NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

That Giants game was so close >.> The Giants really beat themselves up with all of those penalties and Eli's HORRIBLE throws. IMO Dallas will win the division, but I'm hoping the Eagles and Cowboys just lose every game so that the Giants still have a microscopic shot at being a contender.

I just noticed that people call the Cowboys "Dallas" more than the Cowboys.

Dallas almost blew the game, like they've done so many times in the past. -_-

Dallas now plays Matt McGloin and the Raiders on Turkey Day, the last time these two faced was in 2009, also on Turkey Day. Dallas won 24-7.

RogueChomp said:
I just noticed that people call the Cowboys "Dallas" more than the Cowboys.

I think people usually just say the city name (like 'Dallas') more then the secondary name ('Cowboys') or the whole team name ('Dallas Cowboys').

It's simpler and easier to say, I guess. *shrugs*

Dallas overcame a slow start, and a 14-point 2nd quarter deficit to beat the Oakland Raiders, 31-24.

The game did not start out well, giving up a fumble on the opening kickoff and 12 seconds later finding themselves down 7-0.

Dallas' run defense did a decent job containing a potent Raiders rushing attack, although they did allow two really close scores to Rashad Jennings.

However, the pass defense is pitiful, making Matt McGloin look like Tom Brady (I'm not knocking McGloin, he has the potential to be a serviceable QB, but...it's just Dallas's defense can make any QB look good!).

What do you guys think about Mike Tomlin stepping onto the field to cause Jacoby Jones to change direction leading to him getting tackled?

I saw that. That was SO shady it wasn't even funny. The Ravens still won, but he deserves to be penalized. That could have easily turned into more points for the Ravens.

Eagles and Dallas won sooooooo bye bye Giants slim playoff hopes.

The Chiefs (9-3) and the Ravens (6-6) are still the Wild Card pick for the NFL Playoffs while the Broncos lead 10-2 in their division cause ya know Peyton Manning. The 3 teams that I think will come close to making the Super Bowl this season will most likely be the Broncos, the Patriots, and the Saints (maybe).

Aaand...with Keenan Allen saving me in one league, and Peyton Manning in another, I've finished first in two of my fantasy leagues.

Today was a good day.

The Saints played terrible against the Seahawks, but I have a good feeling they will come out playing strong against the Panthers :)

I'm pulling for Detroit to have a field day against the Eagles' secondary. Philadelphia's secondary is giving up 300.1 PYPG (Passing Yards Per Game); which is a league-high. I think Philadelphia will have to fall flat at least one of these games. If it's not against Detroit, I sure hope it's Week 17 in Jerry World against Dallas, in probably the defacto NFC East Championship.

Also, Stafford is on my fantasy team, so I'm pulling extra for a big stat line from him. ;)

I'm from the Northeast (Pennsylvania) and the only 2 games that are on right now are Steelers-Dolphins and Eagles-Lions. Its snowing so bad its hard to tell whats even going on xD

My mom is a Dolphins fan, and she was in disbelief when the hook n lateral went for a Touchdown until they said it was out of bounds. Phew too close for comfort.

Giants are OFFICIALLY out, Seahawks lost for once, Eagles somehow win, Patriots keep making freaking comebacks, and the Titans choke against the Broncos.

Suckish week so far, Panthers better win.

That final Steelers play though. 0.0

Edit: And of course, the Panthers are losing >.>

I have a feeling the NFC East will end like this:
1. Eagles 11-5 or 10-6, more confident in it being 11-5
2. Cowboys 8-8
3. Giants 6-10
4. Redskins 3-13

Dallas' secondary...has there ever been a worse 4-man starting unit in NFL history? Probably not. Carr has underperformed, Scandrick is terrible in coverage, Jeff Heath also can't cover, although he can make Scandrick look like Darrell Revis with his pitiful attempt at "coverage". Morris Claiborne can't stay healthy and he wasn't worth the trade up to get him. All in all, this secondary probably couldn't ever cover the best offenses in college. They are that bad.

It's at least 5-10 YAC before any DB even gets within fart-sniffing distance of a wide receiver. By that time, the WR has pretty much 6 pts. locked up. And don't even get me started on that horrible thing they call a rush defense. It's completely non-existent.

It's partially injuries and partially Monte Kiffin's now archaic Tampa 2 scheme. It's been exploitable this season, and when opposing offenses got the ability to exploit it; they've exploited it like nobody's business.

The 2014 NFL Draft, not a single player from an offensive skill position (sans any OL players) should be drafted by Dallas. It should be all defense with every single one of their picks. Dallas needs DB depth and help, DL depth and help and more depth at LB.

Sean Lee and DeMarcus Ware have been the only bright spots for the defense, and both at one time were out with injuries. Jerry may have backed Monte Kiffin, but he knows this will be Monte's "one-night stand" in Big D. He's not going to be around next season, he just didn't want to come out and directly say that.

RE: The PB LGBT(QIAP+) Discussion Thread

First of all, I have to say that I love this thread! <3
I personally think that being gay is not a choice. I've been with my wife for almost ten years now and sure, before her I dated a few men. It didn't feel right to me at all and never lasted very long. Though, admitting that dating a man didn't feel right to my father was almost shameful to me. He is christian and always bashed on gay marriage and gay rights. So when I started dating my now wife, it was a big ordeal. Still to this day, after ten years, he still isn't convinced and thinks in a "phase".
True love knows no boundaries. People should stop complaining on straight and gay and start falling in love for the person and who they are, rather than what is in their pants.
I wouldn't consider myself a "lesbian" and I wouldn't consider myself "bisexual." I would say I'm more Pansexual. I don't care who the person is, what they look like, where they come from or what is in their pants. I love them for them. For their personalities.

Back