst case scenario it doesn't get accepted and you get an honourable mention.

Ok then, at least Spoon will grade it :')

malamarcoacutepia_zps339700b4.png

Sadly, we can't accept it since the deadline has passed. Hate to do it, but we need to be fair to everyone. :\

Heavenly Spoon is free to grade it, but it won't be counted officially for this round.

Zygarde said:
that's what I meant by "at least" ;p
Your card has been graded. I'll post your results after the official ones go up.

I think we're all waiting for Luis to finally finish his portion, so be sure to rush him and blame him for the waiting.

Yeah, yeah, I'll have them ready by tonight. I was able to do a part yesterday, but catching up with Mod duties took time. :p

Waaaaa!
I still have 7 entries to go! Dx
If IA doesn't posts them by 1:30h from now, I must probably had to call it a night. If that was the case, expect them tomorrow around 8pm EST.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I can assure you that I won't be doing this next month because I'm not Judging next month. I mean, for November. xD
I'll post here by that time to let you guys know.

Edit: Scratch that, I'll probably have them ready within an hour-ish. ;o

Back