Minor Notices & Staff Changes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #60)

Some of you may notice the You Laugh You Lose thread, commonly referred to as YLYL is now gone. We posted saying that things needed to improve and they didn't. The final straw was a video posted that was inappropriate and found to be offensive to multiple mods and members. We, therefore, decided to take further action.

inb4 there's a riot.

I, for one, approve of the decision. I've been wanting it gone for a while.

Same. I have given way too many verbal warnings, and no action was taken.

I am totally supportive. Pokebeach is geared towards the pre-teen audience, and in order to keep Pokebeach as the loving nurturing nursery it has become, this was certainly necessary to preserve our integrity.

Kudos to the administration for making a good decision.

I have seen to much inappropriate content to allow it to go on anymore. Therefore , we agreed it should disappear .

I approve the decision .

- R-C

I'm decidedly ambivalent. I have no problem behind the idea of the thread itself, but I did with some of the submissions that were popping up - either offensive, raunchy, or just plain unfunny.
I myself have tried to up the quality with my own submissions and liked the outlet for sharing images I found around friends, but eh - what's done is done.

Did I like what the thread was becoming? No.
Do I approve of the thread's deletion? Maybe. Depends on the long-run impact.

Although I feel a small hole inside my heart where the thread used to be, I completely agree with the decision. Some people took it too far.

Don't tell me my video ended that thread, but it would explain the high warning level I'm sitting on.

King Arceus said:
Some of you may notice the You Laugh You Lose thread, commonly referred to as YLYL is now gone. We posted saying that things needed to improve and they didn't. The final straw was a video posted that was inappropriate and found to be offensive to multiple mods and members. We, therefore, decided to take further action.

PokeMedic said:
Don't tell me my video ended that thread, because I'm sitting on a warning level that's big.

Gee, I wonder...
Anyway, it truly is a shame that YLYL is gone. A lot of fun things happened in that one. But, alas, one must move on.

Blast, I was hoping to look through that entire thread one day, buuuut I have a weird sense of humor and shouldn't come here to fulfill it.
I didn't see anything that offensive in the thread on the occasions I lurked in it, maybe you're all pansies >:[

King Arceus said:

Thank God, and good riddance. How can such a great idea of a thread turn so bad? I lost 7 IQ points every time I read that thread. I gained 5 of them back if I was able to turn my head away.

One Approved said:
Thank God, and good riddance. How can such a great idea of a thread turn so bad? I lost 7 IQ points every time I read that thread. I gained 5 of them back if I was able to turn my head away.
At least it wasn't all bad! ShadowLugia had some epic submissions!
...but it was still mostly pretty bad. The epicness wasn't enough to drive up the average beyond sucky. I'm sorry. I failed you all.

I always viewed it, but I will never ever post in it again. If I did, I would have just turned into a Magikarp and flopped away.

Oh my Arceus, I hope to not see any more of these threads appearing up again. How were we so blind?

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
At least it wasn't all bad! ShadowLugia had some epic submissions!

You are too kind, sir. Honestly, I didn't really like where the thread was going, either. If it wasn't a stupid/inappropriate submission, is was an argument over what's funny and what isn't funny. Although it's sad to say goodbye to such a wonderful thread, I suppose it was for the best.

I was honestly surprised it took this time to get rid of it. I've seen the Mods request things in the thread that were never ever followed in it for months. There were a couple gems in there but not surprised or disappointed.

dmaster out.

Honestly this site has made more good decisions in the past month than Pokegym (seriously, that place is a mess right now). I understand that everyone has different senses of humor, but some of that stuff was just either out of line or stupid. We'll move on.

Good, this forum is now less funnyjunk and 9gag.

I found that the content just shot up, I never had a problem with the rare swear, but it got to the point where every second post had swears in it. I feel bad for the loss of such a good thread, but everything comes to a end.
Well, MLP Thread, we'll see you dead soon (please not, I love ponies)

The MLP thread is a legitimate discussion thread about the show/fandom. It's in no danger of being locked or otherwise removed.

In the interests of maintaining a consistent set of forum rules (particularly on language) I think that locking YLYL was a good decision.

No thread can last forever. A recurring theme with casual threads is that the more members become familiar with them, the more likely members will bend the forum rules to their liking. And when moderators have to step in and correct that you get a sort of rebellion or conflict of ideals, which ruins the atmosphere and the thread doesn't recover. This is basically the same process which happened to the Chillax Zone and clans in general.

Casual threads with no specific purpose can be awesome. I think that the early days of YLYL and Chillax were among the best threads that PokeBeach has ever had. But you can't hang on to them, and you can't try to make them your own. If they stick around for too long, they will inevitably fail.

YLYL is gone, and I'm kinda pleased with all the views my little baby got. But now it's time for something fresh, something better, to take its place. And one of you guys is going to have to make it. ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back