Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Oh my gosh, are you being serious? Why is a Pokemon card worth so much? Now i will never have one of them then I guess aha.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. Those number 1 Trainers were released in the late 90's for the equivalent of the World Championships in Japan I believe. There are other users that will be able to tell you a lot more about this card. I think they were also slightly different every year so for that particular one, there are very few in existence.

Waterfall said:
Oh my gosh, are you being serious? Why is a Pokemon card worth so much? Now i will never have one of them then I guess aha.

Thanks for the reply.

Yea that's correct.

It's one of the rarest cards ever printed. If I recall correctly, it was given out to for winning a huge tournament in Japan at the beginning of the Pokémon craze. They continue that tradition each year with new "trophy" cards for the winners. Most of the time, they feature Pikachu or another mascot of the franchise.

I might be a bit off on that information but that's the gist of it. :p

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Oh my, it sure does sound exceptionally interesting and rare anyway. Thank you guys for all your help. Can anyone give me a name on who has one, I would love to find out more on it.

A girl can dream can't she? ;)

Ask Viperfox. To my knowledge that is the only person on this forum who collects the big ticket items in Pokemon. Do some Google searching to on it something should come up.

How much is Lugia-EX(Normal and FA) worth? I'm not asking for if you think it's good, or if you think it's value will drop, I'm asking how much would be a good price to sell it for?

I just ordered
1- Cobalion EX FA
1- Articuno EX FA
1- Colress Machine
2- Escape Rope
1- PlasmaKlang
for $61.00
Good deal or bad?

Bo$$_89 said:
How much is Lugia-EX(Normal and FA) worth? I'm not asking for if you think it's good, or if you think it's value will drop, I'm asking how much would be a good price to sell it for?

Normal $40
FA $50
Those would probaply be fair prices to sell it by.

Waterfall said:
Oh my, it sure does sound exceptionally interesting and rare anyway. Thank you guys for all your help. Can anyone give me a name on who has one, I would love to find out more on it.

A girl can dream can't she? ;)

Yeeaaah I don't if that's half as rare as this one :)

http://hardrock-pokemon.blogspot.com/2010/05/pikachu-illustrator.html

The Pikachu Illustrator. Ohhh maaaaan that thing's purdy! I dunno how much this thing runs for I think I saw a video saying it's worth 7,000-10,000, might be even more rare than the Pre Release error Raichu (which is silly cause it's the same Raichu, just has the word Pre release on it.) :rolleyes:

I'd like to find a Japanese Espeon and Umbreon Gold Star holos but those babies are expensive. I'm crazy enough to pay 500$ for old boxes. Not crazy enough to pay that much or more for a single card. Unless I get some decent job someday but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

1- Cobalion EX FA
1- Articuno EX FA
1- Colress Machine
2- Escape Rope
1- PlasmaKlang
I'm no expert but I think it's not bad. I have no idea how much Colress machine and Escape Rope are worth but I've seen the price for the FA Articuno keep rising. And Cobalion too, the fact that he discards Plasma energies and DCE's is making him really desirable. I've seen Cobalion go for 30$ but it may rise to 37$ and Articuno is also getting expensive, last week it was only 15$ for FA. Now it's almost 30$.

Good thing you snagged before Troll and Toad decided to jack their prices up again.

exdarkrai01 said:
Ask Viperfox. To my knowledge that is the only person on this forum who collects the big ticket items in Pokemon. Do some Google searching to on it something should come up.

There are others here that collect the big ticket items in Pokemon.

Bo$$_89 said:

RA $30-$35/37
FA $38-$40/42(+)

PSA 10 Japanese Umbreon Gold Star is 10,000$ o_O;;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-FAN-CLUB-UMBREON-HOLOFOIL-70000-PT-CARD-PSA-10-/360566865681?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item53f375bf11

Beautiful card but it's really annoying they made it so hard to get, that's a lotta dough.

Japanese Umbreon Prime has the same treatment
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Pokemon-Daisuki-Fan-Club-7200EXP-UMBREON-Holofoil-Promo-Card-054-L-P-/221151442726?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item337da73726

2000$ WHAT. So glad they made it in a set for English and it's only worth like 4$ now. But it does look prettier in Japanese. still that's absurd!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-Daisuki-Fan-Club-7200EXP-Promo-Umbreon-Holo-054-L-P-Japanese-/181067511317?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2876f615

This guy is selling for, although a high price still, much less ridiculous than BrainJapan's. 570$. Plus 17$ for shipping. 17 for one card... but tracked and insured.

Wonder if these prices are accurate or incredibly farfetch'd. Get it? *gets pied* ...

Well it seems like I'm not getting an Espeon or Umbreon Gold Star soon.

Those are just asking prices.

Most of the time, those cards have sold for significantly less. Especially the PLAY Promo.

You can get ungraded ones that are Mint or like new condition for under a thousand dollars.

Yeah, BrianJapan/PokeVault seems very overpriced sometimes. especially after shipping.

BrianJapan/PokeVault has gotten worse over the years. I bought from him over a decade ago, he was not bad. Recently he was asking $300 for a promo, that 3 other sellers were asking $50 for.

omahanime said:
BrianJapan/PokeVault has gotten worse over the years. I bought from him over a decade ago, he was not bad. Recently he was asking $300 for a promo, that 3 other sellers were asking $50 for.

His prices usually are through the roof but I appreciate his good service and quality.

Several months ago I purchased the Reshiram/Zekrom campaign packs from him. The Zekrom EX Promo arrived in horrid condition though. As if someone has tried to take it out of the box. He gave me an entire new pack and shipped it to me completely free. Needless to say I was pretty pleased with his generosity. Before that, I bought a GB Mewtwo from him and its condition was well worth the high price.

He does compensate for mistakes very well. I bought Jolteon Japanese jungle from him but were out of stock. I asked him replace with red collection packs and he gave 3 free ones. I dont think he weighs packs either the Reshiram/Zekrom EX promo boxes only have a tape sealing it and the tape comes off very easy. You could probably weigh the packs switch it up and wham 35$ of 8 really bad packs. But I got many holos and SR N. so he is legit 100%. Just charges a lot. 35$ is a lot for 8 Japanese packs! But I got it when it was on sale so it was 27.99 :B

Moshi Moshi, again.

Can someone pretty please tell me what's a Eevee Fanclub promo in Japanese? How much is this baby worth?

Thanks everyone for your great responses!
xx

Waterfall said:
Moshi Moshi, again.

Can someone pretty please tell me what's a Eevee Fanclub promo in Japanese? How much is this baby worth?

Thanks everyone for your great responses!
xx

I think you're talking about this one?

There are 2 listings on Ebay now, a graded one for $500 and an ungraded for $300, but apparently both listings have been up recently and failed to sell at that price, so you may be able to get one for cheaper. Didn't see any Sold auctions for this card on Ebay.

Thanks so much, that's the one! She looks gorgeous. It's great to see another girl here so I'm not all alone hehe :) My amazing boyfriend got one for us this morning, so hopefully it should be arriving soon!

Back