NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

Football is by far my favorite sport, but I dislike how the NFL season goes by so quickly after a 7 month wait for it to start lol. Only 10 more weeks to go after tomorrow's game.

Pats have a tough 9 games left... 6 straight games against playoff-caliber teams, and they close with 3 straight divisional games (which are always tough no matter how bad the AFC East is). Hopefully they go at least 8-1, because that's what it'll probably take to get the #1 seed in the AFC (if Den and SD finish 13-3 or worse).

Tails said:
Dallas wins! 6-1 baby! This team is on a roll, and if they keep this up, they will be a force to be reckoned with come December and playoff time.

Romo deserves to finally make it to a Super Bowl. That said, if the Pats made it to the Super Bowl, I'd feel better about our chances if they went up against Dallas, rather than Seattle or San Francisco lol.

[split] 2014 PokéBeach NFL Picking Challenge

I'm too much of a homer to not vote against Dallas versus the Cards. :(

Arizona is a good team and it should be a good game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas playing with a chip on their shoulder.

RE: 2014 PokéBeach NFL Picking Challenge

Blech, Dallas should've never taken the field. They embarrassed themselves the entire game, save for the pick-6 early in the game.

*facepalms*

Dallas played well defensively, probably would've won if Romo was healthy.

Wonder what excuse Manning/Denver fans have now lol :cool:

omahanime said:
Tails said:
San Antonio Raiders.

If they move, I doubt they would still be the Raiders.
1. Would Oakland sue to retain the name, like Cleveland?
2. After the Oilers moved, they changed their name.
3. There is the Texas Tech Red Raiders, would a second team in Texas with Raiders in the name cause issues?

They maintained their name from Los Angeles as the Raiders. The LA Rams kept their name when they moved to St. Louis. The Colts held their name when they moved to Indy from Baltimore. Its not unheard of to take your name with you when you move.

Jeremy1026 said:
omahanime said:
If they move, I doubt they would still be the Raiders.
1. Would Oakland sue to retain the name, like Cleveland?
2. After the Oilers moved, they changed their name.
3. There is the Texas Tech Red Raiders, would a second team in Texas with Raiders in the name cause issues?

They maintained their name from Los Angeles as the Raiders. The LA Rams kept their name when they moved to St. Louis. The Colts held their name when they moved to Indy from Baltimore. Its not unheard of to take your name with you when you move.

True, but that is the older method.

Rams
Cleveland Rams (1937–1945)
Los Angeles Rams (1946–1994)

Raiders
Los Angeles (1982–1994)

Colts
1953–1983: Baltimore

Cleveland Browns (1946–95)
Ravens
1996-

Oilers
Houston 1960-1996
Tennessee 1997 1998
Titans 1999-

Montreal Expos
1969-2004
Washington Nationals (2005-Present)

Except for Oilers after the move, it seems like it is fashionable to change name. All the better to sell more merchandise.

If Raiders move I could see Oakland suing for the Raider name.

omahanime said:
True, but that is the older method.
Rams
Cleveland Rams (1937–1945)
Los Angeles Rams (1946–1994)

Raiders

Los Angeles (1982–1994)

Colts
1953–1983: Baltimore

Cleveland Browns (1946–95)
Ravens
1996-

Oilers
Houston 1960-1996
Tennessee 1997 1998
Titans 1999-

Montreal Expos
1969-2004
Washington Nationals (2005-Present)

Except for Oilers after the move, it seems like it is fashionable to change name. All the better to sell more merchandise.

If Raiders move I could see Oakland suing for the Raider name.

You also forgot the Cardinals

1920-1960: Chicago Cardinals
1960-1988: St. Louis (Football) Cardinals
1988-1994: Phoenix Cardinals
1994-Present: Arizona Cardnals

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/07/oakland-raiders-move-san-antonio

woop woop

This is what a lot of us suspected was happening, but it was still concerning, to say the least. The Raiders in somewhere other than CA is a horrible idea.

I have some friends that are Tampa Bay fans. They are on the verge of unspeakable acts. Under the last year's bad coach which they hated they were 4-12, now under their new coach they are 2-10 and not looking like they will improve over last years results.

Back