TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

RE: Awesome Tricks and Screenies to prove them

Here are some new discoveries for you guys!
---

HOW TO CATCH MARIRU!
mariru_in_pokemon_red_and_blue_by_karite_kita_neko-d39ee1j.jpg

Often called Metamouse or Mewmouse, Mariru can be obtained only after you have recorded information on 150 species in your PokeDex. This trick can only be done if the S.S. Anne has not departed and you have Surf (there are several ways to do this, but the easiest is to lose a battle against someone on the ship after getting Cut from the captain). Every Pokemon on your team must know Strength. Go to Vermillian City and enter the dock, but do not board the S.S. Anne. Instead, face the right and use Surf. Continue Surfing a short distance and you'll reach a slab of land, on which you'll see a truck. Stand behind this truck, then make all your Pokemon use Strength on it. When the last Pokemon has used Strength, the truck will finally move, revealing a stairway. Climb down the stairway to enter a cave with water. Surf up and you'll see a slab of land, quite similar to the one Mewtwo in the Unknown Dungeon stands on. In fact, there's a Pokemon in this one, too! Talk to it and it will exclaim "Maru!" and you will enter into battle with this pink hamster-like PokeGod. It is only level 10 and knows weak attacks like Pound and Bubble, but cannot be captured unless you have a Master Ball or affect it with a Special Condition.

HOW TO GET LUNAREON!
lunareon_in_pokemon_rb_by_karite_kita_neko-d39ee7b.jpg

Programmers originally planned this prototype of Umbreon to be the result of exposing Eevee to a Moon Stone. However, for whatever reason, they decided to hide it within the game. To obtain this hidden Eeveelution, you must have the following Pokemon in your party: Eevee, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, and Wigglytuff, one of which must know Dig. Also, Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon must be in your Hall of Fame. Go to Mt. Moon and progress through the cave until you reach the area that you got the Pokemon Fossil. Stand exactly where the Helix Fossil was, then use Dig (if you're in the wrong spot, this will return you to the cave's entrance). Rather than returning to the cave's entrance, you will fall into a new floor, the hidden B3F. There are no exits in this room and only wild Clefairy appear. In the middle of the room, there is a huge boulder. Walk up to the boulder and click A. The message "A giant Moon Stone?" will appear, then a question mark will appear over the player's head, followed by the message "Huh? Eevee is evolving!" The evolution animation will proceed, evolving Eevee into this PokeGod, Lunareon. To escape the cave, use Dig again.

RE: Awesome Tricks and Screenies to prove them

Awesome as always. Oh, PokéGods...how you drove countless people crazy with your do you/do you not exist. Good thing these screenshots prove they do! :p

RE: Nekoban's Random Cards

I was bored in class yesterday, so I started working on a picture in Illustrator, then took it home and finished working on it in GIMP. As is the case with the majority of my Pokemon fan art, I decided to make a fake card with it. Here's Shining Porygon!

Porygon_card2.png
Porygon_prnt.png

I personally feel that the illustration could use some work, especially shading-wise. There are also several errors on the card, such as the HP text being too narrow, "Encryption" being a Poke-Body, and a nick under the copyright info. I wanted to use a Poke-Body because I wanted the symbol to match the illustration, but I couldn't think of any good effects because I had a headache the entire time I was working on it. Also, I accidently made the attack do too much damage. I meant for it to do 30 or 40, but I guess looking at the HP threw me off track. I can't be bothered to fix it.

This card is my first fake to feature my name as KKN Graphics (for Karite-Kita-Neko Graphics). This name will probably be used from here-on out for my illustrations that were made 100% digitally.

Awesome work as always, bro! Love the illustration, too -- what'd you use to make it?

@aschefield101: Thank you. I have to say, however, e-cards are some of my least favorite Pokemon cards. However, I think it's an interesting style to fake in.

@CMP: Thanks. I made the base Porygon image in Adobe Illustrator, then adjusted it and added more effects in GIMP. I made the background in Photoshop.

It's been a while, but here's an update:

oshawott_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d3fwft4.png

The first card for my imaginary set "Cute Things".
It's also my very first BW-style fake, so forgive me of any errors...

Fun fact: Though the illustration looks like something made in Adobe Illustrator, it was actually made in Microsoft Publisher via AutoShapes.

I really like the Ghost-type symbol...looks awesome! I think I like it better than the one for Redux...if I wasn't so far into the set I'd ask if I could use it!

Did you make other custom types, too?

CMP said:
I really like the Ghost-type symbol...looks awesome! I think I like it better than the one for Redux...if I wasn't so far into the set I'd ask if I could use it!

Did you make other custom types, too?

Thanks. I actually based it on Morty's Fog Badge. I figured if some badges resembled type symbols (like the Cascade Badge), why not use a badge for it?

I don't mess around with custom types much. I once helped another user make a DP-style set of custom-type fakes. I think I made the Ice, Dragon, and Poison-type blanks, but I didn't fabricate any of the symbols. For the Ice one, I just used a snowflake from the Wingdings font and I used the Battario symbol of Dragon for the Dragon-type symbol. I once made, as you saw before, a Crystal-type blank.

I thought that Ghost-type looked familiar...I can't believe I couldn't place it!

Actually...seeing as there are only 27 Ghost types (and I haven't yet made any Stage 1 or 2 blanks), would you mind if I used the Fog Badge as a symbol basis?

CMP said:
I thought that Ghost-type looked familiar...I can't believe I couldn't place it!

Actually...seeing as there are only 27 Ghost types (and I haven't yet made any Stage 1 or 2 blanks), would you mind if I used the Fog Badge as a symbol basis?

No need to ask my permission - I didn't design it. But yeah, I don't mind. Glad I could inspire you. :)

You inspire me all the time, man -- you're definitely one of the most creative people I know!

CMP said:
You inspire me all the time, man -- you're definitely one of the most creative people I know!

Really?

Thank you! That makes me happy. :D

---

We can expect to see a Vanilluxe card popping up soon.
I just finsihed the art and developed a massive headache during the process, so I'm going to wait until after I get some sleep to make it.

EDIT: Here's Vanilluxe! EDIT 2: And Vanillish!

vanilluxe_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d3hllxd.png
vanillish_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d3hmv55.png

I'm really pleased with how the Vanillite evo icon turned out. :)

RE: Nekoban's Random Cards: Ice Cream & Sea Serpent Fakemon 06/01/11

UPDATE: 2 new cards... First up is an alternate version of my Vanillite fake. This one sports a new illustration, a clay model by foureyedalien at deviantArt (I was given permission to use it), as well as an official type.

vanillitecard.png

Next is a classic-style Japanese fake of one of my Fakemon, Dracocean. Since evilblender shut down, I couldn't find any classic Japanese blanks, so I ripped this one myself. Thanks to Bulbapedia for the card scans I used. I already know I didn't get the fonts right and some of the wording is wrong.

Dracocean_.png
255174_2056522981831_1507313034_32352255_1508614_n.jpg

Here's the translation:

Evolves from Umiuma. Put Dracocean on the Basic Pokemon.

Dracocean LV.35 HP120 (W)

Leviathan Pokemon. Length: 4 meters, Weight: 210 kilograms

(W) Coil Around - During your next turn, Dracocean's attacks do 20 more damage. If the Defending Pokemon attacks Dracocean during your opponent's next turn, reduce all damage done to Dracocean by 20.

(W)(W)(C)(C) Unleashed 60 - If Coil Around was used during your last turn, this attack's damage isn't affected by Resistance or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Grass, Resistance: None, Retreat Cost: 3

"Capable of breathing flames even underwater, it lives in ocean depths."

Illustrated by Akiyuki Aretukasu (aka Alex Bowen / Nekoban Ryo)

Number H55, Rare

I REALLY like Chubbs and that JPN Fakemon card.
Great work.

safariblade said:
I REALLY like Chubbs and that JPN Fakemon card.
Great work.

Thank you! :D

If I can get more artwork of my Fakemon done, I'll try to make more fakes with them. To be honest, I really need to redesign a lot of them.

These are simply AMAZING\!!! You should do Zoroa/Zoroark one

RE: Nekoban's Random Cards: Poison-type Nidoking 06/07/11

@ZoroarkX13: Thanks! I'll certainly try to do that sometime!

---

CMP changing his Poison-type energy symbol inspired me to make a Poison-type blank myself:

nidokingcard2.png

Not quite as good as his, but it works.

The Nidoking card is practically a reprint of the Giovanni's Nidoking CoroCoro promo, minus Giovanni.

I used match's illustration of Nidorino from HS: Triumphant for the evolution icon.

EDIT: Whoops! Just noticed the error with the attack damage. Oh well, even official cards are printed with crazy errors sometimes.

RE: Nekoban's Random Cards: Poison-type Nidoking 06/07/11

That is awesome, man. Love the symbol -- and the color you chose.

Back