NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

MountainDrew said:
The saints are gonna win next year and u guys all know it.

Heck yeah man! Who dat all the way! I know we had a tough season last year but we've got Payton back. Gonna win it all again!

Chrono said:
MountainDrew said:
The saints are gonna win next year and u guys all know it.

Heck yeah man! Who dat all the way! I know we had a tough season last year but we've got Payton back. Gonna win it all again!

I think me and u will get along great on this site.

omahanime said:
evilpacman said:
I usually root for the teams that have less (or no) Superbowl wins.

Who would you root for in a Vikings, and Bills Super Bowl?

Haha, that would be a good one. I would probably root for Vikings in that case. I have a friend that is a big Vikings fan and I dont know anyone who likes the Bills.

evilpacman said:
omahanime said:
Who would you root for in a Vikings, and Bills Super Bowl?

Haha, that would be a good one. I would probably root for Vikings in that case. I have a friend that is a big Vikings fan and I dont know anyone who likes the Bills.

Didnt the Bills lose like 4 Super Bowls in a row in the 1980s lol

As much as a hate it, but I think it's clear:

Seahawks 2013.

And Flacco should definatly not gotten MVP. Ed Reed or Ray Rice should've IMO. He's so inconsistent, and now there's no doubt the Ravens will franchise-tag him. Also oh yea RGIII got Rookie of the year!

Smeargle said:

Seahawks 2013.

And Flacco should definatly not gotten MVP. Ed Reed or Ray Rice should've IMO. He's so inconsistent, and now there's no doubt the Ravens will franchise-tag him. Also oh yea RGIII got Rookie of the year!

Ray Rice didnt do crap in the Super Bowl. He had 20 carries for 59 yards and a fumble. Flacco played a good game, but I wouldve gave it to Jacoby Jones. He had a 56 yard catch and a 108 yard kickoff return.

MountainDrew said:
Smeargle said:

Seahawks 2013.

Ray Rice didnt do crap in the Super Bowl. Flacco played a good game, but I wouldve gave it to Jacoby Jones. He had a 56 yard catch and a 108 yard kickoff return.

MVP isn't just about who did better in the Super Bowl, it's about the whole season. I didn't mention Ray Lewis because he was injured for most of it, and throughout the season Joe Flacco was ...pretty bad compared to other QB's. Jacoby Jones shouldn't have gotten it IMO because throughout just about the whole season Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith have overshadowed (for a reason) him. Ray Rice also wasn't good in the Super Bowl (fumble) but better in the regular season. Just my two cents.

What a crazy game. I'm glad that the Ravens won in the end, (go AFC), but I was pretty flaky on the what-should-have-been holding at the end there...regardless, I wasn't sure why the 49ers decided to pass when Kaepernick was averaging like seven or eight yards a rush. Something like that.

It's going to be another long offseason for me. Dallas once again laid an egg in December, but in recent years; when didn't they?

Jerry Jones needs to admit he's the problem in Big D; not Garrett, or Romo, or the recently departed Rob Ryan. 8-8 will not cut it. Sure, he's frustrated, and he admitted 'changes are coming' and 'it will be uncomfortable around here', but he also needs to include his position as GM in the 'changes are coming' department. Heck, get his son Stephen in there early, he'll more then likely be the GM when Jerry passes away, or can't run the team for health-related reasons.

Stephen Jones could be the savior in Dallas, considering how ironic he's cut from the same cloth his father came from, it'd be uncomfortable down in Dallas/Arlington for sure.

MountainDrew said:
Didnt the Bills lose like 4 Super Bowls in a row in the 1980s lol

Bills lost Super Bowls XXV through XXVIII (25 through 28) from 1991 to 1994.

Bills lost Super Bowls XXV through XXVIII (25 through 28) from 1991 to 1994.

and I thought Wisconsin losing 3 Rose Bowls was bad. rofl

I'm also glad the Ravens won. (Year of the birds! Kacaw!) Nice to see a great like Ray Lewis end his career on a high note.

Joe Flacco MVP LOLOLOLOLOLOL

TPO3 said:
I'm also glad the Ravens won. (Year of the birds! Kacaw!) Nice to see a great like Ray Lewis end his career on a high note.

While I think it's a little cliche that Ray went out on top, you can't argue against the fact the Ravens got hot at the right time and played their best football at the right time to win it all.

Rainbow Dash said:
TPO3 said:

While I think it's a little cliche that Ray went out on top, you can't argue against the fact the Ravens got hot at the right time and played their best football at the right time to win it all.

Yeah the ravens were like the giants from last year

MountainDrew said:

Yeah, I have to begrudgingly admit the Giants got hot going into the playoffs rolled Atlanta, Green Bay and San Francisco to get to Super Bowl XLVI.

I say begrudgingly because I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys fan, if my first post didn't state so enough. I can't stand when the other teams in the NFC East can get into the playoffs and win, while the team I love and root for with all my heart has one playoff win in the last 17 years. 17 years.

Rainbow Dash said:
MountainDrew said:

Yeah, I have to begrudgingly admit the Giants got hot going into the playoffs rolled Atlanta, Green Bay and San Francisco to get to Super Bowl XLVI.

I say begrudgingly because I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys fan, if my first post didn't state so enough. I can't stand when the other teams in the NFC East can get into the playoffs and win, while the team I love and root for with all my heart has one playoff win in the last 17 years. 17 years.

Dont worry the Cowboys will get to the playoffs one of these years. There a competative team, but they just cant seem to get the job done.

MountainDrew said:
Dont worry the Cowboys will get to the playoffs one of these years. There a competative team, but they just cant seem to get the job done.

People want to blame Romo instinctively because he choked in big games before ('06 in Seattle, '07 against New York Giants), but the other players can't pick up the slack at times, and it forces Romo to do too much and he ends up making boneheaded moves more times then not.

Smeargle said:
Not to mention the famous 2 TD 3 INT against the Redsins week 17.

3rd interception was inexcusable. Then again, neither was Jason Hatcher's roughing the passer penalty against RGIII. Basically, it pretty much gave Washington 6 points, and put the game out of reach.

Rainbow Dash said:
MountainDrew said:

I would love to say that they were similar, but I just can't. If you look at the last four games of the regular season for both teams, they couldn't be more different. The Ravens ended the season 1-3, while the Giants ended theirs 3-1. There's a difference between having momentum and then winning four playoff games and having sheer luck and winning four playoff games. Just IMO.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Rainbow Dash said:

I would love to say that they were similar, but I just can't. If you look at the last four games of the regular season for both teams, they couldn't be more different. The Ravens ended the season 1-3, while the Giants ended theirs 3-1. There's a difference between having momentum and then winning four playoff games and having sheer luck and winning four playoff games. Just IMO.

dmaster out.

I think they only really lucked out against the Bronco's and they played very well against them offensively.

Back