NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

Matthew Stafford led a valiant charge all by his lonesome, netting me 30+ pts. in one of my FF leagues on NFL.com, I ended up losing by about 15 pts.

I went 0-3 in Week 1 and have some difficult challenges in Week 2. I sure hope I don't end up going 0-2 in all 3 leagues otherwise I'd really be tense and nervous. :(

RE: 2014 PokéBeach NFL Picking Challenge

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
The dolphins lost ;-;
They are my favorite team

Mine too. I'm sick of their inconsistency. What's more, the Jets are wiping the floor with the Packers, and Aaron Rodgers is my fantasy QB for one of my teams. Aargh. He better score some TDs in the second half, and beat the Jets in the process for that matter.

After a weak Week 1 performance, Dallas managed a pretty dominating performance in beating Tennessee. Which is odd because it's an exact opposite of how they opened the last two seasons' first two weeks; having a great Week 1 performance followed up by a poor Week 2 performance.

Hopefully going to see the Pats game in SD later this year, probably the last chance I'll get to see Brady in person. Tickets don't look too expensive :D

This was an awful weekend in general for injuries. In particular, one of my fantasy teams got crushed:

Jamaal Charles - potential high ankle sprain (usually takes a month to recover from)
Mark Ingram - broken hand (out at least a month)
Ryan Mathews - sprained MCL (up to 4-5 weeks)

Tampa Bay 0 Atlanta 56 in the third quarter. Has a certain coach worn out his welcome?

omahanime said:
Tampa Bay 0 Atlanta 56 in the third quarter. Has a certain coach worn out his welcome?

It is only the 3rd game of the season, but this seems like a lost season for the Bucs. They just don't have enough quality players to compete in the NFC South.

omahanime said:

That was an embarrassment. I forgot about the game. It looks I was not alone, the Bucs forgot it too. :p

Could it be the year for the no Super Bowl teams? It might be early, but there are a ton of teams with no Super Bowl wins that look to be very strong contenders. Looks like the Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Bills, Browns, Eagles, Texans, Bengals and Panthers could all turn out to be really good teams down the stretch. If any one of these teams managed to make it to the SB this year, who would you want it to be? I'd like to see the Cardinals close one out after their disappointing loss years ago.

Why is it easy to hate the Chefs?

They were up by 12 with 13 seconds and they drove for a touchdown.

Dallas came back from a 21-point deficit (tied for biggest comeback in team history; 1984 vs. New Orleans and 1999 vs. Washington), and beat St. Louis 34-31.

All 3 were 15 years apart; coincidence...I THINK NOT!

Anyone have any early Super Bowl Predictions?

I think its going to be the Cardinals v. Chargers with Arizona winning and being the first team to host and win a Super Bowl! Added bonus, both teams are from the same divisions as the teams from last year's SB.

What are your thoughts?

Arizona would be a feel-good story for that star-crossed franchise. However, the situation in the NFC is murky. Arizona could be one of those teams to rise to the top, but it's still a little too early to decide.

The AFC is also suffering the same murky situation. Again, it's only been 3 weeks. Plenty of time left to separate contenders from pretenders.

Back