TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: 71 to go! UPDATE: Curlipede and some sea slugs! (8/7/13)

Kangaflora said:
Flame Claw said:
These cards are obviously fake; everyone knows Lugia is a Water type.

Looks good, but the texture doesn't quite blend under the W/R/RC text :D

Wrong, Flame Claw. Lugia's type is Psychic/Flying; the TCG (unfortunately) had incorrectly depicted it as a Water type during the HGSS era cards.

In which I remember that jokes don't work on the internet.

Whirlipede looks good!

RE: Neo Redux: 68 to go! UPDATE: Johto Stage 1s! (8/11/13)

My sister's wedding [long] weekend has come to a close, so updates should be a bit more regular again!

I've now had to split my post up into two as the first was getting too long...crazy! Only 68 to go, and hopefully they'll be done sooner than later.

One thing to note is that right now, I don't plan on making Mega Pokémon. I'll see how they're handled in the TCG, but if they're really just a VG version of LV. X cards, then I'll be leaving them alone...it would be too much work to edit the set numbers for Blaziken, Mewtwo, etc. (making them ____a/???). The only thing that makes me hesitate is that they have their own Sugimori artwork, and for the most part that's how I've handled forms (the exception being Frillish/Jellicent). Oh well, we'll see how it goes!

RE: Neo Redux: 66 to go! UPDATE: Johto Stage 1s and a note about Mega Evolution (8/11/13)

Well, I tried. Maybe they'll be incorporated into Redux...who knows. Promo for now!

Seeing them like this makes me like Megas a little more.

Megablaziken.png

So here's the breakdown. Three bars (zero = Basic, one = Stage 1, two = Stage 2, three = Mega). Regular name because "Mega ____" doesn't look great. Not a true evolution in the VG, so the name doesn't change. All the Mega Pokémon will have a limiting power...same power, different name. You devolve the Mega Pokémon once any Pokémon in play is Knocked Out. Powerful, but I haven't figured out the perfect power levels...I'm thinking power levels will be akin to regular cards in today's format (since you'll need to evolve three times to get to this point). But again...things are subject to change, especially once we see how Megas are handled in the TCG.

RH because why not. More holo compared to Stage 2.

RE: Neo Redux: 66 to go! UPDATE: MEGA BLAZIKEN! (8/12/13)

Reverse galaxy holos are so gorgeous!

The card overall looks really, really nice. I could see something like this really being a Neo-era promo.

I really like how you've incorporated the Mega mechanic, but I think "Fizzle Out" should be more of a rule than a Pokémon Power (similar to the Baby rule). Since its name is still Blaziken, the wording is a little confusing, though it is technically correct. To me, it makes it sound like you devolve both Blaziken cards. Maybe it could be something like "When a Pokémon in play is Knocked Out (yours or your opponent's), devolve the Mega Pokémon and put the Mega Pokémon into your hand."

Nekoban Ryo said:
Reverse galaxy holos are so gorgeous!

The card overall looks really, really nice. I could see something like this really being a Neo-era promo.

I really like how you've incorporated the Mega mechanic, but I think "Fizzle Out" should be more of a rule than a Pokémon Power (similar to the Baby rule). Since its name is still Blaziken, the wording is a little confusing, though it is technically correct. To me, it makes it sound like you devolve both Blaziken cards. Maybe it could be something like "When a Pokémon in play is Knocked Out (yours or your opponent's), devolve the Mega Pokémon and put the Mega Pokémon into your hand."

Thanks!

Yeah, I was definitely toying with the idea of making it a rule, but I wasn't completely sure how to design it. Probably something like a Baby Pokémon, with the regular Pokémon in the evo circle..."Devolves to ____" I'll try my luck at a redesign!

*_* So shiny...
I do think that Mega Pokémon should be a rule instead of a Power, as that would probably make it easier to understand. Great work as always!

How's this?

Blazikenmega.png

Much Better. The rule makes it clearer than the Power could have.
Mega Ampharos next!

Yes, that is great.

Do you make trainer cards? Because I was thinking you can add a new item called "DNA bracelet". The effect is you search your deck for 1 mega pokemon and put it in your hand" I know you like the Neo era, but it would be a good ace spec.

Hmm...sounds like it could be interesting, S34! Never made an Ace spec card before, though I suppose I could always just make it a Neo Trainer promo for the set with a rule about only have 1 in your deck.

I was contemplating this very thing in the TCG, and I think the balance factor would be better if, instead of returning the Mega Pokemon card to your hand, it gets shuffled into the deck.

RE: Neo Redux: 64 to go! UPDATE: MEGA BLAZIKEN! And poison ghost. (8/12/13)

The update is Absol-utely perfect!

(This pun would have worked better for a MegaAbsol card...)

RE: Neo Redux: 63 to go! UPDATE: MEGA BLAZIKEN! And poison ghost. (8/12/13)

Thanks, guys, for the feedback!

Not sure if I'll be doing any more Megas until we learn a bit more about them (unless I find some great art), but Blaziken was sure fun to do. I also edited the rule so that you shuffle it back into your deck (as per DNA).

Any suggestions as to how I should go about including them in the set? Make them ___b/???, a separate subset (a la shinies in DPPt), or just keep them as promos? I'd like to avoid promos if possible in order to keep them in vague Pokédex order.

RE: Neo Redux: 63 to go! UPDATE: MEGA BLAZIKEN! And poison ghost. (8/12/13)

CMP said:
Thanks, guys, for the feedback!

Not sure if I'll be doing any more Megas until we learn a bit more about them (unless I find some great art), but Blaziken was sure fun to do. I also edited the rule so that you shuffle it back into your deck (as per DNA).

Any suggestions as to how I should go about including them in the set? Make them ___b/???, a separate subset (a la shinies in DPPt), or just keep them as promos? I'd like to avoid promos if possible in order to keep them in vague Pokédex order.

Say you have a Mega Absol card, make it #359.2 (Basically a subset via shinies???)

RE: Neo Redux: 61 to go! UPDATE: MEGA BLAZIKEN! And others... (8/12/13)

Yeah, I think something like 150b/??? would work. Or maybe something like 150Ω/??? or 150/Ω, since Omega has "mega" in it and MegaMewtwo's "handle" looks like the symbol.

EDITED

RE: Neo Redux: 61 to go! UPDATE: MEGA BLAZIKEN! And others... (8/12/13)

Ooh...I'm loving the Omega idea, Alex! Very cool, especially the "___/Ω"... and it would set the Mega Evolutions apart from the other forms with letter subnumbers. Thanks a ton!

RE: Neo Redux: 59 to go! UPDATE: Final 10 Kanto monsters...vote! (8/13/13)

Okay, so we're down to the final 10 Kanto monsters (and 12 or under for most regions).

We have...
  • Slowbro
  • Chansey
  • Mr. Mime
  • Jynx
  • Gyarados
  • Vaporeon
  • Jolteon
  • Flareon
  • Dragonite
  • Mew

Now, I think I'll be saving the Eeveelutions for the end (knocking out 3 of the 10 Kanto monsters). So, with the seven available Pokémon remaining, who would you like to see most?

Haha...I actually meant which of the seven Kanto Pokémon left to do. Sorry for not clarifying well enough.

Oh right, in that case... Dragonite.

Back