TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
RE: Nekoban's Random Cards

Okay, okay, time to get serious again.

special_mew.png

The Japanese text at the bottom says "this card cannot be used," mostly because how vague the 2nd attack's effect is. However, if a player really wanted to use it, I'm sure the players can come up with some kind of agreement as to how the random damage/effects are determined (coin flips, dice rolls, etc.).

Cronomew is an evil counterpart to Mew. If you've watched the Japanese version of the first Pokemon movie or translated the Ancient Mew card, they both ask a question: is Mew a god/angel or a devil/evil? I'm gonna pretend that the devil/evil one is Antimew. Antimew can only be seen by those with the darkest of hearts that have a strong desire to see Mew. However, their wish will never come true. They may be tricked into believing they see Mew, but, in reality, it will be Antimew. Mew is the beginning of life, Antimew is the end. Antimew is rumored to have the power to call upon the Apocalypse.

And yes, I'm aware that promo cards don't have a rarity or card number in "#/Total" format. Can't really say why I did it to this one.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

A new Sneasel card all for me! =D

Alex_Sneasel.jpg

Thanks to CMP for the badge (and, as noted on the card, the blank - modified by me) and xellaya @dA for the trainer icon of my Pokemon OC.
Credit to myself for the illustration. I must say, this is probably the best Sneasel I've ever drawn.

Trust me.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Absolutely fantastic! Balanced, and great illustration. Simple, but it's a cool style that works great with the card.

Oh, and nice badge. ;)

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

Thank you. Yeah, the illustration is really simple. I didn't even bother to shade it. Of course, That's mostly because I was trying to base the style on that of Sumiyoshi Kizuki.

Yeah, the badge is awesome! Don't you wish you could make something like that? XDD
We'd be lost without you. :)

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

EDIT: Tried to fix the foil:
Alex_Sneasel_4.jpg

Made another card using a tweaked version of the illustration. I kind of "cheated" on this one, though:
Sneasel_remake.jpg

I simply used an official Sneasel card, but replaced the picture and Illustrator's name.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

My very first Ancient-style fake (well, aside from my very unofficial-looking Ancient Abra):

ancient_celebi_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d2xx93l.png

Art and blank by me. Distorted the final product slightly.

I was originally going to make this card more useful, but I ran out of room for the effect text and couldn't be bothered to go back and shrink the attack name text.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Very cool, bro. Fits in perfect with Ancient Mew!

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black

I love the Celebi bud ;) I don't suppose that a translation is possible (unless it's gibberish like my Rick Astley card ;)) eh mate? Good card.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

@CMP: Thanks. That was my goal, though it's nowhere near perfect. Of course, how many Ancient fakes do you see out there?

@FC: Thanks. Actually, a translation is totally possible, but once translated, you'll see just how bad it really is.

Celebi HP40 {P}
{P}{P} Timetravel
Return Celebi to your deck.
Timetravel
Good Harvest God
Weakness {R}
Resistance
Retreat Cost {C}{C}

The effect of the attack was going to be "Flip a coin. If heads, remove all damage counters and Special Conditions put on any of your Pokemon during your opponent's last turn," but I ran out of room. I guess we could say that this is a "hidden" effect (like the God Cards in Yu-Gi-Oh!).

HeroOfSinnoh

Dead

=O I'm still stuttering as I saw your Ancient Celebi :D and the other cards seem to be perfect! Awesome work!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

@6-D: Thanks. I'm glad you like it. ^^

@HOS: Thank you! ^^

---

Made a new template and figured I should make a card with it:

arcanine_cardAKI01.png

Kind of a mix between Platinum and HGSS-styles with some placement and shapes inspired by Ancient Mew. I personally think this card in particular would have looked better if the effect text was longer, as it currently feels a bit empty. It would also look better if GIMP wasn't so horrible at rendering text. Credit to Tacimur from deviantArt for the illustration.

Unfortunately, I have only completed the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Fire-type blanks... and it was not easy. Chances are that I will not complete these blanks. However, if someone else wants 'em, I can send the files I used to make the template (note: the main template is a flat file).

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black

I'm liking the blank Aki, it reminds me of CMP's new blanks ;) The thick border is pretty smexy and for a fire type the attacks are pretty balanced :)

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

@HOS: Thanks. :)

@FC: Thanks. I actually didn't realize the border was so thick. I based the thickness on that of Ancient Mew's border (which does seem slightly thicker than the borders of classic cards, even more thicker than that of the newer cards). I take no credit for creating the attacks - I nabbed them from the Base Set Arcanine.

---

For anyone interested in using them...

fire_custom_temp_text1.png
fire_custom_temp_text2.png

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

You can use them, but I'm afraid I haven't made the Basic blank. I MIGHT make it later, but I really didn't enjoy the whole process of making these. I like how they turned out, but it was such a pain. I also accidently didn't save the file I used to make the border. Overall, I wish I had saved the files as PSD. -_-

---

UPDATE: New Infernape card

infernape_card_silver.png
infernape_card.png

Another test with my blank, this one, imo, far surpassing the previous test. Artwork by seiryuuden on deviantArt.
Poke-Power and attack come from Typhlosion ex, though the attack was slightly tweaked.

I'm aware that the weight (WT) is wrong. You can blame Serebii for that.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

The blanks are very cool, bro! Love symmetry at the bottom -- always something I liked about Ancient Mew.

Agreed, though, that blanking is definitely not as much fun as faking.