Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
It seems like that would be something that's difficult to assign a value to. Signed cards, like one-off errors, have a very varying price range, since value is dependent on whether or not you care about the signature. And even people who do appreciate the signature will value it differently.

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
Artemis said:
It seems like that would be something that's difficult to assign a value to. Signed cards, like one-off errors, have a very varying price range, since value is dependent on whether or not you care about the signature. And even people who do appreciate the signature will value it differently.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the value because I know Ken Sugimori cards usually go for 50$+

bagoly14

ThatPokemonCollector said:
Yeah,Ken Sugimori is what people want . I'd take a Sugimori signed card anyday.

I'm sure there are some Rodger Parsons fans out there too, actually I'd consider his signature more rare than Ken's because from what I've heard artists show up at Worlds so getting their signature is not too difficult. I was lol'ing at the one listing on ebay of the Ken Skarmory that sold for 60$ at auction and is now listed at 1500$ obo :D

DrunkSpinda

Awakening!
It happens that in Portugal(and mainly the North of Portugal(oporto and stuff)) people don't really value old cards, I have been buying lots of old exs, Lv Xs and SRs for like, 0.75/1 euro each

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, obviously the less signatures the higher the value is what would make sense. Popularity is also what drives value, most people know who Ken Sugimori is but not Rodger Parsons.

bagoly14

ThatPokemonCollector said:
Yeah, obviously the less signatures the higher the value is what would make sense. Popularity is also what drives value, most people know who Ken Sugimori is but not Rodger Parsons.

That's true, I'm confused in general what to price the card at because I feel like it could get anywhere from $5 to $50+ depending on the person...I'll probably just end up throwing it up on Ebay and let the market decide.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Signed cards are subject to several factors when determining value:

1) Popularity, value, and rarity of unsigned card.
2) Popularity, value, and rarity of person's signature.

To give you an idea, there was a PSA 9 1st ED Blastoise 2/102 signed by Ken Sugimori that only sold for ~$600.

I have never heard of Rodger Parsons but if it's a rare card it could be worth a fair sum.

pokemoncatcher

Aspiring Trainer
I had no idea signed cards can be worth that much I had a few back in the day like 10 or so had no idea who's signature they were, I just assume they were like the MTG sig's which are not worth much.

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
I am missing two cards for my EX FireRed and LeafGreen set. I am not planning to sell it, but how much does a complete set go for?

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
Jungletoad said:
I am missing two cards for my EX FireRed and LeafGreen set. I am not planning to sell it, but how much does a complete set go for?

A lot haha

The only one sold on eBay sold for $350, so I'd expect somewhere around that.

pokemoncatcher

Aspiring Trainer
What would a complete master of Skyridge all foiled and non foil be worth?
And a Master plasma storm set with the whole set being done in reverse foil and non foil?

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Daelum said:
Jungletoad said:

A lot haha

The only one sold on eBay sold for $350, so I'd expect somewhere around that.

I would imagine $500+ if you mean a master set with all RH.

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
pokemoncatcher said:
What would a complete master of Skyridge all foiled and non foil be worth?
And a Master plasma storm set with the whole set being done in reverse foil and non foil?

I'm trying to figure out the value of a complete Skyridge set too :p Completed it last week. Booyah :D

bagoly14

Yeah, Rodger Parsons is the narrator of most of the pokemon series and movies. I didn't know who it was either but definitely a cool card. Either way it's gonna be in someone else's hands soon enough.

Mitchie_dizzle

Aspiring Trainer
[attachment=7015][attachment=7016]

Sorry guys not an pokemon expert here but are these cards worth anything?

Thank you for your time
:)

Attachments

• 20130517_173847.jpg
    20130517_173847.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20130517_173904.jpg
    20130517_173904.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 19

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
The Skyridge ones are worth a fair bit of scratch but I'm not sure exactly how much. I wanna say 1-2$ for common cards and 7-10$ for the Crobat. Depending on condition. I think I bought a Crobat from Soulwind for 8$. Not sure if it went up cause this was awhile ago.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
I traded 2 primes to this guy at my league (Umbreon & Espeon) and I got these in return
1023930.jpg

1023931.jpg

Im not sure if these are worth much, because the guy had like 5 packs of these so if anyone could give me an estimate of about what a pack goes for that would be awesome.