Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Ulricke said:
How much is a Japanese Gold Catcher from the set "Dark Rush" worth? The ebay price is $130, but that seem a bit overpriced too me.

They do not sell for less than $100 in Japan as far as I know.

This helps a lot when coming down to accurate price points of some of my better cards but the question is, how do you get your cards minted in a way so you can actually sell them? I am sure people on eBay and other sales method would be a little skeptical if I said "Selling Holo Full Art Juniper Card for $25"

RagePlaysGames said:
This helps a lot when coming down to accurate price points of some of my better cards but the question is, how do you get your cards minted in a way so you can actually sell them? I am sure people on eBay and other sales method would be a little skeptical if I said "Selling Holo Full Art Juniper Card for $25"

I don't fully understand what you are asking. Would you mind rephrasing your question?

The only way you can get your card "minted" is sending it to PSA and they give you a 9 or 10 rating on the card. Or you can just pull it out of the booster pack ><

RagePlaysGames said:

If you want to avoid skepticism, simply take pictures of the card in question.

Having your cards "Minted" does guarantee its authenticity; however, it is not practical to have your average card sent in to PSA (who charges a very expensive fee for their services). That is better served for elusive promos and cards where condition holds significant weight in their value.

Good luck!

elam18 said:
Or you can just pull it out of the booster pack ><

I wish that guaranteed "Mint" cards. :(

How much Is my error card worth

I have the three legendary bird promos, (Articuno, Zapdos & Moltres) with the corrected illustrator (Naoyo Kimora) instead of the common error illustrator ( Toshinao Aoki ).

Any idea how much this is worth?

I also have this wartortle card with a gold W in the right corner, it seems quite rare?

http://postimg.org/image/pu94eyy1z/

SleepingSnorlax said:
Can anyone tell me the value of a Charizard ex (Mint)? Eyeball grading would be either PSA 9 or 10

I recommend you examine the card very closely under a bright light. Try as hard as you can to find something wrong with it. Scrutinize every detail. After inspecting the card at various angles, you should be able to see whether or not there are any scratches, white spots, etc.

If you cannot find anything wrong with the card then it is very likely a PSA 9 or PSA 10. This is based on your own judgment; keep in mind that most people have a different opinion of what constitutes a Mint condition card. If you manage to find a single, almost invisible scratch or white spot, then you may still receive a PSA 9 (or PSA 10 if they fail to notice it).

Even if the card receives a PSA 8 it may still be worth having graded. It won't gain significant value, but it will be much easier to sell for what it is worth. You can expect around $200 for a Charizard ex PSA 9. There aren't many around so a PSA 10 can sell as high as $500. These prices are based on my observations on the market over the past two years (plus I tried to nab a PSA 10 awhile back). :p

Most of this may be common knowledge but hopefully this benefits everyone else with similar questions.

hello, guys .i have a question. how much are the gold star espeon japanese and gold star umbreon worth? :)

both japanese version :)

SoulWind said:
SleepingSnorlax said:
Can anyone tell me the value of a Charizard ex (Mint)? Eyeball grading would be either PSA 9 or 10

I recommend you examine the card very closely under a bright light. Try as hard as you can to find something wrong with it. Scrutinize every detail. After inspecting the card at various angles, you should be able to see whether or not there are any scratches, white spots, etc.

If you cannot find anything wrong with the card then it is very likely a PSA 9 or PSA 10. This is based on your own judgment; keep in mind that most people have a different opinion of what constitutes a Mint condition card. If you manage to find a single, almost invisible scratch or white spot, then you may still receive a PSA 9 (or PSA 10 if they fail to notice it).

Even if the card receives a PSA 8 it may still be worth having graded. It won't gain significant value, but it will be much easier to sell for what it is worth. You can expect around $200 for a Charizard ex PSA 9. There aren't many around so a PSA 10 can sell as high as $500. These prices are based on my observations on the market over the past two years (plus I tried to nab a PSA 10 awhile back). :p

Most of this may be common knowledge but hopefully this benefits everyone else with similar questions.

Thanks for the advice. Haven't thought of using a bright light, but now I will. :)

JmsHt said:
hello, guys .i have a question. how much are the gold star espeon japanese and gold star umbreon worth? :)

It really depends on the timing. I know that I've never seen a sealed set with both sell for under 600$ overseas at auctions so I am guessing with mark up and demand it could be worth 800$+

I am assuming you are talking about the L-P ones.

Ulricke said:
How much is a Japanese Gold Catcher from the set "Dark Rush" worth? The ebay price is $130, but that seem a bit overpriced too me.

130$ is not over priced if it is mint.

Mint copies sell for over 80$ in Japan from what I've seen, with NM copies hovering around 60-70$.

They are very difficult to get because of the pull rate and for the obvious reason of popularity.

So I've been hearing that everyone's been pulling Heatran EX from Plasma Freeze, and I was wondering what it might be worth. I've checked the sold listings on eBay, and I'm getting an average of around $5, which is higher than I would have thought, with the "unplayability" it has been deemed with, as well as how many people are pulling it.

Frost Mage said:
So I've been hearing that everyone's been pulling Heatran EX from Plasma Freeze, and I was wondering what it might be worth. I've checked the sold listings on eBay, and I'm getting an average of around $5, which is higher than I would have thought, with the "unplayability" it has been deemed with, as well as how many people are pulling it.

RA 5-6, FA 10

Today I picked up a Metagross gold star that looks NM at worst for $33. I figure it was a decent deal but I was wondering how good of a deal it was since the sold listings of this card on eBay seem to fluctuate wildly.

bagoly14 said:
JmsHt said:

It really depends on the timing. I know that I've never seen a sealed set with both sell for under 600$ overseas at auctions so I am guessing with mark up and demand it could be worth 800$+

I am assuming you are talking about the L-P ones.

Ulricke said:

130$ is not over priced if it is mint.

Mint copies sell for over 80$ in Japan from what I've seen, with NM copies hovering around 60-70$.

They are very difficult to get because of the pull rate and for the obvious reason of popularity.

thx for your reply. i think the umbreon should be more pricey. I‘ve ever seen a Chinese collector got the umbreon. espeon ,flareon, jolteon and vaporeon together for 80,000 yen ,about 800dollars

Frost said:
Today I picked up a Metagross gold star that looks NM at worst for $33. I figure it was a decent deal but I was wondering how good of a deal it was since the sold listings of this card on eBay seem to fluctuate wildly.

I'd say it was decent. A bit of waiting can yield a $40-$45 NM/Mint one.

Frost said:

i got that one for $10 on Yahoo Japan Auction :)

JmsHt said:
Frost said:

Mint condition ,1ED.

JmsHt said:
Frost said:

JmsHt said:

Mint condition ,1ED.

The person bought an English copy, not a Japanese copy.

Back