TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: Three years! UPDATE: SPACE and TIME and BIRDS! (7/21/13)

I'd love that, Reggie. Thanks!

Unfezantm.png
Unfezantf.png

Breaking tradition here, as I've not made a male/female distinction prior to this. The difference, I think, is that the male/female Unfezant are supposed to be good at different things, rather than just an aesthetic change (i.e. the only other Pokémon to have gender-based box sprites, the Jellicent line).

CMP said:
I'd love that, Reggie. Thanks!

Unfezantm.png
Unfezantf.png

Breaking tradition here, as I've not made a male/female distinction prior to this. The difference, I think, is that the male/female Unfezant are supposed to be good at different things, rather than just an aesthetic change (i.e. the only other Pokémon to have gender-based box sprites, the Jellicent line).

Good cards once again.

Which cards do you want me to make spoilers for?

Nod3 said:
What's a spoiler?

It's when you tell a person what the card's attacks and abilities should be for a card that's not made yet

EXAMPLE: Let's say I'm going to make a bulbasaur card. My friend bob tells me that the card should have 50 HP and 1 attack, vine whip for 20 damage. The cost of vine whip is one grass energy. Bob just gave me a spoiler for the bulbasaur card.

Oh. If I were to give spoilers for attacks I've invented and forgotten due to laziness to write it down or lost sheets of paper, I'd probably cover every single card past, future, and present. (not really)

RE: Neo Redux: Three years! UPDATE: Rescue dog! (7/22/13)

Stoutland.png

Great news...I have less than 30 Pokémon for each region remaining (14 for Kanto, 17 for Johto, 17 for Hoenn, 18 for Sinnoh, and 14 Unova monsters)! That is, to have 1 of each Pokémon done (not including formes). If I keep up the pace, I'll finish prior to the release of XY.

EDIT:
Metagross.png

DNA credits for Metagross (and Luxray below) spoiler(s)!

EDIT2:

neo_redux_367_368__huntail_and_gorebyss_by_ilkcmp-d6enopm.png
Luxray.png

Yesterday's recap...8 cards done: Forretress, Whiscash, Huntail, Gorebyss, Metagross, Luxray, Lucario, Stoutland. Today's recap: Weavile, Lampent, Chandelure, and Larvesta! Only 80 to go!

RE: Neo Redux: Three years! UPDATE: Some UNOWN update! (7/24/13)

The prep work for this took WAY longer than I had hoped (font sizes, etc) but I'm pleased with the result!

Decided to start with R since it was the only original Unown form that didn't get a card in the WotC days!

UnownR.png

EDIT:
Politoed.png
DNA<3<6<9

Also posted today: Unown A, Unown B, Unown C, Smeargle, Mismagius, Beartic.

RE: Neo Redux: 107 to go! UPDATE: Some UNOWN update! Water frog included! (7/24/13)

You're only allowed 4 Unown cards total in your deck, as listed at the top of the card...

...but that makes Unown A and B's Pokemon Powers useless. A requires 6 Unown, and B requires 5.

Maybe you need to rethink those spoilers a little bit? :p

RE: Neo Redux: 107 to go! UPDATE: Some UNOWN update! Water frog included! (7/24/13)

DNA said:
You're only allowed 4 Unown cards total in your deck, as listed at the top of the card...

...but that makes Unown A and B's Pokemon Powers useless. A requires 6 Unown, and B requires 5.

Didn't even cross my mind. Decmaster sent me the spoilers a long time ago. Oh well, looks like Unown is just as useless in Redux TCG land as it is in the VG! Time to rid the cards of the Unown rule!

CMP said:
DNA said:

Didn't even cross my mind. Decmaster sent me the spoilers a long time ago. Oh well, looks like Unown is just as useless in Redux TCG land as it is in the VG! Time to rid the cards of the Unown rule!

Why not do what nintendo with arceus in dppt - you can have as many of this card as you like.

RE: Neo Redux: Countdown from 100! UPDATE: Pouring and walrus-ing! (7/26/13)

Superb idea Noddeh, thanks!

Anyway, guys, I reached a milestone today which I never would've thought would happen...only 100 cards left to go until at least 1 card is completed of each Pokémon! Counting existing form(e)s, promos and Energy cards, I'm around 617 cards completed in total for the set. I think it's gotta set some kind of faking record, yeah?

Today's cards...new: Unown D, Beautifly, Dustox, Walrein, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Simipour; update: Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Piloswine, Wurmple, countless others...I decided to include Burned as a Status Condition, as it was technically one during WotC-era (e-card) and I was tired of using a long description whenever I would use Char counters.

RE: Neo Redux: Countdown from 100! UPDATE: Pouring and walrus-ing! (7/26/13)

Oh yeah? Well I'm doing that too but with extra cards such as magikarp swarm!

But I'll never finish it because I'm not as good as you.

RE: Neo Redux: Countdown from 100! UPDATE: Mantine, Togetic, Volcarona! (7/27/13)

All it takes is crazy perseverance (and an unnatural drive to completion)!

Ursaring.png
Mantine.png

Also new today...Togekiss and Volcarona. Edited today...Togetic. Only 93 to go!

RE: Neo Redux: Countdown from 100! UPDATE: Almost under 20 for each region! (7/27/13)

You should seriously do the wurmple line ^^

I was also confused about kite flying until I realized it was a baby.

RE: Neo Redux: Countdown from 100! UPDATE: Almost under 20 for each region! (7/27/13)

I've done Wurmple, Beautifly, and Dustox already. I have half completed Cascoon art that's been kind of sitting in my art folder for literally a year and a half. I want to do the Silcoon art too so those won't be released until art is completed. But there ya go, 3 out of 5 done. :)

RE: Neo Redux: 90 to go! UPDATE: Under 20 for each region! (7/28/13)

Also, what's with the gold evolution line on the Mantine card? Is it missing or is it normally like that?

SwindleCSX said:
How did you get them printed -new question

None were printed. It's all Photoshop. I think I need a disclaimer... :)

GoobieDoob said:
Also, what's with the gold evolution line on the Mantine card? Is it missing or is it normally like that?

The "also" in your post confuses me as you didn't say anything before it. Anyway, if you check the other cards it's just something unique to the set. Since there's nothing normally on TCG Basic Pokémon that can evolve from something that indicates their prior stage, I though it would be visually interesting. There's no bar because Stage 1 cards have a single bar while Stage 2 cards have two...so naturally, I figured Basic Pokémon that could evolve wouldn't have one at all.

Great fakes CMP! I enjoy viewing these cards. Thanks for the great inspiration.

Back