Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

I have 2 Aipom's from HGSS: Triumphant with the attacks "Gmitate" and "Wail Runch." I was wondering how much they are worth. They are in near mint condition. Both from the same box (how lucky can you get :p)

Frost said:
Machamp is one of the most worthless holos in Base Set, so he isn't really a good example for value. Almost every Machamp has the first edition stamp and they were found in a pre-made deck.

Every base set machamp has the first edition stamp on it

God7Fish said:
What are full art cards going to be worth a few years from now? I'm looking for a good ROI (return on investment)

Buy an ETF.

exdarkrai01 said:
Frost said:
Machamp is one of the most worthless holos in Base Set, so he isn't really a good example for value. Almost every Machamp has the first edition stamp and they were found in a pre-made deck.

Every base set machamp has the first edition stamp on it

Wrong. Most do, but the Machamp from Trainer Deck A does not.

Hey guys I wanna do a trade with this guy at my league and I wanna know if this would be a good trade for both sides
My:
Lugia EX FA
Black Ballista Black Kyurem EX
Scramble Switch
His:
Black Charizard Plasma Storm
if this trade isnt fair lmk how much were off by.

God7Fish said:
What are full art cards going to be worth a few years from now? I'm looking for a good ROI (return on investment) I noticed that a Pokemon Base Set 1st Edition Single Machamp 8/102 - Shadowless is worth about $6. This card was probably worth a lot back in the day. Do the cards really depreciate that much? For those of us looking for long term investments what are the best options?

Don't look for an ROI on any English Ultra Rares that have been released since the beginning of Diamond & Pearl. Why? Because they were extremely mass produced, so there are a ton, and their value will only go down. Many of the current prices for new Ultra Rares are based on the card's playability in competitive gameplay, although there are a few Ultra Rares (like the Shiny cards) that have rarity-based values.

If you are looking to invest in some cards, you have two main options:
1. Rare set-released cards. This includes cards such as Base Set 1st Editions, 1st Edition Crystals and Shinings, and Gold Star cards. You can also find some rare Japanese set-released cards.

2. Promos. Promos are always released in limited numbers, and the lower that number is, the more expensive the card. You can find a ton of rare promos that are already worth a nice amount that will only go up in value. This happens because as more of them surface for sale, they are bought and stuck in collections, so they amount available goes down, causing the price to go up.

How much would Garchomp C Lv.X and Rayquaza C Lv.X (both promo) be worth?
And also the shiny Rotoms from Rising Rivals?

Base Set First Edition Pikachu?

I'm not entirely sure...but I think I may have...ripped a first edition when I was younger. My copy to be exact. I'd like it valued just in case I'm not a complete idiot. I'm just glad it wasn't a Charizard.

hi there. after looking around i found this website and decided to ask for your opinions. while doing some cleaning i found what i thought was just some old base blister packs. as it turns out i have Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charizard shadowless blister packs and a Blastoise and Venusaur base blister pack(shadowed). About how much would i be able to get for these? thanks !

Delta said:

I'm not entirely sure...but I think I may have...ripped a first edition when I was younger. My copy to be exact. I'd like it valued just in case I'm not a complete idiot. I'm just glad it wasn't a Charizard.

Worth about $10-15 now in Mint condition. :)

smityhimer said:
hi there. after looking around i found this website and decided to ask for your opinions. while doing some cleaning i found what i thought was just some old base blister packs. as it turns out i have Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charizard shadowless blister packs and a Blastoise and Venusaur base blister pack(shadowed). About how much would i be able to get for these? thanks !

Nice find! Shadowless blister packs typically sell for a minimum of $45 USD.

Regular Base set blister packs fluctuate around $14-18 in value. :)

SoulWind said:
Delta said:

Worth about $10-15 now in Mint condition. :)

smityhimer said:

Nice find! Shadowless blister packs typically sell for a minimum of $45 USD.

Regular Base set blister packs fluctuate around $14-18 in value. :)

Nice! thank you very much :)

SheNinja said:
I have 2 Aipom's from HGSS: Triumphant with the attacks "Gmitate" and "Wail Runch." I was wondering how much they are worth. They are in near mint condition. Both from the same box (how lucky can you get :p)

Bo$$_89 said:
Is this a good trade:
My
Shiny Blastiose
Their
Cobalion EX
Tornadus EX

If you don't care about rarity, yes. Both EXs are very playable whereas you can just get a regular Blastoise for ~$10.

MountainDrew said:
Good or Bad?
My
FA Cobalion EX
Shiny Terrakion
Their
x2 FA Rayquaza EX
Victory Piece

Good trade but I wouldn't do it because shiny terrakion and FA cobalion ex are both pretty good

Back