NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

Plattym3 said:
Tails said:
There could be a max of 8 coaches being fired during the offseason (Oakland, NY Giants, NY Jets, Washington, Detroit, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Atlanta). Dallas (Jason Garrett) and Detroit (Jim "May the Schwartz be with you" Schwartz) hinging upon finishing strong and getting into the playoffs.
If there is a Santa Clause, he'll carry Schiano out of Tampa Bay in his sack and never bring him back. I really hope that guy is one of 8 fired. I have over 800 fans on my Fire Schiano facebook page and can't say enough about how much I despise him. Been going to games since the early 80s and haven't felt this unsure of which direction the organization is going for a while now.

Glad to see both the Cowboys and Giants struggle this year ;-)

You may get your wish

Fox Sports said:
The day began with story in The Tennessean which said Titans head coach Mike Munchak told reporters the day before his thoughts on a recent report he was interested in the Penn State job:

"I did not reach out to anybody, and nobody did on my behalf. And I don’t have an agent," Munchak, a Penn State alum, said of the report in the Patriot-News about his interest in coaching the Nittany Lions. "They have a coach there, and I have a job here. So it’s just not true. I don’t think there is any merit to any of the three of us, I’m sure."

That Patriot-News report went so far as to say that Munchak and at least three other high-profile coaches "have had their intermediaries inquire about the Penn State job, curious about the chances it might come open". The Patriot-News identified two of those other coaches as Vanderbilt head coach James Franklin and Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano.

Well the Saints gotta beat the Bucs or get a Cardinals loss to make the playoffs. I'm feeling good about my chances :p

Well, Romo had back surgery, the long season is finally over. Orton's a decent QB, but he'll have to dig deep and channel his inner Clint Longley and Jason Garrett for Dallas to win the game.

Tails said:
Well, Romo had back surgery, the long season is finally over. Orton's a decent QB, but he'll have to dig deep and channel his inner Clint Longley and Jason Garrett for Dallas to win the game.

On the NFL they have a video where in the last 5 minutes of a game, they show Orton throws half as many passes, twice the rate of TD's, and half as many INT's as Romo.

Plattym3 said:
Thank you Jesus, Santa Claus, and Penn State!

NFL.com said:
Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien to Houston, Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano to Happy Valley?
Published: Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:31 a.m. | 32,713 Views
02:20 – Michael Silver and Ian Rapoport report Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien is the leading candidate for the Houston Texans coaching job with Penn State eyeing Tampa Bay head coach Greg Schiano to replace O'Brien.

Re: RE: NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

omahanime said:
Plattym3 said:
Thank you Jesus, Santa Claus, and Penn State!

NFL.com said:
Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien to Houston, Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano to Happy Valley?
Published: Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:31 a.m. | 32,713 Views
02:20 – Michael Silver and Ian Rapoport report Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien is the leading candidate for the Houston Texans coaching job with Penn State eyeing Tampa Bay head coach Greg Schiano to replace O'Brien.

Sadly ESPN has been reporting all day that Schiano won't get fired. Today's game might change that. Then again, if Penn State offers the same salary, Schiano might go. I think coaching college football is the perfect job. Those guys can keep their jobs for decades as long as they don't have a horrible season.

Tails said:

No such luck.

Cowboys lost again woohoo! I was actually in a way hoping they'd win though so the Saints could whoop up on them again. Anyway the Saints defense better be good next week because Nick Foles is a great quarterback.

So the Browns fired Coach Chud. I think thats a new record; shortest season as browns head coach (16 games).

MountainDrew said:
Cowboys lost again woohoo! I was actually in a way hoping they'd win though so the Saints could whoop up on them again. Anyway the Saints defense better be good next week because Nick Foles is a great quarterback.

I thought you were pulling for for the Cowboys because you rather play in Dallas than Philadelphia.

Even in a loss Tony Romo can be blamed.

Panthers had a lot of luck winning today. Really glad that Atlanta is a short drive because our fans at the game disrupted the communication on the final drive with so much noise lol.

I don't know why Dallas folds their cards when the games really matter. 2-12 in Week 17 since 2000. Lost 4 straight "Win-and-in" games since 2008. 136-136 since 1997.

The team just can't play good when the games really matter. It's clearly a structural issue, and it's going to take many years to fix. It's going to be another long offseason, like last year.

Blech.

Plattym3 said:

Sadly ESPN has been reporting all day that Schiano won't get fired. Today's game might change that. Then again, if Penn State offers the same salary, Schiano might go. I think coaching college football is the perfect job. Those guys can keep their jobs for decades as long as they don't have a horrible season.

FOX Sports said:
Schiano did some eyebrow-raising things in his two seasons in Tampa, including a very public falling out and dumping of former quarterback Josh Freeman. Although Schiano came out looking good in the wake of that mess, it wasn't enough to save his job as he and GM Mark Dominik were fired on Monday.

Re: RE: NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

Familiar said:
Plattym3 said:

FOX Sports said:
Schiano did some eyebrow-raising things in his two seasons in Tampa, including a very public falling out and dumping of former quarterback Josh Freeman. Although Schiano came out looking good in the wake of that mess, it wasn't enough to save his job as he and GM Mark Dominik were fired on Monday.

Yep, it's been like 2nd Christmas in the household today!

Now time to root for the Patriots to please my wife this postseason. Wonder who we'll look for as a new coach.

RogueChomp said:
We need to do some sort of competition to guess the playoffs. Any ideas?

Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts
New Orleans Saints at Philadelphia Eagles
San Diego Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals
San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers

omahanime said:
RogueChomp said:
We need to do some sort of competition to guess the playoffs. Any ideas?

Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts
New Orleans Saints at Philadelphia Eagles
San Diego Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals
San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers

I meant the results and overall. :p

Predictions:
Kansas City Chiefs < Indianapolis Colts
New Orleans Saints > Philadelphia Eagles
San Diego Chargers < Cincinnati Bengals
San Francisco 49ers < Green Bay Packers

Back