Minor Notices & Staff Changes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #16)

The purpose, as explained in the first post, is to notify members of staff changes. You are not required to say anything if all you have to say is "congrats". You don't write a letter to the editor of a newspaper every time you read a news article, do you? This is sort of the same idea. It's just to keep members updated.

Perhaps locking the thread and only having Mods/Super Mods post would alleviate spam posts a lot more. Besides, all members are going to want to post are "congrats" etc. People can comment on the changes in Website Feedback anyway, and that is the point of that Sub-Forum after all.

Edit: I just think that stopping this _every single time a member gets promoted to Mod_ is worth it. People can still comment in the Sub-Forum and I think this thread actually detracts from potential feedback that could be given there. Unless you start giving out huge warnings for the posts here (and even then I doubt this will stop), it just won't stop unless the thread is locked IMO.

dmaster out.

Yeah, it might but we want members to be able to comment on the minor notices we post in here too. It would prevent the occasional spam post but it would make the thread half as functional as it currently is. I'd hope the members would be able to simply follow the rules, but I guess that's too much to expect. I'll run your idea by the other mods.

TCG Gym Challenges have finished. Congratulations to [member]alexmf2[/member] and [member]grantm1999[/member] for being the only players able to beat all 8 gyms!

RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #25)

(Latest Announcement: Post #25)
*looks at the number of his own post and sees it says 25*

...Wait, am I supposed to make a speech or something? Or is there a mistake in the title?

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
*looks at the number of his own post and sees it says 25*

...Wait, am I supposed to make a speech or something? Or is there a mistake in the title?

One post was hidden because it was spam.

[member]ESP[/member] and [member]Riskbreakers[/member] have decided to resign. [mod]Nigel[/mod] and [mod]Serperior[/mod] are now moderators.

RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #27)

Blame Vanguard for my resignation. It was fun.

I personally chose to step down because my life is becoming more complicated with college starting in the fall. Ill still be around but not as often.

Hey guys- I hope that I can be an excellent moderator for the forum! I hope that I will enjoy this position and will have a great time as a moderator. :3

Spoiler tags have been changed. I'm not sure what the reason is.

This is how they look now.

You can also make it say something other than "Spoiler" now by doing
Text here[/spoiler

RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #31)

Spoiler tags have been changed. I'm not sure what the reason is.
Mark fiddling with the plugins. Gotta be.

^^

Actually it was a suggestion from me.

We added a new sub-forum in TCG News & General Discussion called Alternate Formats. From now on, please use this sub-forum for discussion of alternate forums such as Back to Basics, Unlimited 150, Palace, BW-on, etc.

Please note that there are also thread prefixes available. Use them if they are relevant to your thread!

RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #34)

Why not just have BW- On in the regular section, there are only so many people going to Worlds. Most people I know have already switched to BW- On.

Because technically, it's an alternate format. Plus there have been very few threads about it so far; most of them fall into the Metagame Speculation Thread anyway. We'll see how it works like this.

We now have userbars for the following groups: Community Contributors and Verified Sellers.

Celebi23 said:
We now have userbars for the following groups: Community Contributors and Verified Sellers.
THANK YOU.
Seriously, I've been on-and-off pushing for this for months and I know I'm not the only one.

RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #37)

The Contributor userbar is a little hard to read, but they both look good none-the-less.

RE: Minor Notices & Staff Changes (Latest Announcement: Post #37)

Nengeni said:
The Contributor userbar is a little hard to read, but they both look good none-the-less.

I don't see why it's hard to read- the text is even clearer than the member userbar. Not that it matters or anything, just pointing that out.

This was [smod]Shining Raikou[/smod]'s birthday present to us- make sure to tell him thanks and happy birthday over a profile comment! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back