Pokemon Most Forgotten Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Wow, that is a Pokemon I forgot, about, and the other day, I was thinking of a dragonfly Pokemon, and how cool that would be, and then my brother told me that Yamna, and Yamnega existed, I was shocked I forgot them.

^Farfetch'd is not forgotten, and neither is Quilfish, he is a good sweeper for lower tiers.

I was battling a trainer on PO, and I saw him send out a Pachirisu, I was shocked, I forgot him.

I'm gonna have to say Dewgong, Jynx, or Porygon. Neither of them have been used, ever, as far as I'm aware of. Especially Porygon (even though he is awsome).

Anime-wise, I'd say Porygon's evolution line (Seizures, anyone?) But just Pokemon in a whole, I'd say Dunsparce.

venasour x said:
I'm gonna have to say Dewgong, Jynx, or Porygon. Neither of them have been used, ever, as far as I'm aware of. Especially Porygon (even though he is awsome).

Umm, these guys have all had their days in TCG, and VG, and Jynx is not forgotten, she just sucks in VG, and TCG, so no one uses her. Dewgong, Really, this Pokemon is a great rain dance sweeper. Porygon. Always seeing him in TCG, and occasionally on VG. none of these Pokemon are forgotten.

I go for Gyarado's cause from a not worthy pokemon (magiccarp) to an awesome beastly pokemon!!
Such POWER!!! *Removed*

I will say Fineon for Pokemon in general, and possibly Eggxecutor or I can't remember the other :p Don't get me wrong, I like Eggxecutor, but I never see it anywhere, and all of the TCG cards have explosive attacks that do 40 or 50 x the number of energy, so they're forgettable too.

MrGatr said:
Umm, these guys have all had their days in TCG, and VG, and Jynx is not forgotten, she just sucks in VG, and TCG, so no one uses her. Dewgong, Really, this Pokemon is a great rain dance sweeper. Porygon. Always seeing him in TCG, and occasionally on VG. none of these Pokemon are forgotten.

Well, if nobody uses Jynx then how is she remembered? Whevever somebody says that these Pokemon have all had their days, anybody can argue that every Pokemon was good at one point in time. Or another way is that every Pokemon has some place, whether it be a pre-evo to some slightly good Pokemon or has some small use somewhere, but to the rest of the world it is just useless. Then there is no Pokemon that is ever forgotten, and this thread is just spam. Back to Jynx, I know about the blackface thing, but that was so long ago that it doesn't really have a lasting effect on today.

Porygon-wise, nobody uses him in competetive TCG. Is far as I know, there are 2 Porygons that are legal for Tournament use Promo Porygon and Porygon2. Both are are useless. I know Porygon2 is a great wall in VG, but that doesn't affect Porygon himself, other than an annoying obstacle to get to a good Pokemon.

I don't know about Dewgong, but I know that nobody uses him in TCG. Within the past year only 1 Dewgong card was used, and it was a Fighting (namely Donphan) counter, which is now rotated.

It really does. Whenever a scandal breaks out, it's very hard to erase the loss of reputation from it, especially if racism is involved. For instance, the first thing most people think of when they hear about The Song of the South is Remus being a "black minstrel" type character and all of the animal characters based on black stereotypes. Same with D.W. Griffith: Birth of a Nation is infamous for seemingly glorifying slavery. He got so embarrassed from it that he released a movie, Intolerance, as an apology, but nobody remembers Intolerance except film scholars. People continue to point fingers of shame at Griffith and his legacy for making Birth of a Nation to this day--movie theaters still have trouble screening it, because it always receives a backlash that sometimes gets violent.

The same goes with Nintendo and Jynx. And Porygon, for that matter. Jynx's face is still purple, and Porygon and everything that evolves from it are still totally absent from the anime. (I prefer Jynx's new design though--it feels less tacky, and it reflects her ganguro origins better.) The moment Nintendo tries to put Jynx on something out in the open, I'd expect the same backlash.

Eveon said:
Anime-wise, I'd say Porygon's evolution line (Seizures, anyone?) But just Pokemon in a whole, I'd say Dunsparce.

Lol Dunsparce is my fav thus you fail :p

venasour x said:
Well, if nobody uses Jynx then how is she remembered? Whevever somebody says that these Pokemon have all had their days, anybody can argue that every Pokemon was good at one point in time. Or another way is that every Pokemon has some place, whether it be a pre-evo to some slightly good Pokemon or has some small use somewhere, but to the rest of the world it is just useless. Then there is no Pokemon that is ever forgotten, and this thread is just spam. Back to Jynx, I know about the blackface thing, but that was so long ago that it doesn't really have a lasting effect on today.

Porygon-wise, nobody uses him in competetive TCG. Is far as I know, there are 2 Porygons that are legal for Tournament use Promo Porygon and Porygon2. Both are are useless. I know Porygon2 is a great wall in VG, but that doesn't affect Porygon himself, other than an annoying obstacle to get to a good Pokemon.

I don't know about Dewgong, but I know that nobody uses him in TCG. Within the past year only 1 Dewgong card was used, and it was a Fighting (namely Donphan) counter, which is now rotated.

I can tell you one thing...Mawile has never had a good TCG card and is never used in the VG...ya...you all lose :p

I use a Mawile over Pokémon Battle Revolution.

I had hosted the video game side-event at a City Championships one time using my Wii and PBR, and some of the people who signed up for it wanted to see what I could do. So I brought in the team with Mawile (also has Sableye, for good measure). The first KO of the match was Mawile one-hit KOing the opponent's Empoleon, and the entire room applauded.

I honestly think everyone forgot about Weedle. Im not saying I would remember him, but he is probably one of the most forgotten Pokemon ever. Same with Rhyhorn. Their are so much more, but I'd rathor not list them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back