Minor Notices & Staff Changes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #83)

Guys, I think Nigel being placed as a SMod was a good decision, he has been contributing HEAPS to the TCG forum since he was appointed as Mod, and he's just a great guy :)

I don't really know all the staff her but all I can say is good luck until I find an error or have any problem with him then I wish him the best.

^ I second that. I have nothing against Nigel and really there's nothing to be against about. Hope, T16 in Nats is great, even if it was a while ago. It takes skill to get there. You are pretty much saying that all TCG Super Mods have to be Worlds invite players, because if T16 in Nats isn't great, T8 is and that gives you an invite. Sure it helps, but people can be really really good players and still not get an invite.

Nigel has been contributing a lot IMO. He's a nice guy and deserves a chance.

lol SR used 'tude

Nigel can only do as well as he says he can do. I support him if he believes he can do good for this forum. I'm tired of whining; it takes too much effort. I'm just going to go with the flow this time.

[smod]Nigel[/smod] , deserves as good as a shot as anyone else . He contributed alot as a contributor and just kept building on that as a moderator . I lurked in the TCG forums a lot , and he does quite a bit of helping and teaching in the forum . He deserves this oppurtunity until he fails if he does then let the results be what they may . I personally , nor' liked or disliked the decision because I am neutral because he yes deserves it somewhat , but I'm age 13 and he's 13 hard to imagine a guy my age being pink .

Good and Best of Luck to you bro . :D

- R-C

I'm laughing at everyone who tried making an argument against or for Nigel.

Wow, just wow.

What happened:

DNA stated his opinion. He got flamed by Bippa and Celebi. So he started getting a "tude" as SR puts it. That's pretty natural.

Now, I don't really know either of the new super-mods that well. The only impression I got off of Nigel was Nigel Thornberry, which didn't make a good impression, but like I said, I don't know him, so I'm not qualified to dis or support him.

HypnoticLuxray said:
Now, I don't really know either of the new super-mods that well. The only impression I got off of Nigel was Nigel Thornberry, which didn't make a good impression, but like I said, I don't know him, so I'm not qualified to dis or support him.
Same, but I don't like the way he has answered in this thread, tampering with user's posts for no reason instead of replying the normal way. Certainly does not give a good and professional image of him.

I will occassionly edit my thoughts below a person's posts (with a ~Nigel at the end so they know that it is me) because to me, one sentence replies that barely contribute to a thread's topic are unprofessional.

I think all of you guys should cut off the bad remarks about me being promoted until I screw up. Then there's a problem. If you are objected to me as a person or something I did/do, then PM me and we'll get things figured out.

My concerns for Nigel are not necessarily at him personally, but rather the reality that is his situation. At thirteen, no matter how responsible and mature one is, life can be unstable. The last thing we need is more instability in the staff.

Since the decision has been made, Your change to prove us all wrong is here Nigel :D We certainly all want you to do well, so try to take what people have said as concern rather than putting you down.

Nigel said:
I will occassionly edit my thoughts below a person's posts (with a ~Nigel at the end so they know that it is me) because to me, one sentence replies that barely contribute to a thread's topic are unprofessional.
I thought we were instructed to leave a profile comment or send a PM in case we are uncapable to construct a decent post or just want to thank someone? I can barely see how your way is more professional.

Nigel said:

I'm not really part of this discussion, but I hardly see how editing other people's posts to put in your opinion is more professional than a short post.

#addalikebutton

Teal said:
I thought we were instructed to leave a profile comment or send a PM in case we are uncapable to construct a decent post or just want to thank someone? I can barely see how your way is more professional.

If I edit their post with that message, then I know that everybody in that thread will see their example.

PMJ was supporting me and saying that I needed a chance. I backed this up on his post so all the people in that thread could see that I agreed.

In summary, if I was to make another post saying just "Thanks for backing me up" that would be spam for not contributing to a topic's discussion. If I was to post in their profile, people in that thread wouldn't see that I agree with his good example.

If you or anybody else has further issues/concerns with me, shoot me a PM and I'll try to make things right. However, if you are just going to try to bash me, warnings will be given.

I don't understand... he hasn't even had 2 days in pink yet a lot of you are so intent on tearing him up; almost as if trying to get his prestigious title removed from him. I mean at least give him a little longer to prove himself. Also please don't complain about him editing posts to let others know something rather than posting a reply or commenting on their profiles. I've seen plenty of other mods do it, yet I've seen no one rip on them for it.

Why are you taking it so personally? I never bashed you, I told people something I don't approve of in general - no matter who does it. Sorry for voicing my opinion?

Teal said:
Why are you taking it so personally? I never bashed you, I told people something I don't approve of in general - no matter who does it. Sorry for voicing my opinion?

Because you mentioned me specifically. And called me unprofessional. You didn't mention any other mods except me.

I'm just going to ignore this thread now and know that I will do an excellent job being a Super Mod while introducing a lot to the forums. That is all I'm going to say on this matter.

...Whoa.
This just got really weird really fast.
Worst part is that no one's opinion can be stated without someone flaming/bashing someone else. Welp, I guess that's life.

If you need me, I'll be over here on the sidelines watching and seeing how Nigel does.

It has been bugging me for years on several forums. I just saw a good chance to say what I think of that. As I said I don't know you so I have no reason to bash you.

let's flame pdc for all the times he's screwed up!!

down with nigel, up with DNA!!!!

But seriously, lets wait until Nigel messes up, and then we can flame him.

Not to minimod, but this really isn't the place for this. You people are kind of bashing Nigel and he has done nothing wrong. None of this discussion should take place unless he does screw up, and everybody makes mistakes anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back