'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

RealSlim said:
Looks like I'm the only one here who started play Pokémon games since Red/Blue. So sad... anyway, I liked Hoenn but not that much, I liked Johto much more, as well as the 3rd Gen is absolutely NOT my favourite... I'm happy to read "new world", I really hope these games will show us a new place, maybe a new region... but for now I would like to get an answer for these questions, before concentrate myself to ORAS:

1) Why the hell (in Kalos) 3 power plants on 4 are closed??? What are they hiding??? (***Game Freak let me open them, now!***)
2) What is this "Strange Souvenir"?
3) What is the far away region from which the Strange Souvenir (and who gave it to me) come from?
4) Why there is an unused station in Couriway Town?
5) What is the "far away" region mentioned by Shauna?

I really really (really) think that the answers to the last 4 questions are in this "new world" (read as "new region").

I've been in it since Red and Blue as well and I can definitely agree on Johto being better of the regions too. Maybe it's only us 1st gen players that feel like this. All of your questions are ones I've been wondering about as well. I hope Gamefreak gives us some closure on these things before the new games come out. Maybe on top of Hoenn we get a smaller "new area" that was mentioned by the backpacker that gives you the souvenir. He mentions that it isn't an area we've explored before in previous games. It's possible the item triggers an event of sorts that takes you to a new area/region. I think it's gonna be remakes with upgrades on a few aspects and some new features. I don't think it will be an entirely new story or anything.

RealSlim said:
Looks like I'm the only one here who started play Pokémon games since Red/Blue. So sad... anyway, I liked Hoenn but not that much, I liked Johto much more, as well as the 3rd Gen is absolutely NOT my favourite.

Woah, cool your beans.
I've played since the day Red came out! Gen 2 and the Gen 4 remakes of them are by far the best Pokemon games to ever be made, they had a good replayability factor. Gen 3 is the worst Generation so I am really hoping these aren't remakes, maybe they are the new region we've heard about in X & Y.

Another thing, how do they plan on implementing Boutiques and clothing :s

WHAT
I JUST CAME HOME FROM SCHOOL AND SAW THIS
WHAT
WHAT
ADJSJSJKDHACSSKSLSSL

...okay, seriously this was unexpected. I thought they were saving a big game announcement for E3. I guess they'll announce Pokkén there? Then again, they could just wait till E3 for an actual trailer.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXU9Ur9QznE[/video]

This is the first time as a fan of the franchise that I've felt overly excited.

Holy cow they look a lot better than I imagined, and only 6 months away? I'd better prep my living Pokedex for easy access to a potential shiny charm in that game.

Frost Mage said:
Uhh, he's not the one that should be worried about being reported.

I love the art style, I can't wait for them to announce exactly what "new world" means!

R: Team Magma returned, Groundon got the upper hand and now Hoenn has a new set of islands and is far bigger! :D
PS: it now connects Hoenn with Johto (and Sinnoh to the North) and Kanto! :p

Seriously though, I hope to explore some of the smaller islands that could be seen on the map but had no name, namely some between Slateport and Route 110 if I'm not mistaken. It would also be nice to visit the Sevii Islands.

Me catching some pokémon in Emerald the other day, to transfer them all the way to XY, and now this, lol...
I'm a bit reluctant about these remakes or whatever they are simply because I already have my Emerald team with all three of the weather trio trained, and I always use the game mascots... Using Kyogre and Groudon again and letting my old ones fall into oblivion doesn't feel right... not that I have to do that but I don't see the point in training the same pokémon again...
I'm not that excited about these games since Gen 3 was not my favorite gen... people already talking about Sinnoh remakes, I prefer Gen 4 any day even though I play pokémon since the first gen... Nevertheless, this is a nice surprise and I'll most likely buy the games (unless I'm still broke in November)... I'm looking forward to XZ/YZ or just Z though...

Finally, Kyogre and Groudon look cool but if those are their Mega Evos, they are pretty lame... not that different... If they are, I'm expecting a Mega Rayquaza Alpha and a Mega Rayquaza Omega...

pikablu29 said:
RealSlim said:
Looks like I'm the only one here who started play Pokémon games since Red/Blue. So sad... anyway, I liked Hoenn but not that much, I liked Johto much more, as well as the 3rd Gen is absolutely NOT my favourite... I'm happy to read "new world", I really hope these games will show us a new place, maybe a new region... but for now I would like to get an answer for these questions, before concentrate myself to ORAS:

1) Why the hell (in Kalos) 3 power plants on 4 are closed??? What are they hiding??? (***Game Freak let me open them, now!***)
2) What is this "Strange Souvenir"?
3) What is the far away region from which the Strange Souvenir (and who gave it to me) come from?
4) Why there is an unused station in Couriway Town?
5) What is the "far away" region mentioned by Shauna?

I really really (really) think that the answers to the last 4 questions are in this "new world" (read as "new region").

I've been in it since Red and Blue as well and I can definitely agree on Johto being better of the regions too. Maybe it's only us 1st gen players that feel like this. All of your questions are ones I've been wondering about as well. I hope Gamefreak gives us some closure on these things before the new games come out. Maybe on top of Hoenn we get a smaller "new area" that was mentioned by the backpacker that gives you the souvenir. He mentions that it isn't an area we've explored before in previous games. It's possible the item triggers an event of sorts that takes you to a new area/region. I think it's gonna be remakes with upgrades on a few aspects and some new features. I don't think it will be an entirely new story or anything.

I've started with the 1st Generation but I prefer Hoenn because it felt like a truly new game and region. Back then I already liked Grass-type and Johto offered little. I was glad to see a more Japanese-inspired region but Hoenn was just amazing, with a good number and great Grass-Pokémon, a diverse region, great music. While Kanto and Johto seemed bright, Hoenn was a little more dark in its colours and yet it had that marvelous underwater section, a volcano, a desert, an abandoned ship, etc., and most of all, it had secret bases. By Arceus, it was far better than the Underground and it was more diverse: I could pretend to be a mad scientist with a lab in the mountains, a member of Team Aqua with a beach cave or, my favorite, a Leaf Ranger with a base, office and gym in a pile of leaves or the top of a tree!

Last but not least, no more Team Rocket (despite liking them) and two new teams with a mad environmental goal each, not understanding that balance was the key.

PS: also, the Oceanic museum taught me so much, namely why the sea is blue! :D

So it seems like these might actually be some sort of sequel instead of remake which had me thinking about the possible story. Remember back in the original games, you needed those 2 stones in order to awaken Groudon and Kyogre. Well what if the evil team (possibly remnants of Magma and Aqua) used those said stones in order to make Artificial Megastones in order to control the 2 legendaryPokemon. That could explain why they both look cosmetically different from their normal forms but not different physically when compared to the other Mega forms.

As a supplement to what I said earlier:

I love gen 3. It has bright, colorful visuals, an unforgettable soundtrack, and it introduced a lot of new concepts that are still used today.

Gen 3 gave us (in no particular order):

- Double Battles
- Abilities
- Natures
- Hail
- The ability to stack 3 layers of Spikes
- Running
- Overworld weather influencing in-battle weather

I understand that people dislike that the games weren't backwards compatible and they locked out almost half of the Pokedex, but they were necessary restrictions at the time and I think if people were to look at the series with an open mind, they might come to appreciate these two games as I have.

Now as for the remakes...

I'm excited to see what Gamefreak will do with these games. I'm anxious to see how beautiful they can make Hoenn appear in 3D. That said, I don't want them to just make these games a 1-for-1 remake, and no, adding in a few new areas but keeping the same exact plot doesn't mean you don't have a remake. What's wrong with creating a brand new adventure in Hoenn? I know in my heart of hearts that these games are going to be everything I don't want them to be, and that's okay. I'm still gonna buy it and the games are gonna be fun because I am stoked about running around through Hoenn again. I just hate the idea of remakes.

jstar21 said:
So it seems like these might actually be some sort of sequel instead of remake which had me thinking about the possible story. Remember back in the original games, you needed those 2 stones in order to awaken Groudon and Kyogre. Well what if the evil team (possibly remnants of Magma and Aqua) used those said stones in order to make Artificial Megastones in order to control the 2 legendaryPokemon. That could explain why they both look cosmetically different from their normal forms but not different physically when compared to the other Mega forms.

If they're sequels I think it depends what games they take into account - if it follows the events from XY or perhaps B2/W2. I was thinking that perhaps Kyurem freezing Isshu might had some effect on Kyogre and Ground. Perhaps something happened with Mt Pyre and/or the Cave of Origin!?

PS: make Cynthia appear and get together with Steve. Those two seem like they would make a nice couple!

Came home from school and saw this... Heading to the hospital to get some stitches and later call up a contractor to fix my ceiling...

I hope that this is gonna be like G/S and give us a new, amazing, region and still let us travel to Hoenn.
I also hope that Kyogre and Groudon featured on the box aren't Mega-Evolutions and instead like Primal Dialga (granted I know jack diddly squat about Primal Dialga) but cooler. Not every cool Pokémon needs a Mega-Evolution guys.

I knew I recognized these names somewhere... I wanted to make fan-made remakes of these games a few years ago. Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, and Delta Emerald. I'm not sure why, but I just always thought the Omega and Alpha thing fit the two. But then I changed it to Solar Ruby and Lunar Sapphire and possibly Eclipse Emerald since they seemed like more likely official names at the time. Anyway... I honestly hope that it's half remake and half new story. That, and I'd like to see more megas, as well as some more tropical and summer themed clothes.
*imagines Wattson in some summer speedo*
On second thought...

Blakexd9 said:
Fire Red/Leaf Green came with the Wireless Adapter, Heart Gold/Soul Silver came with the Pokewalker, will we see something for these games??

How about something in the shape of a Mega-Stone containing a mini-game necessary for Mega-Evolution?

Leaf_Ranger said:
Blakexd9 said:
Fire Red/Leaf Green came with the Wireless Adapter, Heart Gold/Soul Silver came with the Pokewalker, will we see something for these games??

How about something in the shape of a Mega-Stone containing a mini-game necessary for Mega-Evolution?
... no thanks. You would need an external device to activate an in-battle-mechanic? <_>

If they give us something with it, it would surely be something unique to ORAS.

Press release from Nintendo is out: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/ZhZeErZZbAIdoWg3objrkcue-mIjqIPh

Nintendo's press release said:
The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will launch worldwide in November 2014, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade Pokémon in a new adventure.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the Game Boy Advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.

Be sure to visit Pokemon.com frequently for more Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire news and information that will roll out leading up to the worldwide launch in November.

Conflicting information much? :p

I'll maintain that GF just wouldn't make these remakes. I don't know how much they really care about the story of Pokemon (I think they were pretty proud of BW, so I'd say they care quite a bit, even if it might not show), but I don't think they would bork their timeline, unless they're saying that Poke Transfer is transferring Pokemon back in time to XY's time: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pok%C3%A9mon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-ruby-sapphire-remake-sequel-confirmed?pid=2622679#pid2622679

WOOHOO! About time we get some Hoenn remakes. :D

I actually hope that they're more towards remakes then sequels, Emerald is one of my favorite games ever. However, I wouldn't at all be disappointed if they were full-fledged sequels.

Mmm...
Mega-Groudon Fire/Earth?
Mega-Kyogre Water/Ice?
:p

Mega-Sceptile!!
Mega-Swampert!!
(PLEASE GF)

Back